Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    Obviously, there is need for some change here in the FGunZ server because something is keeping us from bringing our player count back up. I'd like to talk about a few things first that I believe should change so that we can make FG great again! So lets get started, ya?

First, I'd like to talk about our current staff. Ya'll doing great especially the GMs taking on all those unban appeals and Hacker & Player reports (Kudos to you). I thought about how there might be too many GMs for a server with not many people, but then I remember that its important to have just as many opinions as possible especially when it comes to unban appeals (Something I want to talk about later on) so theres nothing wrong there. So where does the problem lie? The ETs. Don't get me wrong, its not very motivating to host an event when only 4-8 people attend throughout the day, but I still believe that ALL ETs should be hosting an equal amount of time (unless reasons given). I ask that the higher ups look into the ETs activity and make a justified decision as to whos putting the most amount of work in comparison to whos not giving any at all. I'm not trying to fight with any of the ETs, I'm just trying to prove a point. You're more than welcome to state your opinion.

Spoiler!

Secondly, I want to talk about the player count. I want to keep this server alive as well as the other 40-60 players that are active throughout the day. I propose that we first start looking into the unban appeals and be a little more lax about how they are handled. Allow me to go into detail. Theres a great difference amongst the players who have been banned from just constant general harassment to obvious hacking. I ask that those that are anything but obvious hacking or anything in violation of the ToS are reconsidered to getting unbanned. They got banned for a reason, yes, but at this point losing a player is something that this server cant afford. I spoke with some players in game (names will remain anonymous) and many agreed that they stopped/would stop playing if a friend/someone they know got banned. That is the main reason I am suggesting this. I'm not saying to unban every player that deems their outcomes as "unjustified", but I ask that more thoughts are put into each unban appeal with the thought in mind of:
    -How much they wish to return to fgunz
    -How major was their offense
    -How their unban would impact the player count
    If all this is considered and its still believed that it wouldn't be right to unban said person, then the job is simply just being done as you were supposed to.

Lastly, lets talk about where FG is, where its headed, and where it could be headed. Right now, FG is in a good place, despite the low player count. I looked upon other GunZ communities and majority of them say that FG is the best (Obviously with our admins leading us), but the question lies as why are we still sitting at 30-60 players? Its only because there are other servers with more players so that attracts more players, even if said server isnt better. Players attract players, thats all there is to it. Take up my suggestions above and we might just attract said players then shall exponentially increase in player count. So where is it headed? If no actions are taking, we'd just be stuck in this current situation for god only knows how long. It wouldn't be entirely bad, but it wouldn't be recommended either, so lets just jump into where it could be headed, ya? If this works, we could steadily increase how many players we have on daily and possibly attract the attention of new developers (to ease the tension off our current ones) and make FG great again! Now I know this all sounds naive and yea theres also the possibility that it could take a turn for the worse, but. We dont have much to lose in my suggestion. Even if unbanning some players doesn't increase the player count it could still have a more positive impact on this server. How? Well, lets be honest. A lot of people are banned for pretty silly reasons, but I wont go into detail because I'm sure most people know what I'm talking about. I believe this server can make a comeback and I'm wanting to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Everything I said is for the sake of bringing FG back to it's former glory. Thank you for reading.
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

2. The following user said thank you to Prone for this useful post:

ImComming4U (07-30-2019)

#1Chef's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for the effort you put in the thread, got one thing to outline though:

I'm not saying to unban every player that deems their outcomes as "unjustified", but I ask that more thoughts are put into each unban appeal with the thought in mind of:
    -How much they wish to return to fgunz
    -How major was their offense
    -How their unban would impact the player count
    I can't agree with your last point here, how a player's unban would impact playercount should never be a factor to take into consideration when dealing with an appeal. If we did that then it would be unfair, we'd basically be saying "you're famous so we should consider unbanning you", while people who aren't wouldn't have that privilege. Can't say I'm too fond of that.

We're actually a lot more lenient with unban appeals now than we were before due to this thread last year, people have constantly accused GMs of being too lenient and saying things like:

So when it comes to unbans I think nothing needs to be changed in that aspect.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    Thanks for the effort you put in the thread, got one thing to outline though:

I can't agree with your last point here, how a player's unban would impact playercount should never be a factor to take into consideration when dealing with an appeal. If we did that then it would be unfair, we'd basically be saying "you're famous so we should consider unbanning you", while people who aren't wouldn't have that privilege. Can't say I'm too fond of that.

We're actually a lot more lenient with unban appeals now than we were before due to this thread last year, people have constantly accused GMs of being too lenient and saying things like:

https://i.imgur.com/fXA4Nln.png

So when it comes to unbans I think nothing needs to be changed in that aspect.
    I mustve worded that wrong. Obviously, a player's fame should never be considered when doing an unban appeal. I only meant to view a possibility of having more players when said player is unbanned. In example, once one is unbanned they reach out to a friend (who potentially stopped playing since they were banned) and then so on. Obviously I'm not saying like "Go tell your friends to come to fg cause youre unbanned now", but like just the action alone should be enough to grab the attention of said friends. Sorry im kinda spinning in circles here I just have slight trouble explaining what im trying to say. All in all, I'm not asking for a complete reform of the unbans and I do get that its already more lenient as it is, but I'm more leaning towards being more lenient as to HOW they get banned. Obviously some things shouldnt be joked about and harassment is a serious thing even if its over the internet. I dont doubt any of the staff's ability to detect any hacks (although some may be more difficult to detect than others), but if even one person amongst the staff have the slightest thoughts that maybe the person making the appeal should be unbanned. I hope even that slight thought is taken to consideration.
    Credits to Azuki

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Mate u tryna fire shots while I’m on holiday in Canada???

OT: As said many times before, we can’t forget the fact that a majority of the people not playing gunz anymore just have lives, jobs and families. I mean most of the staff started playing this game more than 10 years ago and we’re currently at an age where its difficult to maintain activity on a game like this. And yeah to keep and attract new players is difficult since GunZ is just a difficult game to get into, gotta put a lot of effort in it.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Problem with unban appeals is that probably 75% of the people lie about them using something (in case of hacking) or they bypassed their ban one or multiple times, we cannot be more lax if people lie or bypass.

Another problem is that a lot of people have grown up or started playing other games. Also, games like Fortnite have been growing massively in popularity among the young players which also impacted GunZ popularity. (since it had many young players as well, especially in certain countries)
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Mate u tryna fire shots while I’m on holiday in Canada???

OT: As said many times before, we can’t forget the fact that a majority of the people not playing gunz anymore just have lives, jobs and families. I mean most of the staff started playing this game more than 10 years ago and we’re currently at an age where its difficult to maintain activity on a game like this. And yeah to keep and attract new players is difficult since GunZ is just a difficult game to get into, gotta put a lot of effort in it.
    I did say unless reasons given though smh.

OT: I know that FG isnt the first thing on people's mind when they get out of work or spend time with their families. But in the same time many friendships were created here and some still remain friends even outside of FG. I'm just trying to defend a place they can come back to to reminisce.

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Problem with unban appeals is that probably 75% of the people lie about them using something (in case of hacking) or they bypassed their ban one or multiple times, we cannot be more lax if people lie or bypass.

Another problem is that a lot of people have grown up or started playing other games. Also, games like Fortnite have been growing massively in popularity among the young players which also impacted GunZ popularity. (since it had many young players as well, especially in certain countries)
    Ew fortnite. I mean yea its understandable that most people who play GunZ are more likely around 20+ yrs old at the very least, but that doesnt explain why other servers still have players. Everyone is trying to make their own private server when honestly we should all have our eyes on one and have one big server. The forum stats on FG are greater than any other server and it was the first one to catch my eye ever since Aeria (ijji) closed. Yea, some people unban appeals appear two-faced I know that just as much as the GMs. But I still strongly believe that GunZ can stay alive for a really long time because theres not really any copy for it. Its not a dead game, just outdated. I mean like look at games like Super mario maker right? Super mario world is a game older than GunZ many times over, but all they had to do was make it so that you can make your own maps and play in it freely and BAM its basically the same exact game. Any game could attract attention even if its just the most simplest, yet most requested change. I know the server may not have the manpower, but it does have the time. I have faith.
    Credits to Azuki

Dante's Avatar Nephilim Son Of Sparda

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    I spoke with some players in game (names will remain anonymous) and many agreed that they stopped/would stop playing if a friend/someone they know got banned.
    Well, if a player got banned because they hacked or another reason and another player (their friends) says that they'd stop / would stop because they got banned, it's their loss, not ours.

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    A lot of the current ET's are busy right now during summer and the Admins are aware, it's only temporary. That's why we've had Emperor host so much so credit to him for contributing more than what is his responsibility.

I mean you really have no idea what's going on in those appeals so I don't know how you can know that even some of them are banned for silly reasons. Anyways the whole "if my friend gets banned then I leave" argument is completely invalid.

Honestly, there are some ideas we've had about changes to the game, McSic has been every motivated to try make a change but these days we barely get any feedback on actual changes like the one recently with sg spread.

10. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Beast (07-30-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Well, if a player got banned because they hacked or another reason and another player (their friends) says that they'd stop / would stop because they got banned, it's their loss, not ours.
    You're missing the point. Go back and read.

Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    A lot of the current ET's are busy right now during summer and the Admins are aware, it's only temporary. That's why we've had Emperor host so much so credit to him for contributing more than what is his responsibility.

I mean you really have no idea what's going on in those appeals so I don't know how you can know that even some of them are banned for silly reasons. Anyways the whole "if my friend gets banned then I leave" argument is completely invalid.

Honestly, there are some ideas we've had about changes to the game, McSic has been every motivated to try make a change but these days we barely get any feedback on actual changes like the one recently with sg spread.
    I clearly said "(unless reasons given)" so I'm not trying to bash on any of the ETs at all if they got their own things going on, but its a different story when they've actually been online and don't host. I wouldnt say that the "if my friend gets banned then I leave" is completely invalid (maybe to some extent), but lets be honest here some players have a closer relationship to the staff than others and that could lead to a slight off-sided decision. Is it wrong? Yea, but its what makes us human. Its natural to have friends and you'd want to defend them if you have the power to do so right? Obviously, nobody should be taking sides and every decision should be equally considered no matter who they are. Like I said in an earlier comment, friendships were made here and something as simple as a ban could be the reason why both users would move to a different server or stop playing altogether. I'd do it for you if you got banned <3 (Not that you would get banned). Not everyone thinks the same as you do lin. Also, yes I want to give Emp lots of credit for hosting lots in the ETs stead.

Regarding the ideas that McSic presented, I get that its hard to really get feedback on changes he wants to make in the server. Perhaps the staff could make a couple notices per day when an idea is presented so that people actually notice it? Or maybe some sort of special notification to show that a poll is happening to get more opinions?

I just dont want FG to die. I mean no harm.
    Last edited by Prone; 07-30-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    Credits to Azuki

12. The following user said thank you to Prone for this useful post:

Beast (08-13-2019)

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    the game itself just died.. asdave stated above players went to play other games (especially young people) and other players just grew up enough for this game or other games.. i don't think there is a way to get this server as it was before, also not to mention the other gunz server that has daily over 200 players online and still have new players to join it so yeah as you said players attract players so they of course will decide to play a server which has more player count and it is hard (impossible) to beat that server when you only have 50 players online everyday and need to increase it to 150 at least to get over

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information