Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Several reports (including mine in the past, and recently zabu's), were subject to be declined regardless of their legitimacy because the reporting individual did not record the round/event that the subject is about.

Since staff members are essentially required to auto-record everything (an unwritten rule, i believe), a question arises; why are players required to provide evidence and cannot count on the accused staff member to provide them?

This is basically a system of proven until found innocent because the accused always has access to proof, and there are several arguments to this topic, but I want to address the main ones;
    • One could use the excuse that it's not logical that accused staff members have to work so hard on every little report that is made to find the relevant recording, so why not decline irrelevant reports or be forced to provide recordings for serious accusations, basing only on the accusations made by the player? For example;
      • If a player reports for an irrelevant reason and asks the accused staff member to provide a recording, the recording wouldn't be relevant because even if it showed what the player stated, it would not matter because the reason is irrelevant.
      • If the report reason was relevant and it was a serious accusation that would prove to require an apology/punishment/refund, have the staff member post the recording(s).
    • The literal only reason I can come up with (that is relevant to this discussion) for staff to be auto recording events is for this exact scenario. If proof exists that can determine an outcome of a serious accusation as stated above, why hide the proof?
    • Is the staff team, by demanding that players provide their own recordings, forcing said players to be in the mindset that they join every event with an already existing intent to find something wrong with the event, and enjoy the satisfaction in reporting?

I believe that considering the last point, staff members would get reported less in a situation where they must provide their own replays (considering the less effort required by a player to report), instead of having players report them, because if you essentially enforce players to record themselves, they would already have the replays and have an easy trigger with posting them and posting reports even if irrelevant. If players knew that only serious accusations would be properly handled, they wouldn't report as much.

I would also like to address a second point; why are so many staff reports with legitimate accusations that were proven true repeatedly answered with "We as the staff team are sorry, etc"?

2. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Zabu (11-26-2019)

Thread Information