Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    - Decrease piercing ratio of daggers to be equal to all melee weapons (0.7 -> 0.6)
    - Add a Rusty dagger with lower damage
    - Decrease dagger range
    - Change [V] tag to force 15 damage on all melee weapons

From all these ideas I think it's probably enough to add a Rusty Dagger with 18 damage and change the piercing rate to 0.6 (all daggers are slightly OP due to the higher piercing rate, so I think that nerf is needed). 15 damage is probably too low because daggers do not have the ability to block or counter slashes, unlike swords. So forcing the same damage on both does not really level the playing field for them.
    I trust McSic's opinion,i look forward to this dagger nerf.

With that being said i agree 15 may be too low.
    Also are you saying keep the peircing range the same for all daggers and only change rusty dagger?

Alot of tdms use [V] so if it limits all melee weapons to 15 damage its essentially completely different game because the max sword damage is nearly twice that.
    Last edited by Moh; 05-19-2020 at 11:20 AM.

How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I trust McSic's opinion,i look forward to this dagger nerf.

With that being said i agree 15 may be too low.
    Also are you saying keep the peircing range the same for all daggers and only change rusty dagger?

Alot of tdms use [V] so if it limits all melee weapons to 15 damage its essentially completely different game because the max sword damage is nearly twice that.
    Piercing ratio of all daggers (0.7 -> 0.6). I think the increased damage with the high piercing rate is the main reason why all daggers are seen as OP at the moment.

Yeah currently I'm not planning to implement that [V] change.

Thanks
    Piercing ratio of all daggers (0.7 -> 0.6). I think the increased damage with the high piercing rate is the main reason why all daggers are seen as OP at the moment.

Yeah currently I'm not planning to implement that [V] change.
    Oh okay gotcha.

Other than myself,has there been posts even videos regarding how "over powered" daggers are?
    I guess what i'm asking is,where are all the other cries for daggers being broken.

Who else is playing daggers and doing their best in gladiator matches with them? Because i truly believe im the only person winning consistently.

I stream it everyday and it's great content.

Not many people now can say they've streaked with a rusty dagger.

How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    Oh okay gotcha.

Other than myself,has there been posts even videos regarding how "over powered" daggers are?
    I guess what i'm asking is,where are all the other cries for daggers being broken.

Who else is playing daggers and doing their best in gladiator matches with them? Because i truly believe im the only person winning consistently.

I stream it everyday and it's great content.

Not many people now can say they've streaked with a rusty dagger.
    Yeah, people barely play daggers. Always did. But many Gladiators don't use any other than 15 dmg Rusty Sword anyway.

I first noticed the need for a piercing ratio nerf when watching your stream.

Thanks
    Yeah, people barely play daggers. Always did. But many Gladiators don't use any other than 15 dmg Rusty Sword anyway.

I first noticed the need for a piercing ratio nerf when watching your stream.
    Oh you watch me on twitch.tv/sinbad1337

Either way the proposed 18 damage and peirce reduction seems fair.

I just want things to be fair,i hope i wont get kicked for using the nerfed rusty dagger.

Thread Information