Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    This is not a new topic, race-type events and events where there are more or less the same winners every time are problematic and therefore some hosts limit the maximum wins in such an event to usually +3.
    While this is highly unfair to the players this affects negatively due to the amount of time they had to spend (in the event itself) to get good enough, it's also unfair that those that didnt try as hard as them get to win with much less effort, because this rule used to not exist.

However, this is not the main point I would like to bring up, because it's known. The point of this debate thread is to discuss players's inability to practice for themselves outside of events, in an environment similar to the one done in an event.

I'm not sure that the hosts will ever pick up on this, but nearly every single round of lolrace nowadays ends with 1-2 people alive, one of them being the winner. I see this as a fundamental problem, because even if a limitation on the number of wins exists, it doesn't mean someone else will win, because heck, they cant even finish the map for themselves. Limiting a player that finishes's wins does nothing in this aspect.

I would like to recommend the addition of maps only allowed in the event channel aswell as ALL of the tags that were removed (for no reason) from the normal lobbies that were once available for players, so that players who wish to win race-type events can practice for themselves instead of crying to the host who initially didnt even want to limit the points, but has to because otherwise the majority would "hate" him.

As seen in the beginning of my stream, here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/526959928 (starting at the 2 minute mark)

This would allow the hosts to never limit the points, with the explanation that if a player wants to win, he should practice outside of events, as he now has the ability to.

(not to mention, adding those tags back would add once more an element to fgunz that truly makes it freestyle, and give way more options for players in every room type).
    Last edited by Bunny; 12-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

LostX (12-27-2019)

Thread Information