Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Why not let people shotbot in training rooms its something you do in kernel
    Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)? Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict. Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)? Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict. Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)?

People cheat for various reasons. One of them is to show off how good you are to people. The platform doesnt matter. It's the recognition. Some just enjoy making others suffer. There's a plethora of reasons for them to do so.

Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict.

It's a form of cheating. Cheating should have a zero tolerance for the competitive integrity of the game. Also i would like to point out that most of the hacks on gunz are and have always been made in the macro softwares like logitechs etc, since it runs in kernel and without intrusive anticheat are impossible to weed out. So by taking out the macro users we might on an accident take a few shotbotters out too. Truly a shame.

Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

We are not here to discuss about whether or not the Staff is doing their job properly or not. That is not up for contention here. What we are here to discuss is whether or not the macro should be treated like the other forms of cheating we have present such as shotbot, hitbox etc.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.

Try to apply that logic to anything else and you see how quickly it falls apart. "We shouldn't put criminals into prison. This might decrease the amout of people on the streets."
    Last edited by Awful; 05-14-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Mile's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by CEvangelista View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FG

Suggestion description:

Allowing macros is simply allowing a sort of "hack", it's unfair for people who UC/OC to get banned, and macro-ers just get warned. Not in training rooms either, it serves 0 purpose in general anyway.

Maybe announce first and introduce it in a week or something, so not 100 people get banned at once.
    They are not causing any harm for using macro in training rooms so let it be as it is and deal with it I guess

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    How is that not good? Should we warn people for hitboxing too instead of banning them?

Gunz places a huge emphasis on its movement and how it is "difficult" to do. Having someone macro it all is quite literally cheating. We should have zero tolerance for cheaters.

There is no justification for macroing. The only reason someone would defend it, is because they're either stupid as hell, or they do it themselves. Now get the **** out of this thread.
    Why are you being so rude? behave urself, and yes macros and hacks or any advantages over normal gameplay are equal to cheat, it must be punishable.
    but there are two things MISTAKE and CHOICE somewhere we have to look deep in it.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Country
    Thanks

Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)?

People cheat for various reasons. One of them is to show off how good you are to people. The platform doesnt matter. It's the recognition. Some just enjoy making others suffer. There's a plethora of reasons for them to do so.

Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict.

It's a form of cheating. Cheating should have a zero tolerance for the competitive integrity of the game. Also i would like to point out that most of the hacks on gunz are and have always been made in the macro softwares like logitechs etc, since it runs in kernel and without intrusive anticheat are impossible to weed out. So by taking out the macro users we might on an accident take a few shotbotters out too. Truly a shame.

Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

We are not here to discuss about whether or not the Staff is doing their job properly or not. That is not up for contention here. What we are here to discuss is whether or not the macro should be treated like the other forms of cheating we have present such as shotbot, hitbox etc.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.

Try to apply that logic to anything else and you see how quickly it falls apart. "We shouldn't put criminals into prison. This might decrease the amout of people on the streets."

Fine, then hackers go into training rooms, ego' ing, showing off, making people suffer, and so on. 90% of the hackers' intention is to play Clan Wars or TDMs, and basically, use their hacks for something useful. Saying that hackers might annoy people in training rooms is silly. Also, why would they have any interest in receiving a banishment playing a training mode?

Keep in mind that a lot of players have Macro, and they want to use it sometimes. You cannot expect the owners of this server nor the Game Moderators to ban people incessantly and eventually lose players. They assuredly find it minor enough for a banishment. If they have already found Macro as a hack, they would've banned lots of people long ago.

I'm not the only one who thinks that Macro should NOT be treated the same way as Hitbox, Aimbot, Shotbot users but, it's debated, as far as you see. Also, we shall not ignore the fact that the final decision is eventually given by the staff team, according to what they find useful and beneficial to the server.

How the hell you compare reality to a game? I am not even going to answer it, lmao...

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I fully agree with what you wrote, but one thing which's still controversial, in my opinion, is about training rooms. We all know you don't gain EXP in this mode so, why not allow it. However, the main problem is that there are players who take advantage of it to hunt other players, and it's either annoying or disturbing. In case a player is caught and reported for abusing Macro in training rooms on a player who didn't allow him to use it on him, a punishment should be given as well as in the other game modes.
    Thats like saying we can use godmode and lawnmower hacks in training rooms cause they arent getting exp anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me fix that for you.

Training: Ban for 3 months.
    Quest/CQ: Ban for 3 months.
    TDM: Ban for 3 months.
    Duel: Ban for 3 months.
    Turbo: Ban for 3 months.
    Clan Wars/Gladiator Clan Wars: Ban for 3 months.
    Tournament: Banned for life.

- - - Updated - - -

The only valid argument for macros to not be bannable would have to come from the Devs/staff saying that macro is too difficult for them to detect and thus we can not pass judgement that we are not certain about. That's quite literally the only reason I could see why macros wouldnt be bannable.
    Agreed

7. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

Awful (05-14-2020)

Thanks
    How the hell you compare reality to a game? I am not even going to answer it, lmao...

-First and foremost it's called a hyperbole, look it up. I am pointing out a logical flaw in the argument.

Fine, then hackers go into training rooms, ego' ing, showing off, making people suffer, and so on. 90% of the hackers' intention is to play Clan Wars or TDMs, and basically, use their hacks for something useful. Saying that hackers might annoy people in training rooms is silly. Also, why would they have any interest in receiving a banishment playing a training mode?

-Oh no with your logical set they wouldn't get banished, but they would receive a warning.

Keep in mind that a lot of players have Macro, and they want to use it sometimes. You cannot expect the owners of this server nor the Game Moderators to ban people incessantly and eventually lose players. They assuredly find it minor enough for a banishment. If they have already found Macro as a hack, they would've banned lots of people long ago.

-Keep in mind that Macro has always been against the rules. What we are debating is about the punishment. And we are quite literally contesting their assesment and waiting for a reply from anyone in the staff team to elaborate their position. This is a suggestion, and we are 100% at the staffs mercy here. But we have the right to apply our case to the jury.

I'm not the only one who thinks that Macro should NOT be treated the same way as Hitbox, Aimbot, Shotbot users but, it's debated, as far as you see. Also, we shall not ignore the fact that the final decision is eventually given by the staff team, according to what they find useful and beneficial to the server.

-The staff still hasn't put their two cents in. It is a suggestion, and they have every right to do whatever the f*** they please with it. But we can atleast try. And I can see you're debating for the first time, yes. And I'm trying to point out how all of your opinions are unfounded in logic. Thus rendering them all worthless in my eyes.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zeino View Post
    Why not let people enjoy macroing in training rooms as long as they're not annoying anyone? If they still annoy you even in training room, you can report them and they get punishment. No need to be so strict for no reason. Macros are already not allowed on any mode except training rooms, smh.
    Why not let people enjoy hacking in training rooms as long as they are not annoying annoying

- - - Updated - - -

It's too early considering macro users as hackers, lol. You're being too strict. Everyone agrees that Macro is annoying when it comes to you, as long as you didn't allow the player to use it on you.
    Gunz is 15+ years old i dont think its too early

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    Why are you being so rude? behave urself, and yes macros and hacks or any advantages over normal gameplay are equal to cheat, it must be punishable.
    but there are two things MISTAKE and CHOICE somewhere we have to look deep in it.
    The MISTAKE is using a macro. The CHOICE is choosing one.

10. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

Awful (05-14-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Thats like saying we can use godmode and lawnmower hacks in training rooms cause they arent getting exp anyway.
    There is a HUGE difference between using a Godemode and Macro. You and some others consider Macro as a hack, but there are people like me who don't. Stop comparing Macro to different hacks because this discussion will never end nor will have any solution. The main point of this thread is if Macro users should be banned as well as shotbot and hitbox users.
    To make it clear, using hacks in training room isn't allowed and we all know that - It's not allowed at all. Using Macro in training rooms is also punishable as long as you didn't allow the certain player to use it. You're ignoring the main details, and the request of "banning macro users" will never be accepted. Once again, the staff team definitely prefers players more than worthless rules and regulations that have zero significance and that is legitimate.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Using Macro in training rooms is also punishable as long as you didn't allow the certain player to use it.[/U]
    Tell me what u mean with certain players please.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information