Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    My several years old screen started having a problem that prevents me from using it altogether- the moment it starts displaying anything (my desktop for example, or the no signal error) it immediately loses power and turns off for ~2 sec, initiating power up again and repeats.

Ive tried switching the screen's power supply and it worked at first (however the new power supply was rated for 1 volt higher than the screen, which shouldnt be a problem), but 2 days later the same problem occurs again. Does anyone have an idea of a fix or do i just need a new screen?

Is it possible that a screen malfunction made both power supplies break?

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Not a screen repair expert and I personally haven't experienced that issue yet, but if my screen had these issues I would probably just buy a new one. They've gotten fairly cheap (depends what you're looking for of course) but you can get good (gaming) screens for 90-180€ already. 150€ for a 24" 144hz Curved.

What's your current screen like? Model / name?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Not a screen repair expert and I personally haven't experienced that issue yet, but if my screen had these issues I would probably just buy a new one. They've gotten fairly cheap (depends what you're looking for of course) but you can get good (gaming) screens for 90-180€ already. 150€ for a 24" 144hz Curved.

What's your current screen like? Model / name?
    https://www.comx-computers.co.za/S23...ions-46827.htm

guess ill be getting a new one then.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Consider getting a 144Hz then, it's definitely worth it. This is the one I was talking about earlier https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07H5GNR18/..._hUKHEb7VG0XP6

Country
    Thanks
    its ur HDMI cord or that blue cord thats either loose wires or ur plug in on your monitor like its damaged/ worn out

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    its ur HDMI cord or that blue cord thats either loose wires or ur plug in on your monitor like its damaged/ worn out
    This.

I've had that issue where my screen would flash numerous times and then it would just turn off the moment Windows starts.
    Replacing the cable with a brand new HDMI one fixed the issue.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GeorgeGFX View Post
    This.

I've had that issue where my screen would flash numerous times and then it would just turn off the moment Windows starts.
    Replacing the cable with a brand new HDMI one fixed the issue.
    That cant be, because i tried swapping out the power supply with one that has a different connection, requiring new cables and adapters, which worked at first, but without changing stopped after 2 days. Also, my father took the supposedly dead older power supply and saw that it worked on a diff screen. I dont rule out the possibility that the cables were better connected on the other acreen, but i doubt we connected em twice loosely.

Thread Information