Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Well, I doubt it would take 2 years (the time I've been asking for it), and as for exactly Gunz I've haven't work, I've worked on games like World Of Warcraft's private server basing the few things ik by it, it shouldn't take more than 1 month (in the case that you're working in many things).
    I hope you do know we have other things to do besides GunZ development.
    If this would be my living, you would see a lot more updates of course.
    But this is our hobby.. that why it takes a lot longer, also because our team is really small.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Well, I doubt it would take 2 years (the time I've been asking for it), and as for exactly Gunz I've haven't work, I've worked on games like World Of Warcraft's private server basing the few things ik by it, it shouldn't take more than 1 month (in the case that you're working in many things).
    you should stop bullshitting youve never worked on anything in your life and gunz development or coding isnt like any game considering the shit state the maiet code and gunz files have been left in you dont even realize how shitty coded it was and if you had any clue on any of this stuff you would realise it doesnt happen overnight why should these devs or server hosts dedicate their life 24/7 to pushin a patch or fix for something only like 10 players play when they are literally doing this as a hobby outside of their real life just so you can enjoy a game which is long gone or halfway dead. just be happy the server is still open and running outside of their own pockets really donations dont cut it that much as people think.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I hope you do know we have other things to do besides GunZ development.
    If this would be my living, you would see a lot more updates of course.
    But this is our hobby.. that why it takes a lot longer, also because our team is really small.
    Yeah, but as I said don't know the code of Gunz, I can get an idea seeing how game works, but surely it's so far away of what I can think. I have experience with other games but not with Gunz. Anyway I'm aware too of that the development of a map can take even more than 1 year, depending on too many facts an such things, but as I said it's adding a invisible ground to the map, it's not making one since 0 or such thing like that. And well idk how much time you guys spend on developing, and that's an important fact on how much time it'll take developing a map, but knowing it's just adding one thing that doesn't even need a texture, and putting my free time as an example for know how much time it could take, I've said 1 month. But yeah, it'll could take even more if you have really few time.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    So that's a no. GunZ is not WoW and I don't know what you did there nor could I judge it. Neither could you judge how much work certain tasks on GunZ take if you have never done any GunZ development and have zero experience in regards to that. Anyhow, Stephan is right about this being an unofficial hobby with a small team.

Also, it's a lot about motivation and what you focus on. Fixing CQ for example has never been my focus ever since Maiet left it as a buggy mess as I mentioned above. The proper fix would be remaking those maps [from scratch] which actually takes effort / time and if you consider the result and how many / few people would play those 2-3 CQ stages a few times, you consider multiple times if it's really worth your effort / time. And then you end up doing something else instead, something more people can enjoy and appreciate.

I'll take this thread for what it is [a rant regarding quests] and leave it open so you can get more feedback from others or whatever you're aiming for.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Traumatiser View Post
    you should stop bullshitting youve never worked on anything in your life and gunz development or coding isnt like any game considering the shit state the maiet code and gunz files have been left in you dont even realize how shitty coded it was and if you had any clue on any of this stuff you would realise it doesnt happen overnight why should these devs or server hosts dedicate their life 24/7 to pushin a patch or fix for something only like 10 players play when they are literally doing this as a hobby outside of their real life just so you can enjoy a game which is long gone or halfway dead. just be happy the server is still open and running outside of their own pockets really donations dont cut it that much as people think.
    Since you are just trolling I'm not gonna even take you serious, so I won't reply to you anymore
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Yeah, but as I said don't know the code of Gunz, I can get an idea seeing how game works, but surely it's so far away of what I can think. I have experience with other games but not with Gunz. Anyway I'm aware too of that the development of a map can take even more than 1 year, depending on too many facts an such things, but as I said it's adding a invisible ground to the map, it's not making one since 0 or such thing like that. And well idk how much time you guys spend on developing, and that's an important fact on how much time it'll take developing a map, but knowing it's just adding one thing that doesn't even need a texture, and putting my free time as an example for know how much time it could take, I've said 1 month. But yeah, it'll could take even more if you have really few time.
    That's not how it works, you can't just open the map and add an invisible ground to it if you don't have the source file (which we don't). You would have to remake the map from scratch to add new walls/collision/etc. Without the source file you can only really switch out textures or change lights, but you can't really edit the map itself. You have to remake it (just so you know).

I understand where you're coming from and that it could be frustrating as a quester because quests are not our focus.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    That's not how it works, you can't just open the map and add an invisible ground to it if you don't have the source file (which we don't). You would have to remake the map from scratch to add new walls/collision/etc. Without the source file you can only really switch out textures or change lights, but you can't really edit the map itself. You have to remake it (just so you know).

I understand where you're coming from and that it could be frustrating as a quester because quests are not our focus.
    In that way yeah, you are right. Didn't know that you guys didn't have the source of invisible walls (which is rare for me because normally developers have it, but if you say so I don't have any other thing than trust you.) But well, seems like you don't want to fix these things, so all I gonna say is remove quests (because having a mode fully of glitch and doesn't want to fix it, because as you said, there's no motivation for do it and the few ppl play it few times). Anyway, you aren't going to lose so much ppl.

If there's a FM please lock this, there's nothing more to talk about.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    They've delete the Quest Items from v7 without giving a reward or something, did you lose you donors on v8?????
    I can see that you've never played V6 .

Our donor shotguns were turned into complete shite (Original red donor sgs) and have been shit through all of V7 until the recent rebalance.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Do you actually have a bunch of screenshots of these "invisible walls" actually curious of how hard it would be to fix it, as in.. if we need to remove or add them, and where.
    But I have a feeling that it does require to remake all those maps, but it also depends on the map.

And we are not going to remove quest, it will actually get some love this year.

Country
    Thanks
    is turbo like quest? faster exp like berzerk in a sewer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information