Banned

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum

Suggestion description:

Since my previous suggestion in regard to this was declined (giving forum members the chance to leave their opinion on applications), what about giving people the ability to thank users in those threads? This way it gives a bit of a community feedback thingy, without it becoming a friend-polotic thingy kinda doodoo.

2. The following user said thank you to ParisRS for this useful post:

Hulk (04-12-2020)

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Unfortunately whether we like it or not, people will just thank their friends applications, which in my point is unfair.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Unfortunately whether we like it or not, people will just thank their friends applications, which in my point is unfair.
    Its not my goal to start a whole friendly politics things, in the end the amount of thanks shouldnt really matter, it's just to give the community a little more say in it.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    We had something similar in the past - It was possible to rate applications from 1 to 5 and just like Divine said, it ended up with people giving 5 stars to the people they liked and giving 1 star to others. So in the end, you don't know if the person who voted 5 stars is his friend or it's someone who actually liked the application.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    We had something similar in the past - It was possible to rate applications from 1 to 5 and just like Divine said, it ended up with people giving 5 stars to the people they liked and giving 1 star to others. So in the end, you don't know if the person who voted 5 stars is his friend or it's someone who actually liked the application.
    Maybe state a reason why you've rated it a certain amount of stars?

In the end the admins don't have to base their decisions off the amount of likes/rates, it's just a little backup.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Its not my goal to start a whole friendly politics things, in the end the amount of thanks shouldnt really matter, it's just to give the community a little more say in it.
    i like this concept.

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Very nice idea, we had this in the past and ye it's a good way to show the community's opinions.

Like some of us like to read the apps and rate it without being partial.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Although I understand why it makes sense from your point of view, it provides zero value to us as we will not look at it nor make a decision based on how many thanks an application has received. Therefore, it's absolutely not necessary and pointless.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

10. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Emerald (04-12-2020), StephanM (04-13-2020)

Thread Information