Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum, fgunz

Description:
    Updating information on forum, make questing more than exp hoarding, fix two in game issues

I'm warning you, it's a long ass post ahead.

---

UPDATE INFO

You guys have two nice quest guides including boss combinations and drops (drops could use an update). I suggest to merge these two and add more information to make it a complete quest guide. One thing I still don't know if it's active and working properly or not, is iLevels:

https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...ghlight=ilevel

I suggest to update that said merged guide or one of the current ones with iLevels information. It would also be pretty cool to include info like item distribution. An official word that it's completely random would help ease some debates and if people believe picking the item up helps they may be boss hugging or try to make you die by luring NPC behind you, lunging you etc.

---

QUEST OVERHAUL - Make Questing Great Again

Right now questing is just buying a quest item and playing it. Kinda fun for a casual player who joins for a while or comes back now and then, BUT...

What if you removed the boss items from shop and increased the drop rates significantly? I don't remember what the rates were in IJJI, but increase them closer to a sure drop. Perhaps something like 80% drop rate for boss items?

You would have to go through the small trouble of hunting the items, but as a reward you'd also get more EXP. This server has more than just the regular quests, so what about them then? Perhaps each miniboss on page-quests could have like a 20% chance to drop one of the unique quest items instead of regular Large/Myst/Neck.
    Also revisit the drops. Perhaps one of the more challenging quests should have the most desired quest weapons and not FGK?

On a related note, I'd scale down the iLevels. Keep it more simple by reducing the levels to 1-5 with following HP/AP increase on NPC:
    Level 1 - 50% increase
    Level 2 - 60% increase
    Level 3 - 70% increase
    Level 4 - 80% increase
    Level 5 - 90% increase
    Level 6 - 100% increase

If you sacrifice a level 1 item, the boss drop would be guarantee level 2 item? 70-30 chance? You would have to work your way up to get the better items and bigger rewards. Level 6 could give a 5 day legendary med pack or something that either has a good HP/AP or very low weight to reward the entire team for finishing practically two bosses on one run. Or something.

At the same time weapon levels would be scaled down as well. Each item randomly generated within the dmg range of said level.

Level 1 - 5 to 13 dmg PVE increase
    Level 2 - 13 to 21 dmg PVE increase
    Level 3 - 21 to 29 dmg PVE increase
    Level 4 - 29 to 37 dmg PVE increase
    Level 5 - 37 to 45 dmg PVE increase
    Level 6 - 45 to 52 dmg PVE increase

Questing is not totally dead, but making it something that you need to put some effort into and through that get a bigger satisfaction may revive it a bit. Or make it even more dead idk. As an old time quester I'd love this.

Someone suggested tutorials and what else. Perhaps you could add that here as well. An official guide with all the technical beauty and then a fan content based support thread.

NPC AND CONNECTION BUG FIX SUGGESTION THINGY

Two things here. I understand this game works on a p2p (peer-to-peer) principle. While the whole thing runs on a server we're all connected to, individual games are created "player to player", not "player to server to player" like many other games we're used to. Please correct me if I'm somehow mistaken with this rough take or anything that follows.

Some connection issues have been there since the beginning of the game and if they had been easy to fix I guess they would have been fixed. I'm aware of this.

Because of this p2p setup, NPC, location and action information is exchanged straight between players and not through a game server. To my understanding and more from personal experience rather than something I have read, each player "hosts" set number of NPC. Some have talked about NPC being assigned to a certain player. When one person drops or has a connection glitch (alt+tab, 999 ping etc), you can see the NPC they host spawn, but they're immobile and you cannot kill them. This seems to be an issue where the information about said NPC is sent, but the connection is then interrupted and no further action is processed regarding them.

In IJJI when a "glitched" player left the game those "locked" NPC would have been released and assigned to someone else. This is why - if you recall - some of those NPC died instantly. This glitched player has killed them, but the information between players is halted and only when the NPC are re-assigned, their current HP data is transferred as well.

Here's the problem: In FGunZ, the NPC data doesn't reset at disconnection, but those NPC remain glitched. So any time a player leaves a quest game, there's a risk that the rest of the gang can't continue. I wouldn't mind people leaving quests if it didn't break the game.

Second thing is kinda related: NPC aggro
    In IJJI NPC would attack the closest human player, but in FGunZ it seems like they're drunk. At first I thought it's just me, but since I started playing sober I confirmed it wasn't just me.

At first I thought each NPC favors their "host", but sometimes it looks like they all chase the same human player from the other side of the map, unless provoked by shooting or walking directly in front of them.

I don't understand why, but gladly I don't have to. I hope you guys do

This takes away any deeper strategic approach to questing. It makes it really annoying when you try to keep a boss away from your team so they can focus shooting the boss and suddenly it just turns 180 degrees and launches a fireblast or whatever towards your team and suddenly you're alone like wtf. It makes it challenging thought, not knowing what happens next

Anyway, unless this is intentional, I suggest to look for a fix because it makes it less annoying when the mode works as intended.

2. The following user said thank you to Raslak for this useful post:

Top (03-30-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Interesting, admins should agree to this and Update the game soon.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    I'm not agree with the new drop. If i understand what you meant is that to make a new system of drop, if that's the case i'm not agreed with this. I'm agreed with other things. Maybe adding items on shop for sacrifice as you say and make the levels that you want. But i would leave the drop system as it is right now, I've spent many hours on hunting them all for collect them in Legendary, and i'm not the only one that did this.

Maybe adding unique items that only works on quests would be good, specially for future quests, and a new category of item (such as Mystic) that is even more powerful but very more hard to get than Legendary could be nice. But well, depends on the decision of McSic and Dave if add this or not.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    I'm not agree with the new drop. If i understand what you meant is that to make a new system of drop, if that's the case i'm not agreed with this. I'm agreed with other things. Maybe adding items on shop for sacrifice as you say and make the levels that you want. But i would leave the drop system as it is right now, I've spent many hours on hunting them all for collect them in Legendary, and i'm not the only one that did this.
    I'm not sure if we're exactly on the same page.

I don't want anyone's quest weapons taken away. If my suggested scaling isn't possible without touching the existing weapons I don't want it to happen. I'd like to have a confirmation that the drops are affected by the sacrifice, tho.

What I suggest is that you would have to do page 13/25/41 to get boss items (skulls, dolls etc.) instead of just buying them. Make it require more work to get to a boss fight, but to even it out, provide better EXP and/or loot rewards.

I'm not sure about page 65. Perhaps it could be a reward for finishing page 41 quest or perhaps it could be a part of mini boss drop pool. If every mini boss had say 80% chance to drop a chest and each had their unique drop pools with heavy bias on their original drop

Mini superion - 50% chance for the chest to include Large Skull and the other 50% divided between other drops
    Unholy (mini aneramon) - same but 50% for Mysterious Skull

These "other drops" would not include items such as Large Skull or Mysterious Skull, but items used for School Quest, Zombie Quest etc. and maybe Page 65.

At the same note, perhaps that random palmpow could drop a boss item instead of just being a nuisance

Thread Information