Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    This thread is designed to help players and staff members to better understand concepts related to how winners are determined in the event 'Circle of Mines' or others following the same theme (for example, musical chairs).

Over the last few months and recently in general, there has not been a clear understanding of how to determine winners and it was rather apparent lately, so I decided to make this thread with the above purpose.

Sidenote (mainly to prevent hate and drama): The thread is designed to help players understand what they must do to win, and what hosts should do to be as fair as possible and make the event as enjoyable as possible. It's merely a guideline, every host can just say fũck it to all of these statements and do whatever he wants or have no winners if he wishes, but IMO that beats the purpose of events and beats the fun out of them.

Let's start with some basic statements that apply to any number of players larger than 3;
    Spoiler!

From these statements, you can conclude the following to help determine winners;
    Spoiler!

To ensure all of these statements and conclusions can be easily followed, that the event will take a reasonable amount of time, and that it will be fair for all players, the host should make sure he does the following when he hosts:
    Spoiler!

/discuss
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-31-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    In the past hosts; hosted things correctly. current bunch, they make there own rules.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    I don't mind any debates/discussions going on but I'd like to clear one thing with you all.

Since there are a small number of people who complain every event regardless of who hosts, and make reports for every small minor mistakes, some ET's will be banning them from their events going forward.

Cheers,
    Divine

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    I don't mind any debates/discussions going on but I'd like to clear one thing with you all.

Since there are a small number of people who complain every event regardless of who hosts, and make reports for every small minor mistakes, some ET's will be banning them from their events going forward.

Cheers,
    Divine
    Why are the ETs going to ban 'them' from their events?
    The ETs can report them rather banning them.

In the past, most of the ETs did not get pissed-off so easily (they did not have such commands to even control the room yet they managed to host way more better than the current ones). Why are current ETs getting into situation that they are going to kick-out ppl? Pls hire grown-up ETs rather 14 y/o's. tyvm.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks

Cheers,
    Divine
    ye they going forward with the same mistakes not learning from their mistakes, small minor mistakes are fine but some unfair decision makes players triggered.
    some hosts using sword in Rocketman event that's a big troll don't call it is not a mistake it's his own choice

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

6. The following user said thank you to Faky for this useful post:

Bunny (10-31-2019)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks

Cheers,
    Divine
    I cant speak for what other people are doing, but I will repeatedly continue complaining to some hosts and making threads like this when any type of criticism is answered by a kick from events because hosts are never open for change when provided with information and facts that dont support their point of view.
    I agree with faky on this.
    Last edited by Bunny; 10-31-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    Why are the ETs going to ban 'them' from their events?
    The ETs can report them rather banning them.

In the past, most of the ETs did not get pissed-off so easily (they did not have such commands to even control the room yet they managed to host way more better than the current ones). Why are current ETs getting into situation that they are going to kick-out ppl? Pls hire grown-up ETs rather 14 y/o's. tyvm.
    Hi,

You see, ET's are here to make events to ensure our community are having fun, they are not here to deal with individuals who keep making reports about them for the smallest mistakes, it turns out the people who keep complaining and reporting them are the same users every time.

I've seen this in-game myself.

Example: A & B are last two alive in RFN, (run from nade) A is just a regular user who just joined and hardly plays events, B is the user who complains 24/7. A will win and B will make a complaint/report or a public comment "RIGGED or YOU TARGETED ME" these are all childish. But if B wins A wouldn't care, it's just a event.

So banning the same users who ruin it for majority will be the best/easiest. (from events)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Divine for this useful post:

Castiel (10-31-2019), Lin (10-31-2019)

Banned

Thanks
    Hi,

You see, ET's are here to make events to ensure our community are having fun, they are not here to deal with individuals who keep making reports about them for the smallest mistakes, it turns out the people who keep complaining and reporting them are the same users every time.

Example: A & B are last two alive in RFN, (run from nade) A is just a regular user who just joined and hardly plays events, B is the user who complains 24/7. A will win and B will make a complaint/report or a public comment "RIGGED or YOU TARGETED ME" these are all childish. But if B wins A wouldn't care, it's just a event.

So banning the same users who ruin it for majority will be the best/easiest. (from events)
    Hi, you have gave me the 'worst' example of one to report the staff; 'RIGGED'. Please show me a real example of this being done, having said that both A and B are g00nz k1ds. B wouldn't report such thing unless A is also known member or perhaps clan member of the host.

Zoro's Avatar DLL

Country
    Thanks
    Hi,

Come on man, dont post that bullshit. Everyone clearly knows most ETs dont give a rats ass about hosting. For them, its about some digital power and circle orgy jerking with their friend group.

Well what do i know? I was only banned from 4 different host event for calling them 'idiots'. Clearly calling them a idiot was ruining events for everyone. But i could care less

Apprently the /ignore function isnt available for staff members
    Last edited by Zoro; 11-01-2019 at 12:54 AM.

12. The following user said thank you to Zoro for this useful post:

Amers (11-01-2019)

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Come on man, dont post that bullshit. Everyone clearly knows most ETs dont give a rats ass about hosting. For them, its about some digital power and circle orgy jerking their friend group.

Well what do i know? I was only banned from 4 different host event for calling them 'idiots'. Clearly calling them a idiot was ruining events for everyone. But i could care less

Apprently the /ignore function isnt available for staff members
    It’s actually against our protocol to be ignoring players and it is a reportable offense, for the same reason that we can’t reject our whisper (else it would’ve been done by me a long time ago.)

Now myself and the other staff members are not aware of the reasoning behind your banish from said hosts events, but they seem well justified with your ignorant reply.
    If you feel that you were mistreated by someone hosting events, you should be reporting them to the hacker & player reports section. We do not bias our replies in any way, and most if not all issues against a staff member are pretty much all resolved. You just haven’t done anything about your “unjustified bans” as of yet.

Now.

Im gonna say something. And I do not want any of the other staff members to take this as a personal attack towards them, as I appreciate everything that the EMs are doing, there are more events nowadays than there ever was back in my day as an Event Moderator witb 300+ online, which is impressive considering events aren’t nearly as fun with less players. But understand this: with more players, the past staff members (myself included) were constantly flooded in chat and constantly worrying about keeping the event running else there will be chaos in the room. Nowadays events get around 10 people, allowing the hosts to pay attention to what the players are saying and how they are reacting. To be completely honest I probably ignored all the complaints that I would get during events because I knew that I was not breaking any rules of the event, and if someone REALLY felt otherwise, they can report me, which has happened once by the @OP, topkek.

if you people are bitching at a host
    and constantly wondering why you were killed
    and whining as to how an event moderator is hosting an event
    maybe you should calm the **** down and realize that this is a game, and that behind the screen of a staffmember
    is a functioning human being with feelings, just like yourself

how do you think it feels when people are calling you an idiot or retard when you’re trying to dedicate YOUR time to make THEIR gaming experience just a bit better

bunny personally I feel like this thread is you subtly being butthurt because to be completely honest here, I have seen you go back and forth with hosts that were at one point your friend, which is a bit sad considering you used to be on the staff team yourself and you understand how frustrating the event process can be at times

maybe if you have a problem you should try fixing it by becoming an event moderator yourself to fix them first hand

your events weren’t so cookie cutter either tbh, noones are

now it would’ve been helpful for you to explain or provide evidence of the incorrect actions staff members have been executing in their events, it would’ve really helped your case more but to be completely honest I kind of see where you are coming from

For the record, I am only putting my opinion to show the players that we as a staff team are not 1 euphoria that agree on everything, and if any of the things that I list below want to be disregarded by current hosts, so be it lol.
    1) Rocketman is not supposed to have a sword
    2) Rocketman is also not supposed to include the host spamming the rockets everywhere, it completely ruins the event
    3)CoM is supposed to be hosted the exact way bunny explained it, I don’t really understand what the problem was in a recent event (if you can shed some light that would be helpful)
    4) please stop ****ing using all the different weird rockets in dodgeball like the grenade launcher
    they are not fun and enjoyable at all and only make an already competitive event even harder
    i understand that it’s a rocket and the players are to just dodge them, but the poison balls and the fireballs are so ridiculous
    maybe for an extra point or for a certain round and kept at a minimum are these rockets fun to use during dodgeball, but every round is so annoying.
    5) when hosters are hosting, please do not comment to the players backlash if they call you an idiot or other slander. it will only put you in a more difficult position.
    tell them that they will be kicked if they continue to be annoying and that’s that, and collect evidence and report them to the GM team so they can be dealt with accordingly.
    6) impossible t/f should not be a thing anymore and I hope the one time I was apart of it was the only time that was hosted because it was very frustrating to the players
    7) be more understanding to the players. I understand that we are the ones contributing our time for the players, but at the end of the day, it’s the players that matter the most - as annoying as they can be...... they are what keep this game alive and ensuring their needs are met as long as it is of reasonable boundaries, because we volunteered OURSELVES to be a staff-member. As frustrating as it can be, we DID sign up for all the bullshit that we deal with from the players... it’s what makes us the
    best server. Having staff that actually care and are honest and kind towards the players, and are fairly active.

I do NOT believe ANYONE should be banned from ALL events, but more of a zero tolerance rule, like, you tell the player that one smart remark and they will be getting the boot. Let’s not make events smaller than they already are please.

although I am getting a feeling that this thread was made out of anger, I’m glad it is here cause I’ve wanted to say this for a while I just haven’t, but now I have :I

add-on; getting feedback from players that isn’t straight insults could definitely help them host better in the future. But the way a majority of the event players like to play is to whine as to why they were killed or kicked without providing any constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Michi; 11-01-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information