Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PhantomMylo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    I dont think it's a good idea, if people will use and enjoy the forum more than they enjoy the game itself it might make the game drop and I dont think thats the idea of the forum.
    It might be nice to have a group chat but not farther , at least at my opinion.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The only problem with a forum activity reward system is that it's extremely easy to abuse. Even someone with near zero scripting knowledge can create a script that browses the forum for them. If we require people to post replies/threads then I already know it will be mostly spam.

Also if someone is on the forum then we can't see what they are actually doing. For all we know they have the tab open 24/7 and don't ever pay attention to it.
    wouldnt be a bad idea to put it into testing, if its abused like buying/selling/trading in the past where you had to be the middleman then call it off its that easy, they need to be active chatting in the chatbox giving and taking, and only certain sections counts towards their activity reward system if that makes sense, not just having the tab open 24/7

EDIT: they also have to have satisfied the ingame quota where they have to be online for x amount of hours
    Last edited by Taint; 09-19-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Forum activity reward system will definitely make the forums more active and fun however like Dave said abusing this function will be so easy.

A script will take 10 minutes to code which can just keep you online all day and unfortunately there is no way to check if a user is using something like this.

@TAINT

People intend to stay away from chatting in the chatbox due to flamers/egos.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Forums activity - reward system will definitely make the forums more active and fun however like Dave said abusing this function will be so easy.

A script will take 10 minutes to code which can just keep you online all day and unfortunately there is no way to check if a user is using something like this.

@TAINT

People intend to stay away from chatting in the chatbox due to flamers/egos.
    yea but they need to meet the ingame quota too by playing to bare minimum of hours and exp, so its not exactly that easy to bypass, they cant rack time together, only when the game is off

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    yea but they need to meet the ingame quota too by playing to bare minimum of hours and exp, so its not exactly that easy to bypass, they cant rack time together, only when the game is off
    Actions that you need to do in-game are conceptually more complex and require a player's attention while everything a forum member does on the forum is relatively basic and can be coded using a script.
    Take the ex. developer modal for example, who made a thing that automatically posts whatever song he was listening to onto the 'what are you listening to' thread.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I know Dave said no new color ranks, and I'm pretty much borrowing and tweaking an idea from another forum I was a part of before, but maybe have one extra group added for "Forum Event Masters." After winning a certain amount of forum events, you'd be able to ask a mod to give you the new forum color name. That forum for example, people competed with each other in tournaments and had to beat each other's highest scores in mini games added into the forum (like Snake the arcade game for example). After so many wins, you'd get to ask for a light greenish color, and the text for your name would be sparkling. Doesn't have to be that idea copy and pasted here, but maybe we could just make it a thing to regularly host some type of forum events and give people a thing to look forward to with the color rank.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I know Dave said no new color ranks, and I'm pretty much borrowing and tweaking an idea from another forum I was a part of before, but maybe have one extra group added for "Forum Event Masters." After winning a certain amount of forum events, you'd be able to ask a mod to give you the new forum color name. That forum for example, people competed with each other in tournaments and had to beat each other's highest scores in mini games added into the forum (like Snake the arcade game for example). After so many wins, you'd get to ask for a light greenish color, and the text for your name would be sparkling. Doesn't have to be that idea copy and pasted here, but maybe we could just make it a thing to regularly host some type of forum events and give people a thing to look forward to with the color rank.
    We would have to actively host forum events first :^)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information