Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    fgunz

Suggestion description:

for ppl like me who never play events its just annoying

edit; ignoring the dude who's hosting doesn't work
    Last edited by ParisRS; 04-17-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Hi,

Unfortunately, during trials you will see a lot of notices, but having an option to disable/hide it will mean you will not be able to see important messages.

I'd say no, as some of our messages are important.
    Last edited by Divine; 04-17-2020 at 10:55 PM.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately, during trials you will see a lot of notices, but having an option to disable/hide it will mean you will not be able to see important messages.

I'd say no, as some of our messages are important.
    There are literally none, I don't play tournaments, events or anything else. Maybe only things admins says like updates should be overwritten. And as I said it's optional.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    There are literally none, I don't play tournaments, events or anything else. Maybe only things admins says like updates should be overwritten. And as I said it's optional.
    Mmm.

Unless an option to just ignore "Event notices" can be made, so when staff announces events they would do the normal command + [EVENT] (example: /admin_notice [EVENTS]Hide & Seek Event). If a normal notice is used it would override it?
    Last edited by Divine; 04-17-2020 at 11:03 PM.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Banned

Thanks
    Mmm.

Unless an option to just ignore "Event notices" can be made, so when staff announces events they would do the normal command + [EVENT] (example: /admin_notice [EVENTS]Hide & Seek Event). If a normal notice is used it would override it?
    that's a decent idea, also nobody rly cares about tournaments announcements etc, just only admin stuff is relevant for ppl like me (for example when server goes down for maintainence or something)
    Last edited by ParisRS; 04-17-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    additional, im always playing like this now;

this doesnt solve it either

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    If you don't actually have some feedback, don't comment.

8. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

TomasEdison (04-18-2020)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Mmm.

I think this adds (especially to trials) an element of complication on every announcement, which while it would reduce pointless announcements, i think is unnecessary.

Im sure its possible to code it so that announcements that generate by staff members in the event channel are automatically defined as "Event notices" and thus ignored by users who selected to ignore them. If a staff members wants to make an announcement that isnt event related, he can simply switch channels.

Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    additional, im always playing like this now;

https://i.imgur.com/RG7xSXd.jpg

this doesnt solve it either
    Pretty sure youre the only one who plays like that.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I think this adds (especially to trials) an element of complication on every announcement, which while it would reduce pointless announcements, i think is unnecessary.

Im sure its possible to code it so that announcements that generate by staff members in the event channel are automatically defined as "Event notices" and thus ignored by users who selected to ignore them. If a staff members wants to make an announcement that isnt event related, he can simply switch channels.
    Maybe implement it after the trials are done to give them a fair chance for now. Im pretty sure when (as today) 200 people are online, only 30 attend an event. The remaining 70 (+100 afk) player who's playing doesn't care for them whatsoever, including me.

And no, I'm not the only one who plays like this, one among many.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Some of our messages are important

> FGunZ staff messages :
    Attachment 17727

One time when Leo was GM he admin popup'd " KYS "
    Now you're talking about abusing the admin_wall function, completely different story.
    Obviously most of the walls are about the events but there are other walls as well like Clanwar and Duel Tournament or whenever there's a big announcement, it could be about the sniper tournament or about ET apps or about restarting the server in 15 mins.

12. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Zabu (04-18-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information