Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    not every staff member should have the tournament item, some deserve and some dont, those who were actually good at the game or still are can keep it, otherwise hosting a tournament to get the item loses its value lol i mean i hosted 2 and i still didnt get one
    ayy keep ya mouth closed thas yo fault :$$$$$

ontopic though yeah I do agree..
    although the staff hosting the tournaments to get the tourney item was a good incentive to host the tournies as they are a pain in the ass to run, i do belive that it was justifiable in the era of 300+ players... but i do understand as the playercount is not as high as it once was, the smaller the pool for the potential future staff, which results in people who become staff and host the tourney would probably end up with an item.... next thing u know everyone and their grandma has a tourney item

2. The following user said thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Hart (09-10-2019)

Bulba's Avatar The Original Pokemon

Country
    Thanks
    The reason why hosts received the weapons was because arranging and hosting the tournament was not a piece a cake. The amount of work put in to make the tournament work with people being afk or not responding is a pain in a butt. I do realize that the value is lost when hosters receive and I understand that point of view and agree.

Overall, you guys should really thank the previous staff members who put in a lot of effort to make a tournament that had real money, coins, items, etc. Obiviously the 2 previous ones were Ganggbangg and Chef. Thank their hardwork!

I also think hackers should lose any donor item in the account if they hack. Just like other games, when you hack, you lose every skin, donation items, etc in the account and it is not playable. For example: CSGO, if you hack, you get to keep the skins of the guns but you can no longer play with other online people.

uwu

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    This should also apply to people who sell their accounts with tourney items. Buying/selling is discouraged on FG anyway, so implementing this shouldn't be a problem, right? Makes no sense when anyone but the winners are able to use these items.
    this

I know at least 3 people who have sold or share tourny winning accounts, which really takes away from the value of a tourny winner alongside every other reason listed by Trauma.
    Last edited by Lawri; 09-10-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I agree wholeheartedly, i've got a tourney item from hosting before but i don't use it because i feel like i don't deserve it.

I feel like hosts should get some kind of compensation for hosting a tourney though, usually its a mess because people suddenly dissapear while they have to do their match.

Only thing i could see being a problem is seperating the people from who won it and who received it for hosting.
    For example mike, no one is gonna guess he won a tourney but somehow he did o.O

If we remove it from ex-hosts we don't have to guess tho

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    I've always stated that hosting doesn't cut it to get an item, and I also agree with the hacker part, generally it's a good suggestion and should be at least partly implemented.

Country
    Thanks
    These should be implemented to the ex staff who got torny item due to hosting who don't deserve like rapheal who lost these torny in the very first round.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    They should only receive these items if they hosted a tournament, not an event.

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    They should only receive these items if they hosted a tournament, not an event.
    No they shouldn't, I don't disagree with the the fact that an other form of reward should be given but not the items themselves.

10. The following user said thank you to León for this useful post:

Ekital (09-10-2019)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    alright guess from what everyones said we can come to a general consensus that people who have hosted a tournament and spent their own money in return do deserve some kind of reward I wasnt trying to take away from it, its not easy to host for a bunch of autists but lawri and eb brought up a good point

so many rejects ingame flexxing on bought accounts their 'Tournament Winner' item.

this is also one I've love to see dealt with

also forget the money part they basically took time out of their lives to deal and organise a tournament so it needs to be complimented somehow I guess a tournament item was the original answer but it shouldnt be possibly some forum status like '2017 Spring 1v1 Tournament Hoster'
    Last edited by Traumatiser; 09-10-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    inb4 you guys find out that there was a dev who had 5 tourny items who traded the account.
    then the trader sold the account to someone else.
    account with 5 tourny items being passed around.... no biggy right

13. The following user said thank you to Hart for this useful post:

Piccolo (09-10-2019)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information