Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Do you reckon it would be worth it?

I mean out of the 22,000 members if 100 decided to give it a try and 50 stay. I would still think that would be worth it?
I hate to be the only pessimist out of the bunch, but I personally don't think it'd be worth it. Gotta keep in mind the majority of the people receiving these emails are older and roughly in the same age gap. Years ago people were younger, in school and too young to work/just started working, basically had more free time. Now most people are in college and/or working full-time (maybe even overtime) hours. Even if it reels in a fair amount of people, most players are at the point where life's too busy and there's little free time, so I don't see the activity maintaining for very long.

On a more positive note, I think what we should do is take the word of mouth approach like you said, and we try to reach out to a different group of people. Maybe for example if you play CS:GO, "hey guys I'm out, I'm gonna go play FreestyleGunZ now." Or if you're in some sort of gaming discord channel or anything you could see FG being related to, could possibly spread the word there also. As long as everyone does their part as a community to make the newer players feel welcomed, are willing to teach them things and help the players get close to our level of experience, then I see it working out fine.