Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    I mean this is great, I appreciate the time you guys took to make this and all and I hope some ET's appreciate it aswell, might even try some of them for themselves.

Would I want any of it forced upon them? No.

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    This thread is taking a different turn, stay on the topic of the suggestions provided about W2W, take your personal issues and qualms outside of the thread. Any other off topic post I see will be removed and you may risk being thread banned.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    1. I will host the obstacle I see fit, regardless of difficulty or similarity. Just go with the low.
    2. Literally every single one of you keep saying 'it is impossible' BEFORE even attempting to try and pass the obstacle so that just makes me not wanting to do re-rounds in the first place.
    People who claim something is impossible are divided into 2 groups:
    those using common sense and have game knowledge from years of playing to understand whats possible and whats not, and those who just say something is impossible towards everything that is purely luck based (and there are plenty of purely luck based obstacles made by the team right now).
    This is why ranking things by difficulty and providing this list is good, for allowing ets to pick something that wont kill 95% of players and something they can enjoy (knowing you win based on luck and not skill has the opposite effect of what you want from an event).

Regardless, as chef said, this thread is mainly for recommending new obstacles, discussing current obstacles and their difficulty or anything else related to w2w.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    People who claim something is impossible are divided into 2 groups:
    those using common sense and have game knowledge from years of playing to understand whats possible and whats not, and those who just say something is impossible towards everything that is purely luck based (and there are plenty of purely luck based obstacles made by the team right now).
    This is why ranking things by difficulty and providing this list is good, for allowing ets to pick something that wont kill 95% of players and something they can enjoy (knowing you win based on luck and not skill has the opposite effect of what you want from an event).

Regardless, as chef said, this thread is mainly for recommending new obstacles, discussing current obstacles and their difficulty or anything else related to w2w.
    Funny how people keep ignoring the fact of actually trying to pass and just say its impossible instead, not like the 'years' of gameknowledge actually applies when it comes to this but its w/e. And tbh I'd rather have obstacles that kill more people than going to the trouble of setting up obstacles where everyone will pass, porbably also a reason why everyone complains about everything being impossible.

Funny how they keep spamming impossible untill a countdown start, a player succeeds and they copy how he did it. But oh well, thanks for the amazing ideas and I hope someone will use this thread as inspiration!!!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Funny how people keep ignoring the fact of actually trying to pass and just say its impossible instead, not like the 'years' of gameknowledge actually applies when it comes to this but its w/e. And tbh I'd rather have obstacles that kill more people than going to the trouble of setting up obstacles where everyone will pass, porbably also a reason why everyone complains about everything being impossible.

Funny how they keep spamming impossible untill a countdown start, a player succeeds and they copy how he did it. But oh well, thanks for the amazing ideas and I hope someone will use this thread as inspiration!!!
    its true, some of them lack experience and say impossible towards everything until a player passes it.
    However, you don't co-host or participate in all of the wall to wall events (including the most recent one today), the obstacles were a joke for 90% of the event and a big part of them was also luck based, which is truly concerning.

Country
    Thanks
    its true, some of them lack experience and say impossible towards everything until a player passes it.
    However, you don't co-host or participate in all of the wall to wall events (including the most recent one today), the obstacles were a joke for 90% of the event and a big part of them was also luck based, which is truly concerning.
    luck based? concerning? I disagree on that part. If it's all about luck then that means bigger chance for noobs to win, which will make them come by more often, rather than seeing the same old players win over and over and over again, never to be beaten. Fun for that single player, boring for everyone else who doesn't stand a chance.

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    luck based? concerning? I disagree on that part. If it's all about luck then that means bigger chance for noobs to win, which will make them come by more often, rather than seeing the same old players win over and over and over again, never to be beaten. Fun for that single player, boring for everyone else who doesn't stand a chance.
    There are, however, not many noobs playing events. The majority of players are relatively experienced and are not waiting on events to be luck based. I'd focus more on not losing the players at hand, than gathering new players.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    What is concerning is that, including you and all the other players who play events on a daily basis complain about something that is impossible BEFORE actually trying to pass. Its actually quite pathetic, not a single Wall 2 Wall event I hosted had an obstacle that was impossible and 75% of those obstacles were hammered as 'impossible'.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    There are, however, not many noobs playing events. The majority of players are relatively experienced and are not waiting on events to be luck based. I'd focus more on not losing the players at hand, than gathering new players.
    I rather have a bunch of players win based on luck than a selective few elites compete against each other all the time. There are SO many events that you win based on skills. Having a few that focuses more on luck is not a bad thing Imo.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Well yes, having the same winner isn't good for anyone except that player.
    At first I was going to add a "luck" category to the list, but when i thought about it, noobs who win because obstacles are based on luck leave a group of people who lost without understanding why, you could be as good as you want and not win. If obstacles are easy or very hard yet not luck based, and a noob dies on them, atleast he knows theres something he could do better to beat them if he was good enough.
    Luck based obstacles might also discourage players from participating in events, because they know that no matter how much time they put into playing they wont win any more than they do as noobs.

(I realize this is only a small part of some events, and events are never decided 100% on luck, but we still shouldn't allow such a factor to determine a big part of an event.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information