Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I'm not an ET myself but I do believe I have enough experience with events so, this is my personal point of view.

I do believe that the relationship between staff and players should remain professional, however I also think it's important to know how to make a good environment. Events are supposed to be fun, to the normal users and to the hosters as well, if it isn't fun, then what's the point of it?
    A note to the normal users: You have no idea how much impact you have just by calling one of the hosters an idiot. Even if the hoster did a mistake, which can happen sometimes because we are all humans and we learn how to improve ourselves everyday, it can honestly ruin the whole event simply because you made the hoster upset. Such comments can force the hoster to be more strict on the players' behaviour instead of actually hosting the event. I agree that we shouldn't react to every small comment but eventually, we are hosting for YOU, not for ourselves.

Another thing, it is rare to see more than 20 players in events. However, I don't think it has something to do with anyone, it's really because of the player-count. As you can see, McSic is doing his best to satisfy everyone and there were many updates lately, everyone should be grateful for that, I know I am.

I want to agree with the 'strike system' but just like Bunny said, it will make a negative environment. Some of the ETs might abuse it and some of the players won't even talk because they are too afraid. However, I do feel sometimes that there are specific users (I won't mention their names) who join the events just to annoy the staff members. Of course that's not their main goal because everyone tries to win EPs, but that's one of their goals. The only reason I'd agree with the 'strike system' is to stop those specific players. But, just like I said in the ET chat, we can't afford losing players, also I don't wanna lose players (I believe none wants that).

Another note about the new rockets, I do like them because it brings more creativity to the game. Some of the oldgens might agree with me, Dodgeball in cybersports was fkin lit, but come on, let's be realistic, it's just boring if you keep everything the same, even though you might win all the time. As much as it's annoying and hard, I say keep them.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Complaint (11-08-2019), Divine (11-08-2019)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    Another note about the new rockets, I do like them because it brings more creativity to the game. Some of the oldgens might agree with me, Dodgeball in cybersports was fkin lit, but come on, let's be realistic, it's just boring if you keep everything the same, even though you might win all the time. As much as it's annoying and hard, I say keep them.
    I don't personally mind them either. They are a great addition based on the classic quest mobs and their way of throwing projectiles at players, and I was more talking about hosting with normal rockets/pred in dodgeball map and not so much the old dodgeball in cybersports.
    The only thing here, is knowing how to use them. Currently theyre being used mostly normally until the host decides its taking too long and just does an impossible phase (which is virtually impossible with the normal rockets due to various reasons). Those new weapons have a big ass hitbox and should be treated as such or have their hitbox reduced/more apparent to the average player that doesnt 100% understand them. Not only that, but sometimes the round starts with an impossible phase just to wipe out 80% of the players.

Thread Information