Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Everyone thinks its easy to continuously host several sets a day until they actually become an ET. I'll even give myself as an example. I don't think anyone who applied stated in their application that they wouldn't be able to host daily. And they did not lie, they just had no idea how it all goes.

It's different when you play the game several hours daily - you are able to alt-tab, go eat, go for a quick walk, hang out with family etc. all while being uninterrupted and not having the responsibility to stay on your PC constantly.

Yes, we have a lack of ETs now and while looking at the logs I can see all 3 of us are hosting on a daily basis, all 3 on a different time. So if you have a different timezone than I do @naresh, you will never see me hosting even though I host everyday. I can also confirm that we will probably be opening ET applications very soon, so be patient. A majority of this server does not understand that we are not robots, we are people with jobs, schools, college, responsibilities and most importantly - a life.

The key is to have 6 ETs that can host each one set daily, more if needed. Not the other way around - 2-3 hosts that do multiple sets per day. It is tiring especially when you are hosting you are literally walking on a minefield trying to avoid triggered people ready to report you for the smallest mistake, ready to insult you without any reason, people who will spam you for events when all you are doing is enjoying the game - which we are allowed - we were players before this spot who were enjoying the game without events and we are no different now - we just host from time to time to entertain players - as volunteers, FOR FREE.

So once again I call everyone to have a little understanding and compassion with us, you have not been in our position. We understand events are key part of this server, however our lives are more important than these games.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Bipolarity for this useful post:

Faky (03-15-2020), Fay (03-18-2020), Zabu (03-15-2020)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bipolarity View Post
    Everyone thinks its easy to continuously host several sets a day until they actually become an ET. I'll even give myself as an example. I don't think anyone who applied stated in their application that they wouldn't be able to host daily. And they did not lie, they just had no idea how it all goes.

It's different when you play the game several hours daily - you are able to alt-tab, go eat, go for a quick walk, hang out with family etc. all while being uninterrupted and not having the responsibility to stay on your PC constantly.

Yes, we have a lack of ETs now and while looking at the logs I can see all 3 of us are hosting on a daily basis, all 3 on a different time. So if you have a different timezone than I do @naresh, you will never see me hosting even though I host everyday. I can also confirm that we will probably be opening ET applications very soon, so be patient. A majority of this server does not understand that we are not robots, we are people with jobs, schools, college, responsibilities and most importantly - a life.

The key is to have 6 ETs that can host each one set daily, more if needed. Not the other way around - 2-3 hosts that do multiple sets per day. It is tiring especially when you are hosting you are literally walking on a minefield trying to avoid triggered people ready to report you for the smallest mistake, ready to insult you without any reason, people who will spam you for events when all you are doing is enjoying the game - which we are allowed - we were players before this spot who were enjoying the game without events and we are no different now - we just host from time to time to entertain players - as volunteers, FOR FREE.

So once again I call everyone to have a little understanding and compassion with us, you have not been in our position. We understand events are key part of this server, however our lives are more important than these games.
    Anyone who would be attacking you for not hosting enough is dumb.
    We're just saying there aren't enough events right now. If you're saying the solution is to get more ET's, we don't mind that.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    also hard to host when 3 people show up in a certain time zone :v not sure if anyone brought up that point

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bipolarity View Post

and the saddest part is you cant see players team chat, we are also helping staff cus we can feel the pressure of hosting and day2day activities

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    and the saddest part is you cant see players team chat, we are also helping staff cus we can feel the pressure of hosting and day2day activities
    Exactly. It kills the point of silencing the room. Only makes it easier for the hosts, however we know that the team chat is getting flooded instead which is ruining the player experience.

Country
    Thanks
    Bump. This post was ignored no one took it seriously we still don't get the amount of events we think we deserve hope admins take a look at this

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zoom#1 View Post
    Bump. This post was ignored no one took it seriously we still don't get the amount of events we think we deserve hope admins take a look at this
    i think you are not following fgunz community, they said there is an update next week and also ET application will be open soon.
    once again read bipo's post in this thread

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information