Originally Posted by Bram View Post
I don't think it's necessary to limit the amount of points you can win in events other than the ones which always have clear winners, like Race/LOLRACE/DFD and sometimes Medstyle. These events are usually won by the same people, therefore I think the +3 max rule is justified. However, the rule should not be applied to the other events, since the winners are usually diverse. A limit of +1 should in my opinion never be applied unless there is a good reason for it.

Events should be fun for everyone. If only a select group of people win the events, it's not that fun for those who don't win as often. However, limiting the amount of points won would, like Bunny said, give those who already won no reason to further participate in the events.

All in all:

• The +3 rule should only be applied in events like Race/LOLRACE/DFD/Medstyle
  • +1 limit should never be a thing unless there is a good reason in my opinion.
  • I don't limit my events to have a +3 cap unless its one of the events mentioned above.

It's possible for other ET's to host with different standards, so asking them would still be a recommended.
I really appreciate the response, but after a discussion with another event moderator that claimed everyone thinks like you do, I would greatly appreciate responses from other event moderators stating how they would do their own events. Afterall, they decide how theyre going to host and whats best for the players which is fine (unless completely illogical), so opinions from them would give players a better understanding of how they mean to do their events.