Country
    Thanks
    Hi.

I posted a comment on that other thread about "Flips mode" or what was it, about how cool it would be if swords dmg(ok, melee weapons, but mostly swords, because daggers are just merciless in a close range) gets increased just by a very tiny bit.

I'm not implying - make swords op and annoying to deal with, just a notch, to give the player a fair chance since blocking is not really an option against sgs. It'd feel much more rewarding and fair when you decide to fight sgs head on in a tough moment and shine as a true swordsman. But - even if it stays the same - it's cool.

Peace
    Last edited by ViktorBCII; 06-13-2019 at 06:26 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to ViktorBCII for this useful post:

Zabu (06-13-2019)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Swords already deal a lot of damage and you want it to deal more to balance fighting people shooting you with a shotgun? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

You can definitely block sgs with sword if you're up close lol. Besides that they wont be able to even shoot you if they have their sgs drawn and you're all up in their face.

Even daggers are brilliant up close against sgs, watch Zefard fk people up using one

4. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

la flame (06-13-2019)

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Yea... I(and a lot of others) absolutely despise slashers in tdm. So making them even more powerful does not seem like a fun time.

Country
    Thanks
    Alright, that's cool, it's my personal opinion and I'm free to share it. If most of you guys are not cool with it, obviously it should stay the way it is. Also, keep in mind I'm kinda new in fgunz, that's just what I experience in-game as a sword guy. I get taken down from distance pretty easily, so when I get close to anybody it's even easier for them to take me down with a direct shot, that's why I said blocking is not really an option, atleast for me.

And I'm disregarding the "flipping/stunning" aspect, that's something else, if you get in that no matter what, you are mostly dead by 2-3 shots, but everyone can do that anyway, the slash dmg does not play a big role in that. I'm focused on the dmg-thing here, because in my experience, it takes A LOT more to kill somebody with a sword dmg, than with sg.

Anyway, as I said - just saying out loud things, doesn't mean it has to be. It's interesting to hear other opinions on the matter.
    Last edited by ViktorBCII; 06-13-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah I'm not bashing on your opinion, I'm just telling you mine in return. Swords are already strong Imo and making them stronger to compete with sgs doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If you can't block their shots to reach them then how does the damage matter to begin with? Anyways, try looking downwards while blocking to cover your whole body. The closer you are the easier it is to block it.

A donor/tourney sword does like 28-29 damage or something. I think that's a really high number, especially if you just butterfly the fk out of them.

8. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (06-13-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Haha, that's definitely true. It's kinda hard to deal with it in rooms with alot of people tho, because you face that direction as you block for what I would concider a prolonged period of time as somebody shoots your back and of course you can't really assasinate somebody with 3 quick slashes and get out, you normally need quite some time sticking to the target and following.
    But I get your point - you're definitely right.
    Last edited by ViktorBCII; 06-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

10. The following user said thank you to ViktorBCII for this useful post:

Linzor (06-13-2019)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Agree with Linzor.

Thanks for the suggestion but..
    Declined

12. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

ViktorBCII (06-15-2019)

Thread Information