Complaint's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    HnS was hosted today and it came to me that there are a lot of maps missing, like tomb and many more but i can't recall their names.
    could you add them back?? why were they removed anyway?

2. The following user said thank you to Complaint for this useful post:

Bipolarity (11-02-2019)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Complaint View Post
    HnS was hosted today and it came to me that there are a lot of maps missing, like tomb and many more but i can't recall their names.
    could you add them back?? why were they removed anyway?
    Pretty sure they got removed a while back because no one played those maps.
    So I 100% agree with removing unused content.

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Pretty sure they got removed a while back because no one played those maps.
    So I 100% agree with removing unused content.
    Not like it made a difference regarding the size of the client though, most of them were under 1MB. According to the list of least used maps back in the days, the last several were removed, however they were still played and some of our players found it enjoyable.

Country
    Thanks
    can someone direct me to the list of maps that were taken out of the game btw?
    and those 5-10 maps did no harm
    if it ain't broke don't fix it...

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    can someone direct me to the list of maps that were taken out of the game btw?
    and those 5-10 maps did no harm
    if it ain't broke don't fix it...
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...t=removed+maps

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    1 MB goes a long way for toaster strudel PCs, we need the space anyways for big upcoming updates. These maps wouldn’t have been removed had they been used while they were in the game. This is the first thread I’ve seen of a complaint about the removal, come to think of it. ONLY way I see any of the previously removed maps being restored is if there is a majority vote made by a decent amount of the players to reimplement them into the game.

Zelda's Avatar Want smek?

Country
    Thanks
    Why not just make a poll and let players vote for some of those maps to be added back .
    Take time to do what makes your soul happy.

Signature Credits - GeorgeGFX

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Michi View Post
    1 MB goes a long way for toaster strudel PCs, we need the space anyways for big upcoming updates. These maps wouldn’t have been removed had they been used while they were in the game. This is the first thread I’ve seen of a complaint about the removal, come to think of it. ONLY way I see any of the previously removed maps being restored is if there is a majority vote made by a decent amount of the players to reimplement them into the game.
    they were unused because the game died and you had 40 players here, now you have more, and most of them have played here before when these maps were still in game and would like to see them again
    and what is it with you staff rejecting everything anyone has to offer? we are the ones playing this game, we know best what will make us stay in this game.
    and it's not complaining, it's trying to make this game more enjoyable for us and for everyone else that would come and try this game.

Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Why not just make a poll and let players vote for some of those maps to be added back .
    as i said, i can't recall the names except tomb, and in the thread StephanM linked here there is no mention of the names...
    Last edited by Complaint; 11-03-2019 at 10:38 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Feel free to make a poll, be sure to explain WHY a certain map should come back.
    Still I think it would only get a little play spike rate when added but it would probably drop down to the same play rate as it was before (seen it before).

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    they were unused because the game died and you had 40 players here, now you have more, and most of them have played here before when these maps were still in game and would like to see them again
    Wrong.
    We have statistics because we've been logging how often which map has been played and on what day since around 2013? Anyhow. The maps weren't removed because nobody played them when we had 40 players but, as you can see from the thread, with the release of V8 because nobody played them when we had hundreds of players online. And no the maps were not just 1 MB each, we're talking of 3-5 MB per map for maps noone played with - I repeat - 200+ players online.
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Feel free to make a poll, be sure to explain WHY a certain map should come back.
    Still I think it would only get a little play spike rate when added but it would probably drop down to the same play rate as it was before (seen it before).
    Exactly. We've seen it before.

You want to play maps right now of which you don't even know the names simply for a little bit of nostalgia and force an additional 30+ MB of maps on all PCs just so you can play them once or twice and then forget about them again.

Not gonna happen.

12. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

StephanM (11-03-2019)

Thread Information