Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    I'm actually curious. Why shouldnt macroing just be flat out bannable? Is there any defence for it. Or is it just your opinion out of ignorance?

Originally Posted by CEvangelista View Post
    Its not about XP or gaining advantage, its about the principal of allowing a hack, should be 3 month ban regardless of the mode.

Also, the last months people are constantly being reported for it, they dont learn anyway, might aswell remove them from the game entirely
    Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.
    Nobody misses hackers, look at zoro for example🍆. I know that macros are somewhat less "impactful" than for example an OC/UC. In training rooms I get it might be fun to dash around, but, on the other hand, I strongly believe allowing hacking shouldn't be a thing, and yes, macros are simply a hack, but less harmful than an OC/UC.
    Last edited by ParisRS; 05-14-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Thread Information