Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

It'll be good if the chat is changed. It's annoy that sometimes you miss a whisper or a msg u couldn't read, so there should be an option to switch between a general chat (chat that will have all msg (whispers, normal, clan, team, etc.), one for only whispers, and one for only clan (i don't see team chat so necessary to be on a separate option). Also, it would be great an option to switch between these chats for send a msg. (Apart of something that save msg that were sent and a black transparent background when you click "Enter")

Here's an example of what i mean:
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

2. The following user said thank you to LostX for this useful post:

tamot4505 (01-14-2020)

Castiel's Avatar Ex-Event Team - Lurking

Country
    Thanks
    Tbh the way you show and explain it makes it feel annoying to the sight when you're playing besides that it would need of a key to switch between tabs and no one would focus on that outside training rooms, in any case it can be programmed that received and sent whispers appear in the general chat list in lobby when you leave a room or in the mailbox window with a mark that shows that you received a whisper.

------------- Updated -------------

Although in options > misc you can block the chat that you wanna ignore, whisper, team, general, all 3... I dislike this idea.
    Last edited by Castiel; 01-13-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Pretty sure this is "in the works" for years now so this isnt a new concept...

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Tbh the way you show and explain it makes it feel annoying to the sight when you're playing besides that it would need of a key to switch between tabs and no one would focus on that outside training rooms, in any case it can be programmed that received and sent whispers appear in the general chat list in lobby when you leave a room or in the mailbox window with a mark that shows that you received a whisper.

------------- Updated -------------

Although in options > misc you can block the chat that you wanna ignore, whisper, team, general, all 3... I dislike this idea.
    In gamemodes like turbo you can easily miss any msg because the amount of kills and things like this. Many games have this option in chat ofc in Gunz the chat is pretty big compared with other games, but reducing the size can make this less annoy.

And the options you said BLOCK these chats (whispers, clan, team chat, etc.), And not everyone will use these options just for a moment (Without mention that at least for me hiding general chat or clan chat doesn't work). Let's put an example, with this suggestion I'm giving, while you are in turbo, and you're whispering someone, you can open the chat switch to "Whisper" and see what did the other sent. You whisper back, change to "General" and you can see all msg. All in just some seconds. While with BLOCK option, you need to esc > options > misc > block the chat you don't like, whisper or talk in the clan chat, and wish if no one is telling you something in normal chat.

With this I mean you can miss a lot of msg (maybe important, maybe not) just because you were blocking general/whisper/clan/ team chat. If they add a chat like I suggest (not exactly the same, but with the same idea), you cannot be scared or worried to miss any msg.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Can't remember if there was one as this accepted recently tho.
    Last edited by LostX; 01-13-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I seperated the chat (moved kills/deaths out of main chat) but it caused FPS issues on some systems, but this suggestion is a little different.

Country
    Thanks
    looks like combat arms or maple story

Minato's Avatar 四代目火影

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I seperated the chat (moved kills/deaths out of main chat) but it caused FPS issues on some systems, but this suggestion is a little different.
    Can we put the kills/death at the top right corner?
    Minato YramJoy ZayneXyriel

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    looks like combat arms or maple story
    Well, mainly MMO's like Maple story have these format, but I saw some shooters have it too.

Country
    Thanks
    I believe this would require large amount of code to get working (e.g. it requires mouse input while in game, scrollbars, different tabs etc). It's probably not that hard to add but I can't really tell

I'd like to propose a way of doing this that would be a lot easier, but also be good enough for what your asking:
    Keep a history of messages hidden in the client (e.g. up to 500 messages), and then allow the player to scroll the history up/down with hotkeys (should be defaulted to PGUP and PGDN). If new messages are received while you're viewing older ones, perhaps an alert should appear advising you to scroll down for new msgs, or if you haven't scrolled up/down for a while, it will eventually scroll down itself, if the user is already fully scrolled down when a new message is received, the client should scroll down automatically too. The coding behind this is extremely simple & doesn't require changes to the visuals of the chat (which I guess is good?).

I'm not sure how you could go about resetting the history, I guess you'd have to reset it if player joins a new room/leaves a room etc. Though it'd be cool if you could leave a room, join a new room, and still look at the old messages

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    What about extending the chat, making it 2 or 3x longer and display the chatbox text a bit longer, pretty sure the stuff that get's written in the chatbox disappears after 20 seconds or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information