Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    about the Combo - when u slash the user, they are slightly locked at their position if their on ground, so if ur quick u can simply slash and flip the dude. thats what im tryna say.
    When I flip i flip and shift, so if someone were to slash i would recoil it.
    That's irrelevant to what I was talking about.

No. I can't predict the future, All I'm saying is that I think this will hurt the game more than it will save it. I think you will kill the mode by doing this and that's just my opinion and that's why I'm arguing against this idea. I am also arguing for what i enjoy about the mode and how this idea ruins the fun for us who likes the original mode. You're dividing it because you and a few others will be in this new mode while others will stay at the original. That's to divide. Basically making a mode more friendly to flips won't bring more players.

I personally enjoy it because of the strategys I have to use. It makes it challenging. If I login and see only a room with this new mode and not the original mode then i won't bother to enter as it has ruined my way of playing the game. And that's my PERSONAL opinion, which I have every right to use here as I believe others will feel the same way once this comes through. Read my example again with the [R] tag above.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    That's irrelevant to what I was talking about.

No. I can't predict the future, All I'm saying is that I think this will hurt the game more than it will save it. I think you will kill the mode by doing this and that's just my opinion and that's why I'm arguing against this idea. I am also arguing for what i enjoy about the mode and how this idea ruins the fun for us who likes the original mode. You're dividing it because you and a few others will be in this new mode while others will stay at the original. That's to divide. Basically making a mode more friendly to flips won't bring more players.

I personally enjoy it because of the strategys I have to use. It makes it challenging. If I login and see only a room with this new mode and not the original mode then i won't bother to enter as it has ruined my way of playing the game. And that's my PERSONAL opinion, which I have every right to use here as I believe others will feel the same way once this comes through. Read my example again with the [R] tag above.
    How do u know it will hurt the game more than save it?
    None of the modes will be killed, sometimes its normal mode, somtimes its this new mode. depends on which room is active, that room will stay.
    From what i know, stairways glad room do die when players leave the game. if you are saying i and few others will play new mode, and others will continue original mode. i'm afraid but this will not be the case, either the normal glad or the new glad style will be more active at a given time.

look dude, you just medstyle, your using ur past to determine what is what. we know whats happening here. so idk why your coming in the way.

This suggestion is gr8, i believe the admins should make stairways flips more great.

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Removing damage causes a major change in approach towards this mode's community which is small already, so dividing it even further seems like a really stupid move.

Look, if you remove damage you remove a very big part of the fun about it, while it's not as big as it sounds you lose lots of strategies when you remove damage, like I did explain to you in game and you even agreed with me, removing damage makes the game quite predictable and no fun, all you'll have to do is spam flips.

"but you still can slash and flip" - yes, you can, but the slashing won't be as effective anymore therefore people will just keep standing there waiting for you to approach with slashes, thus, no point slashing to begin with.

Getting damage also causing you to be aware of your remaining health points which means you'll play more carefully and upon having less health points you'll develop a different strategy for the situation.

Like it was already said it'll take the same effect if everyone will just use training swords.

Glad (and this is glad, no matter if you disagree) is based mostly on timing in calibration with strategy, you remove damage, you remove 50%of the acting glad principles.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    Removing damage causes a major change in approach towards this mode's community which is small already, so dividing it even further seems like a really stupid move.

Look, if you remove damage you remove a very big part of the fun about it, while it's not as big as it sounds you lose lots of strategies when you remove damage, like I did explain to you in game and you even agreed with me, removing damage makes the game quite predictable and no fun, all you'll have to do is spam flips.

"but you still can slash and flip" - yes, you can, but the slashing won't be as effective anymore therefore people will just keep standing there waiting for you to approach with slashes, thus, no point slashing to begin with.

Getting damage also causing you to be aware of your remaining health points which means you'll play more carefully and upon having less health points you'll develop a different strategy for the situation.

Like it was already said it'll take the same effect if everyone will just use training swords.

Glad (and this is glad, no matter if you disagree) is based mostly on timing in calibration with strategy, you remove damage, you remove 50%of the acting glad principles.
    This Mode, will not divide anyone... goddamit how do u guys think it will divide? either the most popular glad room at the given time will be played until it dies out, then the next person making the room will decide what will be the mode and this will continue. The community wont be divided...............

How will slashing not be effective? slashing followed by flip is mostly what decent ppl in stairways use to flip someone to death. The DMG part is unnecessary as you can just run away and constanly heal up which is very time consuming since they halved the hp/ap amount.

The only stratergy someone developes when they are low is to tuttle up and run to the god damn hp/ap spawn at stairways.... like comon...

Why are you comparing to normal glad mode?

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    This Mode, will not divide anyone... goddamit how do u guys think it will divide? either the most popular glad room at the given time will be played until it dies out, then the next person making the room will decide what will be the mode and this will continue. The community wont be divided...............

How will slashing not be effective? slashing followed by flip is mostly what decent ppl in stairways use to flip someone to death. The DMG part is unnecessary as you can just run away and constanly heal up which is very time consuming since they halved the hp/ap amount.

The only stratergy someone developes when they are low is to tuttle up and run to the god damn hp/ap spawn at stairways.... like comon...

Well, according to your statement, let's just remove HP & AP spawns altogether in all game modes since they're waste of time, right?

HP spawns exist in all kinds of games, not just GunZ, so saying they're "waste of time" is bluntly dumb.
    yes while you have to run to get healed it's also part of the game and strategy of how you run not to get killed in the process and then again you gotta time it right if the spawn isn't re-created yet.

"but I can just hang on somewhere near" - yes you can, but while doing it you also have to be cautious about your surroundings which is again, part of strategy and game.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by León View Post
    Well, according to your statement, let's just remove HP & AP spawns altogether in all game modes since they're waste of time, right?

HP spawns exist in all kinds of games, not just GunZ, so saying they're "waste of time" is bluntly dumb.
    yes while you have to run to get healed it's also part of the game and strategy of how you run not to get killed in the process and then again you gotta time it right if the spawn isn't re-created yet.

"but I can just hang on somewhere near" - yes you can, but while doing it you also have to be cautious about your surroundings which is again, part of strategy and game.
    theres no strategy,,, u camp at hp/ap spot if some chases u then you run away like a noob. hp/ap spawns r not required we want fast intense gameplay not slow.

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Flipping is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't flip once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. flippin is a habit.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post

giving your slashes a more impactful feeling (which some mmos do really well) is an important bit to playing glad, even in stairway. Removing the fear from players who do nothing but flip will turn the game to stale, predictable and boring, its a fact.

ive played about 2 hours of glad today dominating you and your 3 fanboys and i relied on my slashing so much to finalize the killing because not every fight ends with a flip, infact if there were statistics to determine how many kills in the stairway map end with death by low hp rather than death by flip, the percentages would be very high considering the nature of the map and how much of it is void.

Therefore, as Leon said, removing the ability to finalize your kills using slashes and ontop of that giving the opponent a fear for his life when hes on low hp (causing him to block, and be vulnerable to flips), causes the mode to lose a lot of the strategic playstyle it has.

If you and especially your brother wouldnt be so much of trolls nowadays you would agree.

Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Flipping is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't flip once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. flippin is a habit.
    wot 'n tarnation

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    giving your slashes a more impactful feeling (which some mmos do really well) is an important bit to playing glad, even in stairway. Removing the fear from players who do nothing but flip will turn the game to stale, predictable and boring, its a fact.

ive played about 2 hours of glad today dominating you and your 3 fanboys and i relied on my slashing so much to finalize the killing because not every fight ends with a flip, infact if there were statistics to determine how many kills in the stairway map end with death by low hp rather than death by flip, the percentages would be very high considering the nature of the map and how much of it is void.

Therefore, as Leon said, removing the ability to finalize your kills using slashes and ontop of that giving the opponent a fear for his life when hes on low hp (causing him to block, and be vulnerable to flips), causes the mode to lose a lot of the strategic playstyle it has.

If you and especially your brother wouldnt be so much of trolls nowadays you would agree.
    wasn't even trying, was using kods u idiot.
    OT: No the dmg should be removed and more concentration should be made on your flipping ability. All you do is bring high dmg sword and throw out some bfs at ppl, which is very lame to me; what your essentially making ppl do is back out and waste time to heal up. If no dmg is in place, this wont be the case, ppl will try to fight constantly. i.e. a passt-paced fighting environment. which will bring more ppl into the game.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I say no. This would take up space on the client that can go towards other things, just to please a very small group of people (even if they're super active, it's a small amount of people). Plus it's not like this is some type of "wow" factor suggestion either that'll boost the player count. Most of the community laughs at and mocks the concept of Gladiator anyway.

This is really specific and limits who's able to play. You want a flip-only game mode, but:

- Not all of the game's weapons can flip. (D-stylers & L Sworders screwed)
    - Players who like to do insta-kills in mid air won't be able to by dealing no dmg
    - Some players like both using their sword to damage and flip-killing if needed

And of course the repeated answer to it all is "Huehuehuecrycrycry go screw and make another room that'll die in 5 mins, because we're all having fun and no one will end up joining you" lol. It'd be a good idea if kept separate from the Main Lobby and done as like a "Friendly Fire Flipping LMS" event, hosted exclusively on Stairway and other similar maps. Otherwise it's just gonna be the [R] and [IA] story all over again like Linzor said, separating the Glad community that's already dead.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information