Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Weren't all the issues related to people "abusing glitches"?

Anyhow.. also had an idea of having a global broadcast when a quester get's a legendary item.
    Then we can consider RS, DBF, TBF and such things as abusing glitches since they are it too, right? Idk, tell me how you can consider ride, lure and such things as glitch when the issue is from vanilla (aka the original gunz) and not something unique of the server (like the PVE glitch which made donor have an absurd damage in quest).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, like that idea since it can be only for ppl that play quests, for don't annoy ppl that doesn't care about these things (if you are going to add it in-game).
    Last edited by LostX; 01-29-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Then we can consider RS, DBF, TBF and such things as abusing glitches since they are it too, right? Idk, tell me how you can consider ride, lure and such things as glitch when the issue is from vanilla (aka the original gunz) and not something unique of the server (like the PVE glitch which made donor have an absurd damage in quest).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, like that idea since it can be only for ppl that play quests, for don't annoy ppl that doesn't care about these things (if you are going to add it in-game).
    RS, DBF and TBF are not really game breaking if you'd ask me.
    Riding a boss is since it stand still and does not hurt you.

As for the global broadcast, I do not think legendary's are dropped often so it should not be too much of a deal (it is like when clans hit a streak or someone loses a duel streak).

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Actually working on a quest project, just takes a lot of time and effort.
    As for the AI, it was actually MAIET that made a new AI script for the Challenge Quest, not us.

Personally I want to focus more on cleaning up quest again after I finished a few more projects and stuff from the suggestion list (slowly I am getting there).

So all I can say is, if you wait a bit more you will get a brand new quest and I am planning of working on a new set of pages that are harder but more rewarding as page 65.

4. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

BerS (01-30-2020)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I think you're kinda late with this rant. Complaining about the removal of V7 PVE items when V8 was released 3 years ago. Kinda 3 years late for that. Regarding the other bugs/glitches, I think we all know about them and have already changed some things in the upcoming patch (last update was 3 months ago). And I'm well aware regarding the other glitches you have mentioned (and lets not ignore that CQ has always been bugged ever since Maiet released it with these half finished maps, with spots/walls you can walk through and hide behind, and never bothered to fix it - to do it right we would actually have to remake those maps which would mean a lot of work too). Regarding scrider and such, this has already been discussed with other players / questers and as you know and said yourself, a new AI patch is coming and you really shouldn't attempt to judge the next patch before you see it.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I think you're kinda late with this rant. Complaining about the removal of V7 PVE items when V8 was released 3 years ago. Kinda 3 years late for that. Regarding the other bugs/glitches, I think we all know about them and have already changed some things in the upcoming patch (last update was 3 months ago). And I'm well aware regarding the other glitches you have mentioned (and lets not ignore that CQ has always been bugged ever since Maiet released it with these half finished maps, with spots/walls you can walk through and hide behind, and never bothered to fix it - to do it right we would actually have to remake those maps which would mean a lot of work too). Regarding scrider and such, this has already been discussed with other players / questers and as you know and said yourself, a new AI patch is coming and you really shouldn't attempt to judge the next patch before you see it.
    Well, since there has been 4 tries for fix this AI i think i should complain about this. And yeah, it's kinda late for complain about the v7 decision, but what i wanted mentioning it it's the fact thanks to that we don't really know if in any update you will do the same. About the CQ issues, just add a invisible ground out of the maps, it should fix it at least in 90% of the cases, and i doubt it can be a hard work.
    Last edited by LostX; 01-30-2020 at 02:06 AM.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Thanks
    Well, since there has been 4 tries for fix this AI i think i should complain about this. And yeah, it's kinda late for complain about the v7 decision, but what i wanted mentioning it it's the fact thanks to that we don't really know if in any update you will do the same. About the CQ issues, just add a invisible ground out of the maps, it should fix it at least in 90% of the cases, and i doubt it can be a hard work.
    3, actually. The follow-up would be the 4th and last most likely.

I'm not sure if you've ever done any gunz development or map development for gunz?

If it's so easy you are free to do it and enligthen us once you're done.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    3, actually. The follow up would be the 4th and last most likely.

I'm not sure if you've ever done any gunz development or map development for gunz?

If it's so easy you are free to do it and enligthen us once you're done.
    Well, I doubt it would take 2 years (the time I've been asking for it), and as for exactly Gunz I've haven't work, I've worked on games like World Of Warcraft's private server basing the few things ik by it, it shouldn't take more than 1 month (in the case that you're working in many things).

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Well, I doubt it would take 2 years (the time I've been asking for it), and as for exactly Gunz I've haven't work, I've worked on games like World Of Warcraft's private server basing the few things ik by it, it shouldn't take more than 1 month (in the case that you're working in many things).
    I hope you do know we have other things to do besides GunZ development.
    If this would be my living, you would see a lot more updates of course.
    But this is our hobby.. that why it takes a lot longer, also because our team is really small.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    you should stop bullshitting youve never worked on anything in your life and gunz development or coding isnt like any game considering the shit state the maiet code and gunz files have been left in you dont even realize how shitty coded it was and if you had any clue on any of this stuff you would realise it doesnt happen overnight why should these devs or server hosts dedicate their life 24/7 to pushin a patch or fix for something only like 10 players play when they are literally doing this as a hobby outside of their real life just so you can enjoy a game which is long gone or halfway dead. just be happy the server is still open and running outside of their own pockets really donations dont cut it that much as people think.

Thanks
    So that's a no. GunZ is not WoW and I don't know what you did there nor could I judge it. Neither could you judge how much work certain tasks on GunZ take if you have never done any GunZ development and have zero experience in regards to that. Anyhow, Stephan is right about this being an unofficial hobby with a small team.

Also, it's a lot about motivation and what you focus on. Fixing CQ for example has never been my focus ever since Maiet left it as a buggy mess as I mentioned above. The proper fix would be remaking those maps [from scratch] which actually takes effort / time and if you consider the result and how many / few people would play those 2-3 CQ stages a few times, you consider multiple times if it's really worth your effort / time. And then you end up doing something else instead, something more people can enjoy and appreciate.

I'll take this thread for what it is [a rant regarding quests] and leave it open so you can get more feedback from others or whatever you're aiming for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information