Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    IGN of reported player:
    castiel et idk colors

Reason:
    Letting shortcutter win a deathrace when he stated multiple times shortcutting is not allowed, yet ignores the questions regarding small skillmap v1 shortcuts (and ignores a whole lot more throughout the events in the stream from most players and shows a hostile attitude but thats irrelevant and im too lazy to look through relevant parts).

Back to the report, considering Bram prevented me from winning in the last race-type event that had occurred in skillmap v1, due to using the same shortcuts, I don't see how its fair that this guy can get a point.

Proof/Evidence:
    full stream vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500492395
    relevant clip to this report: https://clips.twitch.tv/SleepyLazyCasetteKlappa

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Hi Bunny,

Please explain to us what you did at 21;40-21;55 on your twitch recording?

Thanks,
    Divine
    Last edited by Divine; 10-28-2019 at 12:24 AM.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Hi Bunny,

Please explain to us what you did at 21;40-21;55 on your twitch recording?

Thanks,
    Divine
    I assume you mean the moment i was dashing in a diagonal line, comparing that to the shortcuts used in the clip.
    Firstly, whether dashes that have been used since 2014 in race events in supermario 3 are technically shortcuts or arent isn't important, because there was unfairness in judgement that has changed between hosts (bram and castiel) and a comment about said shortcuts were ignored by the latter.
    Secondly, I was dashing towards the end of the map in deathrace in a supermario3 map (a map that is square shaped and therefore has a lot of small 'cuts' you can perform regardless of the cornering of the maps because there is no definable difference between dashing slightly above the void to cut the corner and doing a big dash including a wallrun like i have, they are practically the same things but mine has more dashes over the void. afterall, you cant force players to touch every platform of the map, as not the entire map was meant for reaching in a true race for a first place event and as such you also cannot enforce players to touch said map's corners as a result of the inaccuracy presented by the lack of invisible walls that prevent you from taking said diagonal 'cuts' in the map.
    Unlike in the spot specified, there are other spots in the map that if you tried cutting too hard, you would hit an invisible wall, which means the intention was to prevent players from overcutting that area and forces them to stick closer to the ground area of the map.
    Due to having no invisible walls and no defined difference between a small dash over the void and a large one including a wallrun, that would not be considered a shortcut (which is why its been allowed for years).

Either way, the main point is the unfairness between 2 different hosts and lack of clarity in explanation of the rules and ignorance after the 'winner' was announced.
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-28-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Castiel's Avatar Ex-Event Team - Lurking

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I assume you mean the moment i was dashing in a diagonal line, comparing that to the shortcuts used in the clip.
    Firstly, whether dashes that have been used since 2014 in race events in supermario 3 are technically shortcuts or arent isn't important, because there was unfairness in judgement that has changed between hosts (bram and castiel) and a comment about said shortcuts were ignored by the latter.
    Secondly, I was dashing towards the end of the map in deathrace in a supermario3 map (a map that is square shaped and therefore has a lot of small 'cuts' you can perform regardless of the cornering of the maps because there is no definable difference between dashing slightly above the void to cut the corner and doing a big dash including a wallrun like i have, they are practically the same things but mine has more dashes over the void. afterall, you cant force players to touch every platform of the map, as not the entire map was meant for reaching in a true race for a first place event and as such you also cannot enforce players to touch said map's corners as a result of the inaccuracy presented by the lack of invisible walls that prevent you from taking said diagonal 'cuts' in the map.
    Unlike in the spot specified, there are other spots in the map that if you tried cutting too hard, you would hit an invisible wall, which means the intention was to prevent players from overcutting that area and forces them to stick closer to the ground area of the map.
    Due to having no invisible walls and no defined difference between a small dash over the void and a large one including a wallrun, that would not be considered a shortcut (which is why its been allowed for years).

Either way, the main point is the unfairness between 2 different hosts and lack of clarity in explanation of the rules and ignorance after the 'winner' was announced.
    Hello Bunny.

Let's see... First of all I will ignore your last reply since you're complaining about how Bram and I are different for hosting and I honestly don't care about it. In the only map where you complained and no other players did, skillmap v1 and which you yourself was streaming, we can all note that you complained when Paquesepas won, and according to you he used a shorcut, funny thing here is that you and him performed the same moves except for that he continued the map and you stayed to write and put the message of him using a shorcut which I ignored because I payed attention. Now let me clear you something(And you can't deny it because you moved exactly like him so it's expectable) you both were moving to finish performing the exact same moves and probably you was going to do same as him(Wall cancel jump and go below the invisible wall and then continue the map) if I had to enforce rules and kill him I would also have to kill you aswell in that situation and that would only lead to a worst report and serious complains about it, and since you were both competing and making the same moves, I simply let it go because EVERYONE would shorcut in that map, you complained about my explanation aswell, I clearly made and exception in that map even though I didn't say it in the gameroom explanation because it was pointless to say it. Aswell as I'll pull out a fact, if it was you who won and not Paquesepas, you would probably don't care for using the shorcuts the same way he did and tbh those shorcuts you both did are so minor that aren't even worthy of being considered shorcuts. If you don't like the truth and you consider I am wrong you can watch your moves and his in this replay aswell as all GMs.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7sus...20-00.gzr/file

That's all, next time make sure you don't even use a SMALL CUT because right now you complain of someone that was faster than you even though you and him used the same moves and tricks. Next time make sure you even jump down to the lower platform and go up before through the wall blocks aswell as don't skip the start tunnel. You basically complain of that someone won moving the same way you did but being faster.

Later yo. I won't try to reason with you beyond this reply because you will focus now on my attitude and my seriousness aswell on comparing me with Bram and the whole point of the report will be lost.

@Divine
    @Legit
    @Michi
    @Emperor
    @Ommadawn
    @Prone
    @Bulba

Up to you boys.
    Last edited by Castiel; 10-28-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Its absolutely apparent that you missed the point of the comparison between you and bram, i dont care that you host differently, i never said you should host the same.
    Whats not fair, however, is how you ADMIT to not explain shortcuts in asked map after several requests for further explanation in the game room which would honestly deserve a reply even if they were "pointless" as you claimed, not only is that the point of asking if players have questions but also, the truth is it wasnt obvious or pointless, as many people were confused on usage of shortcuts due to poor elaboration and bad experience from the previous race event by bram.

I do not see how your attitude or the moves ive performed contribute to this report, i repeated the same moves i did in brams event and so did the winner, and yet, in 1 event i get slapped and in the other a player wins due to my hesitation in usage of shortcuts.

If youre gonna admit you explained poorly, dont justify it by saying "everyone broke the rule including you bunny so its fine" or by saying "its obvious therefore pointless" when it clearly isnt.
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-28-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Castiel's Avatar Ex-Event Team - Lurking

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Its absolutely apparent that you missed the point of the comparison between you and bram, i dont care that you host differently, i never said you should host the same.
    Whats not fair, however, is how you ADMIT to not explain shortcuts in asked map after several requests for further explanation in the game room which would honestly deserve a reply even if they were "pointless" as you claimed, not only is that the point of asking if players have questions but also, the truth is it wasnt obvious or pointless, as many people were confused on usage of shortcuts due to poor elaboration and bad experience from the previous race event by bram.

I do not see how your attitude or the moves ive performed contribute to this report, i repeated the same moves i did in brams event and so did the winner, and yet, in 1 event i get slapped and in the other a player wins due to my hesitation in usage of shortcuts.

If youre gonna admit you explained poorly, dont justify it by saying "everyone broke the rule including you bunny so its fine" or by saying "its obvious therefore pointless" when it clearly isnt.
    Ok, I admit you're right, I actually missed the point for focusing on minor details and explain something pretty pointless. Since I explained poorly and didn't explain which shorcuts are allowed and which ones not you'll receive a point as compensation since the other guy wasn't informed of this. Things will be completely different from now on.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Hi Bunny,

I hope you're happy with the outcome of your report. If you have further questions regarding this, feel free to PM one of the staff members.

Thread Closed.

Thanks,
    Divine
    Last edited by Divine; 10-28-2019 at 02:00 AM.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Thread Information