Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Topic 1: Event Variations or as Separate Events

Since there are different Race events should the event below be broken up into separate events? If not, should those Race events be like
    Freestyle Wars and have Variations. Or should the Freestyle Wars Variations component be removed and broken up into separate events? Additionally should the event below be renamed to "Freestyler" from "Freestyle"?

Freestyle Wars

Description: Everyone is against everyone. It's TDM but Friendly Fire is ON. Everyone will be randomly spawned around the map at the beginning of the round. Your objective is to kill your team until you're the only person left. The last player alive wins.
    If a variation of this event is played, players will use whatever items they have available, for instance if its Gladiator Wars, players can only use melee equipment; if Revolver Wars they can use both melee equipment and revolvers.

Rules: No camping, No teaming, No Forcelagging / Spiking, No joining Red Team.
    Prize: The last player alive will receive 1 event point.
    Game Mods: ESP, F, IA, NI
    Variations:
    Gladiator Wars = NG; Revolver Wars = RVO; Shotgun Wars = SGO; Sniper Wars = SNO

Race
    Description: Race to the finish line using whatever means necessary. In Deathrace: Friendly fire is on so you can kill people to get a better chance of winning. In Lolrace: Players will have no melee or weapon equipment, they would have decreased gravity allowing you to jump higher and cover more distance.
    Rules: No cutting across the map. No Macroing, No Elevating, No Forcelagging / Spiking, No e-lunging, No stalling.
    Prize: The first player to cross the finish line receives 1 event point.
    Game Mods: ESP, F, IA, M, NI
    Variations: Deathrace = Friendly Fire ON; Lolrace = G50, GLAD, NS

Topic 2
    : Competitiveness

Should the following events with the
    IA tag be replaced with the AD tag to increase competitiveness and reduce camping?

• Capture the Flag
    • Counter-Strike
    • Freestyle Wars (and all its variables)
    • Friendly Fire Frenzy
    • Hunger Games

Should the following event remove the
    AD tag since it already has the IA tag to increase competitiveness and reduce camping/stalling?

• Gun Game

Should the following event remove the IA tag to reduce camping/stalling?

• Duel

What are your thoughts on these proposals? Which option should we go with in Topic 1? Should Topic 2 be implemented? Is there anything that needs to be added to the discussion?
    Last edited by justRelax; 10-04-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Minor Edit

Spoiler!

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I think the event names should stay the way they are now.
    I dont think you guys should put extra effort on event names/explanation since every event in the event list has its own explanation already with eventinfo command.
    For example freestyle wars, most of the players still use its old name "survivor" and sometimes when u host sno freestyle many players get confused between surv, hunger games and cs event so why would put effort on something doesnt really help the players.

Replacing ia tag with ad tag is a good idea because it helps competitive players mainly and it affects players who only spam from a far distance and hide/run the whole event and end up winning the whole event.

Ad tag doesnt really help in gun game event because you dont need ammo when u get the kill in gg mode since you gonna have different weapns and full ammo.

3. The following user said thank you to Zabu for this useful post:

justRelax (09-29-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    Ad tag doesn't really help in gun game event because you don't need ammo when u get the kill in gg mode since you gonna have different weapons and full ammo.
    True, edited the main thread since this seems to be a better solution.

Spoiler!

5. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

Zabu (09-29-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Merged Topic 3 with Topic 2, and added another possible change.

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I personally dont like the AD tag, and i dont think it sees any real value in any room roght now, so no, i dont think it should be added to said events.

Regarding the names, I believe a certain witty/clever/summarizing title can be given to an event that has many variations, for example some of the events in my application or for example Race that has 3 versions, where the base idea of the event would be described first, so for example in survivor; "the objective of the event is to be the last person alive in a deathmatch, 5 rounds etc." And a row below that; "the event has the following variations/modes/versions/modifications/twists: {list}".

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Regarding the names, I believe a certain witty/clever/summarizing title can be given to an event that has many variations, for example some of the events in my application or for example Race that has 3 versions, where the base idea of the event would be described first, so for example in survivor; "the objective of the event is to be the last person alive in a deathmatch, 5 rounds etc." And a row below that; "the event has the following variations/modes/versions/modifications/twists: {list}".
    Even if we state it like that, we would still have to state the differences, for instance if FFF was included in Freestyler Wars, it needs to have additional information added to it, since its a bit different from the base case. Can't just list the different names in my opinion the Wars variation can be obvious but if its FFF it isn't exactly clear.

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Even if we state it like that, we would still have to state the differences, for instance if FFF was included in Freestyler Wars, it needs to have additional information added to it, since its a bit different from the base case. Can't just list the different names in my opinion the Wars variation can be obvious but if its FFF it isn't exactly clear.
    If you cant describe a variation in 1 sentence- call it a different event.
    FFF is a much more complex event conceptually, so i think its better if its a separate event.

10. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

justRelax (09-29-2019)

PhantomMylo's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    In my opinion, changing the event's name isn't helpful since the users are used to the regular names.
    Changing the names would change the event itself and I find Freestyle Gunz a special server because we have such a variety, changing the events names and their specialties would make a difference.

About the ad ai tags I don't know if it's a good idea, since we don't have the ai tag anymore so the only place we can play and use it, is the events.
    Looking at it from both sides, replacing ai tag with ad tag might make the events more competitive so we should look into both sides and decided if it's a good idea.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Old names are looks fit no need to change and AD tag is also good instead of AI to avoid the camp.
    In roller-coaster event must add AI tag if roll the dice tag is added, Its like more difficult to collect ammo in bunny, ninja, wire flame mode.
    Last edited by Faky; 09-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Country
    Thanks
    If you cant describe a variation in 1 sentence- call it a different event.
    FFF is a much more complex event conceptually, so i think its better if its a separate event.
    Will take this advice and remove FFF from the merger with Freestyle Wars from main post.

Will also Race to the Topic 1 Proposal.

Race
    Description: Race to the finish line using whatever means necessary. In Deathrace: Friendly fire is on so you can kill people to get a better chance of winning. In Lolrace: Players will have no melee or weapon equipment, they would have decreased gravity allowing you to jump higher and cover more distance.
    Rules: No cutting across the map. No Macroing, No Elevating, No Forcelagging / Spiking, No e-lunging, No stalling.
    Prize: The first player to cross the finish line receives 1 event point.
    Game Mods:ESP, F, IA, M, NI
    Variations: Deathrace = Friendly Fire ON; Lolrace = G50, GLAD, NS

Originally Posted by PhantomMylo View Post
    In my opinion, changing the event's name isn't helpful since the users are used to the regular names.
    Changing the names would change the event itself and I find Freestyle Gunz a special server because we have such a variety, changing the events names and their specialties would make a difference.

About the ad ai tags I don't know if it's a good idea, since we don't have the ai tag anymore so the only place we can play and use it, is the events.
    Looking at it from both sides, replacing ai tag with ad tag might make the events more competitive so we should look into both sides and decided if it's a good idea.
    It doesn't change the event itself, the name is only to make the event more visually appealing.

Disagree with your opinion on tags, just because it isn't available on the main channel doesn't mean we should use it in the event channel, there are more downsides than upsides to it. AD encourages people to fight for their ammo, while IA you can stay behind a wall and shoot all day.

Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    Old names are looks fit no need to change and AD tag is also good instead of AI to avoid the camp.
    In roller-coaster event must add AI tag if roll the dice tag is added, Its like more difficult to collect ammo in bunny, ninja, wire flame mode.

1. RTD is optional but if it makes it harder to collect ammo from people who roll certain rolls, then they are just unlucky.
    2. RTD is a luck based component. Besides people with Ninja tend to camp in the air, if they want to win, it encourages them to come down. Wireframe is almost like ESP, in fact it would even be easier to see the Ammo Drop. Bunny mode is all about timing.
    3. RTD is not a hindrance without the IA tag, it just makes it more difficult & more fun.

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information