Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    WildPanda's Avatar I tried.. I failed myself

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    While I agree with most of what you said. You should be held responsible for your own actions. You cant accidentally macro in gunz. You either didn't read the rules (which you agreed to) or you chose to ignore them. Either way getting banned for such actions is not excessive in my opinion. However I do not think permanent bans are really in place for first time offenders
    I never said for first time offenders.. I said if they continue to do it?
    Rise & Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    I never said for first time offenders.. I said if they continue to do it?
    My bad I thought you supported the warning system. I read too hastily~~
    Yeah in that case I entirely agree. No warning X weeks ban for first time. And next time baibai 3-6 months

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The server had already learned from the past. Being too strict and giving mutes/warnings to every newbie that doesn't know the rules, that's what made the player-count low in the last few years. For example, requiring F11 replays for every report which is related to a harasser/flamer shows the improvement of the server's actions, and so on.
    The server hasn't learned a damn thing. We have never been strict if I'm completely honest here. We are giving hackers and cheaters multiple chances because ''They might've learned their lessons now''. We all know who I mean by saying this, but he is not the only one.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal...28sociology%29 You might learn something today buddy. Read that and understand why it isn't harmless

First of all, no, macro can't be considered as a hack. Hack is way too different to this, it's stupid call it as a hack. Now, depending on the game it can be considering as cheating, and here's where Gunz enter. Yeah, this is mostly cheating, but actually i don't think these should be considered as hard as a REAL hack.

-Okay so lets be really fair here, I'll give it to you macroing isnt hacking. Most shotbots arent hacks. They're just cheats.
    Are u kidding right? Shotbot is soooo different from macro. As i said, macro can't be considered as a hack because it's different, and with this i mean that Macro was made for the mouses and for x games. In these games macro isn't even considered as a cheat.

Now, shotbot should be programmed for each game, and the guy who makes it upload it to internet or he keeps it for himself. Shotbot even modify the game itself for give u adventage, while macro all what does is fastly press any key automatically and at any order, it doesn't modify the game for gives u adventage. And all hacks are like this, they all modify ur game for gives u adventage, like aimbot, shotbot, x-ray, etc.

Of course, the way that macro can be used could give u adventage, but that already have a punishment in pvp, and if y'all want you guys can suggest to give a better punishment for players that use macros in pvp (or annoy ppl in training rooms).
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

WildPanda's Avatar I tried.. I failed myself

Country
    Thanks
    My bad I thought you supported the warning system. I read too hastily~~
    Yeah in that case I entirely agree. No warning X weeks ban for first time. And next time baibai 3-6 months
    I support the warning system, in the form of:

1st offence: warning
    2nd offence: 14 day ban
    3rd offence: permanent ban

Similar to the way Riot do their "toxicity system"
    - You get a chat ban, then a 14 day ban & if you still don't learn, your account is locked for 100 years.
    Rise & Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions!

6. The following user said thank you to WildPanda for this useful post:

Camel (05-14-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Macro doesn't give u an advantage? Am I reading this correctly?
    did u even read all?
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Of course, the way that macro can be used could give u adventage, but that already have a punishment in pvp, and if y'all want you guys can suggest to give a better punishment for players that use macros in pvp (or annoy ppl in training rooms).
    Want it even more bigger for u can read?

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Want it even more bigger for u can read?
    I cant see red text, u can make it as big as u like =]

And there is not better punishment. Banning is perfect :]

Thanks
    Are u kidding right? Shotbot is soooo different from macro. As i said, macro can't be considered as a hack because it's different, and with this i mean that Macro was made for the mouses and for x games. In these games macro isn't even considered as a cheat.

Now, shotbot should be programmed for each game, and the guy who makes it upload it to internet or he keeps it for himself. Shotbot even modify the game itself for give u adventage, while macro all what does is fastly press any key automatically and at any order, it doesn't modify the game for gives u adventage. And all hacks are like this, they all modify ur game for gives u adventage, like aimbot, shotbot, x-ray, etc.

1. Most shotbots dont modify the code of the game at all. And thus arent hacks but rather cheats.

Refer to point one (1)
    2. All a shotbot does is press a key when a certain parameter is fulfilled.

3. There's a thing called normalization. If you were a player and you saw people using hacks all the time you would start doing it too even outside of those rooms. This is what happened with ijji during the Witch era. Everyone started cheating and literally killed the server.

i cba to proofread anything at this point. I'ma just let it all out kk

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    It should depends tbh. For example:

Training: No punishment.
    Quest/CQ: No punishment.
    TDM: Permanent warning.
    Duel: Permanent warning.
    Turbo: Permanent warning.
    Clan Wars/Gladiator Clan Wars: Ban for 1 month.
    Tournament: Ban for 3 months.

If permanent warning isn't enough, then maybe ban for 1 week.
    Why would you allow macro's in Quest/CQ?

12. The following 5 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Emerald (05-14-2020), GeorgeGFX (05-14-2020), Hecton (05-14-2020), Shang (05-14-2020), WildPanda (05-14-2020)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information