Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legit's Avatar BloodLegion

Country
    Thanks
    add built in voice chat and gg

Check out my music https://linktr.ee/Legitbass
    New Single 'K A N J I' Released Sept 16th, 2022!
    New Single 'EZENCE' Released June 17th, 2022!
    New Single 'Feral But Experienced' Released June 10th, 2022! Soundcloud Exclusive!!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    What about extending the chat, making it 2 or 3x longer and display the chatbox text a bit longer, pretty sure the stuff that get's written in the chatbox disappears after 20 seconds or something.
    Feels like 5-6 sec tbh

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    I believe this would require large amount of code to get working (e.g. it requires mouse input while in game, scrollbars, different tabs etc). It's probably not that hard to add but I can't really tell

I'd like to propose a way of doing this that would be a lot easier, but also be good enough for what your asking:
    Keep a history of messages hidden in the client (e.g. up to 500 messages), and then allow the player to scroll the history up/down with hotkeys (should be defaulted to PGUP and PGDN). If new messages are received while you're viewing older ones, perhaps an alert should appear advising you to scroll down for new msgs, or if you haven't scrolled up/down for a while, it will eventually scroll down itself, if the user is already fully scrolled down when a new message is received, the client should scroll down automatically too. The coding behind this is extremely simple & doesn't require changes to the visuals of the chat (which I guess is good?).

I'm not sure how you could go about resetting the history, I guess you'd have to reset it if player joins a new room/leaves a room etc. Though it'd be cool if you could leave a room, join a new room, and still look at the old messages
    It's good but, the problem with this (again) is modes like turbo and moments when you're in a room and many players start to talk, you can easily lose the msg you missed because kills/msgs don't stop sending. This is why I've suggested differents tabs for ppl can't miss these msgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    What about extending the chat, making it 2 or 3x longer and display the chatbox text a bit longer, pretty sure the stuff that get's written in the chatbox disappears after 20 seconds or something.
    I don't think it'll be so helpful, as I said when you are in turbo or when many ppl send many msgs you'll lose the msg. Yeah, maybe can help sometimes, but not all the time.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information