Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Let's be real, GunZ has been decreasing in playercount over the past years. It is a given, with all the current better games it would have eventually died anyway.. when v8 came out, alot of good things were implemented, but the key things that made FG, FG were removed. ([R] [IA]) for example really made FG, FG.

I do believe with a few simple rollbacks the server could grow more, but probably never too it's peak again.
    Simple rollback?

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I've said this on old servers, and I feel like I've said it on here too. I agree with George. We need to focus the attention on another game while our forum still has a good amount of activity on it. I know you're all gonna look at me like I'm some grinch who doesn't want to stay positive about this and you're all hoping for 200-500 player count days to return, but you gotta look at the facts. The two main servers left merging together would be a no-go, and our staff are better than to go on some sort of DDOS war trying to force players to come here. Advertising an old game like this with hardly any graphic work to it isn't gonna appeal to the new, younger generation that's never heard of GunZ before. Honestly even trying to get some of my own friends to play that are in their 20s is difficult because the game isn't very visually appealing. It only sticks with a very small amount of people. Advertising could work in the long-run, but advertising tends to be a very slow growth, and that's if it were to even work. Realistically by that point the game would be fully dead IMO.

I'd suggest some game names as replacements, but idk how things work as far as legalities or what our development team will be able to do based on their experience/tools they have to work with.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I've said this on old servers, and I feel like I've said it on here too. I agree with George. We need to focus the attention on another game while our forum still has a good amount of activity on it. I know you're all gonna look at me like I'm some grinch who doesn't want to stay positive about this and you're all hoping for 200-500 player count days to return, but you gotta look at the facts. The two main servers left merging together would be a no-go, and our staff are better than to go on some sort of DDOS war trying to force players to come here. Advertising an old game like this with hardly any graphic work to it isn't gonna appeal to the new, younger generation that's never heard of GunZ before. Honestly even trying to get some of my own friends to play that are in their 20s is difficult because the game isn't very visually appealing. It only sticks with a very small amount of people. Advertising could work in the long-run, but advertising tends to be a very slow growth, and that's if it were to even work. Realistically by that point the game would be fully dead IMO.

I'd suggest some game names as replacements, but idk how things work as far as legalities or what our development team will be able to do based on their experience/tools they have to work with.
    Honestly I would not mind that all the ingame values to back to it's origin (the maiet version).
    This would mean lower damage values and such, bigger differences in terms of stats.
    The use of BP, where you actually grind to get gear with still having all the original 'premium' gear to be F2P via the bounty system.
    Making the donation items the new ' premium' gear with slightly better stats (only a little like the ijji gear had).

That might trigger people to come back to the game they know.

4. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Oriqin (11-18-2019)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Honestly I would not mind that all the ingame values to back to it's origin (the maiet version).
    This would mean lower damage values and such, bigger differences in terms of stats.
    The use of BP, where you actually grind to get gear with still having all the original 'premium' gear to be F2P via the bounty system.
    Making the donation items the new ' premium' gear with slightly better stats (only a little like the ijji gear had).

Good thing ur smart, this 1 is much morebetter in future update make it more classic instead, and all the quest item combinations at shop so questers can do somthing else than doin golem all day like a dog and getting legendarys every 5 games....... saw like new players everytime i get back, they like to play quest lmao they're palying lich at when they're new they shouldn't aldo some of them play other modes before questing golib kings coz it requires a higher level or somthing...
    not well known because im ur dad.

my FAVURETE SUNG IS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6R-b2arJ0 - HAPPY PUU ./.

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post

That one pserver that is an ijji copy isnt doing too well.... but I AGREE with you!...... But it should be 50/50, if a new player joins they get gear and weapons that are decent enough, but the really good weapons should be earned, if there is nothing to earn players have no reason to play, but if there is no good gear for low levels ppl just say **** this and rq! Leveling up should also be made harder IMO, with turbomode its overpowered! LETS POLL THIS STUFF GUYS.... I believe at this point an admin or a fm should make a thread and poll stuff, so we can improve! TRIAL AND ERROR!

I love all the responses in the thread! Let's all give our opinion and improve the server and get more players!
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    That one pserver that is an ijji copy isnt doing too well.... but I AGREE with you!...... But it should be 50/50, if a new player joins they get gear and weapons that are decent enough, but the really good weapons should be earned, if there is nothing to earn players have no reason to play, but if there is no good gear for low levels ppl just say **** this and rq! Leveling up should also be made harder IMO, with turbomode its overpowered! LETS POLL THIS STUFF GUYS.... I believe at this point an admin or a fm should make a thread and poll stuff, so we can improve! TRIAL AND ERROR!

I love all the responses in the thread! Let's all give our opinion and improve the server and get more players!
    It does not have to be an exact copy, we still got our modes and extra cool items n stuff.
    I was just talking about the basics of the game.

8. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Amers (11-18-2019)

Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think making it more IJJI like will bring more players, probably do more harm than good
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

10. The following user said thank you to Buddhism for this useful post:

Zeino (11-29-2019)

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    1st, things like graphics, old gameplay and years of life on a game doesn't mean that it's worst or a reason for let it die, so many old games still have a big active community, and recently there was an old game that explain what I mean (World of Warcraft Classic). So these things aren't a reason for say "let's give up on revive Gunz".
    2nd, for me the real reason that explains why Gunz doesn't have new players is cuz the toxic community. Let's see an example:

A new player join to fgunz and join on a duel room. When he's going to PvP the old player, that player will flip the new and will humiliate him, then after the old player kill him, he'll say something like "haha ez noob" (for don't put a worst thing that some players say to a newbie). What do you think the new player will do? Come back? Ofc no. If y'all want to make the players count increase I think this should be change. (And I'm not saying the stupid ultra ego of players, the "racism" (for calling it somehow) of sg players to other players and vice versa, and the toxicity)

Apart of these things, Gunz is dying cuz it's being obsolete compared to other games which gives more things. For a example, tell me one thing that it's absolutely new in Gunz, in Quest there weren't new bosses/NPCs with new skills or new maps on it. In PvP there isn't something really new that change it's gameplay for give a new style and don't get tired of the same thing. Idk if I'm explaining what I mean, but gunz is dying cuz the community and the obsolete content.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

12. The following 2 users say thank you to LostX for this useful post:

ParisRS (11-30-2019), Zeino (11-30-2019)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    1st, things like graphics, old gameplay and years of life on a game doesn't mean that it's worst or a reason for let it die, so many old games still have a big active community, and recently there was an old game that explain what I mean (World of Warcraft Classic). So these things aren't a reason for say "let's give up on revive Gunz".
    2nd, for me the real reason that explains why Gunz doesn't have new players is cuz the toxic community. Let's see an example:

A new player join to fgunz and join on a duel room. When he's going to PvP the old player, that player will flip the new and will humiliate him, then after the old player kill him, he'll say something like "haha ez noob" (for don't put a worst thing that some players say to a newbie). What do you think the new player will do? Come back? Ofc no. If y'all want to make the players count increase I think this should be change. (And I'm not saying the stupid ultra ego of players, the "racism" (for calling it somehow) of sg players to other players and vice versa, and the toxicity)

Apart of these things, Gunz is dying cuz it's being obsolete compared to other games which gives more things. For a example, tell me one thing that it's absolutely new in Gunz, in Quest there weren't new bosses/NPCs with new skills or new maps on it. In PvP there isn't something really new that change it's gameplay for give a new style and don't get tired of the same thing. Idk if I'm explaining what I mean, but gunz is dying cuz the community and the obsolete content.
    Old graphics are fine in all honesty.

Toxicity is in every game, take League of Legends for example.
    The sad thing is we should not ban ever toxic player in here, if you do that you have litterly no one left playing.
    Though I personally wish it stayed more on an ego level as a toxicity level, since I kind of enjoy the ego and 200IQ brain players on GunZ, it makes the game more competitive like (1vs1 with 11-0's smackerino's).

As for new quests, it takes a lot of time to develop a new quest (with new characers, animations, the levels and what you said new skills).

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    lol the video you posted that you thought would be on the frontpage was taken down - theyre stalking our forums like actual losers

Spoiler!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information