Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    I'm actually curious. Why shouldnt macroing just be flat out bannable? Is there any defence for it. Or is it just your opinion out of ignorance?

Originally Posted by CEvangelista View Post
    Its not about XP or gaining advantage, its about the principal of allowing a hack, should be 3 month ban regardless of the mode.

Also, the last months people are constantly being reported for it, they dont learn anyway, might aswell remove them from the game entirely
    Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.
    Nobody misses hackers, look at zoro for example🍆. I know that macros are somewhat less "impactful" than for example an OC/UC. In training rooms I get it might be fun to dash around, but, on the other hand, I strongly believe allowing hacking shouldn't be a thing, and yes, macros are simply a hack, but less harmful than an OC/UC.
    Last edited by ParisRS; 05-14-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Zeino's Avatar (◡‿◡✿)

Country
    Thanks
    Why not let people enjoy macroing in training rooms as long as they're not annoying anyone? If they still annoy you even in training room, you can report them and they get punishment. No need to be so strict for no reason. Macros are already not allowed on any mode except training rooms, smh.

4. The following user said thank you to Zeino for this useful post:

TomasEdison (05-14-2020)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    Why not let people enjoy macroing in training rooms as long as they're not annoying anyone? If they still annoy you even in training room, you can report them and they get punishment. No need to be so strict for no reason. Macros are already not allowed on any mode except training rooms, smh.
    What u're saying is let hackers be hackers, if that's the kind of community u want, be my guest.

Emerald's Avatar Think, believe and dream.

Country
    Thanks
    What u're saying is let hackers be hackers, if that's the kind of community u want, be my guest.
    Let me change your words, the macro is not a hack, the macro is something that you can configure as part of your CPU, you can convert the hack into a macro but you cannot convert the macro into a hack, do u get it?
    The macro itself is prohibited, but it is enabled in training so that people can have fun using it.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Emerald^ View Post
    Let me change your words, the macro is not a hack, the macro is something that you can configure as part of your CPU, you can convert the hack into a macro but you cannot convert the macro into a hack, do u get it?
    The macro itself is prohibited, but it is enabled in training so that people can have fun using it.
    A hack = a hack, don't try to soften it with tech-talk. It's giving people an unfair advantage and it's just wrong. It's like saying bhopping in csgo isn't a hack, but a macro, c'mon dude.

Country
    Thanks
    A hack = a hack, don't try to soften it with tech-talk. It's giving people an unfair advantage and it's just wrong. It's like saying bhopping in csgo isn't a hack, but a macro, c'mon dude.
    But bro its already prohibited in open rooms, what is the problem if the players use it in a training room?

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Emerald^ View Post
    But bro its already prohibited in open rooms, what is the problem if the players use it in a training room?
    I'll try to explain it in the most childish way I can probably come up with;

"A hack is a hack, it shouldn't be a part of the game".

I don't think I can do any better than that.

Country
    Thanks
    I'll try to explain it in the most childish way I can probably come up with;

"A hack is a hack, it shouldn't be a part of the game".

I don't think I can do any better than that.
    MACRO is not a hack.

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    It's too early considering macro users as hackers, lol. You're being too strict. Everyone agrees that Macro is annoying when it comes to you, as long as you didn't allow the player to use it on you.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information