Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    This is stupid, since when glad is Sword only? It's like saying PvP is SG only, and because this rest of weapons should be nerfed. So i believe the daggers are good as they are right now. Anyway, if it's really annoy the daggers on glad (which i don't understand because swords can block while daggers can't), just suggest a tag of Sword Only and u have this solved. Don't need to nerf daggers just because some sword ppl can't block a dagger.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Dunkin's Avatar E X G O D

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    This is stupid, since when glad is Sword only? It's like saying PvP is SG only, and because this rest of weapons should be nerfed. So i believe the daggers are good as they are right now. Anyway, if it's really annoy the daggers on glad (which i don't understand because swords can block while daggers can't), just suggest a tag of Sword Only and u have this solved. Don't need to nerf daggers just because some sword ppl can't block a dagger.
    Well said here, there is no need to argue guys, a simple title saying "Only Rusty Swords", "Only swords" will be efficient. It's the fairest thing that could be done. It's a title that has been used x amount of years. People will more likely take it in consideration to use that weapon in that room. Maybe change the format and suggestion to "add swords only button" just like how there's a no explosive button. Not saying everyone will obligate to "Swords only" "Rusty's only" but there are some people who take it in deep consideration to switch weapons and honor it.

Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Wrong. You and the GMs making up your own rules and you are both going to do more harm to a global community with your incessant whining getting players banned because they dont want to play with broken items.
    Hello Qwin,

Thanks for expressing your concern, as we are trying to make the game fair for everyone. From the previous reports we have received most to all of them were kicking without a valid reasoning. As you feel as it is unreasonable to play with such player that does not use a sword it is also unreasonable for us to not take in consideration of both parties. Think about it this way, don't you feel like its unreasonable to kick someone just because they are good at something but aren't as good with something that you are using? As for your reasoning in kicking players without a valid reason is against the rules. Think about it in reverse, what if you were kicked for being good at using a sword/using swords in general. Wouldn't be fair wouldn't it. Take what I said above this in consideration and comment on the "add swords only button".

Thanks,
    Mrmister
    Last edited by Dunkin; 05-19-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Bulba's Avatar The Original Pokemon

Country
    Thanks
    I helped suggesting balance FG in the past with weapon classes, but since v8 this server has gone downhill completely in many ways.

For years glads had told the staff about a bug that made someone looking 90 degrees up completely invincible and this was never fixed until the glad community as a whole had already abandoned FG. I bring that up because now glads were giving the server a chance again, but now starting to talk about dropping FG again due to word of mouth of this NEW problem caused by the staff and the bias (yet again).

This year in April FG gave everyone 23+ dmg swords and kodachis, (only part of that has been addressed) and introduced a completely busted version of 'daggers'. These 'daggers' are toxic in every way imaginable to the community as a whole and this is FGs fault, and yet players on both ends have to suffer because of it for no good reason. Well now we're at a boiling point where people are being kicked or IP banned over it because its OK to punish glads for wanting to play glad according to FGs GMs.

Gladiator Players have always kicked or barred something toxic to the gameplay. Is this a hard concept to understand?
    • 200+ ping -> Kicked or barred
    • Spike -> Kicked or barred
    • Flip -> Kicked or barred
    • OP Element -> Kicked or barred
    • Excessive Pedal -> Kicked or barred
    • Running -> Kicked or barred
    • Lsword -> Kicked or barred
    • TK -> Kicked or barred
    • Nonbow -> Kicked or barred
    • Piss/Donor -> Kicked or barred
    • FGs new long-range hyper-fast super-powered 'daggers' now get the same treatment -> Kicked or barred

1. Either fix these 'daggers' and re-balance them as they are inherently broken
    2. Give them the ability to be banned from game creation like SGO, and how Glad mode disables elements and flips
    3. or stop abiding by favoritism with whining donors and rein in your staff with this clear bias bending the rules to ban glads. People have been kicked from glad rooms for all of the above and not a single one of them ever reported anyone, until now with obnoxious 'dagger' trolls who have no respect for community rules and overblown ego since April.
    Hi Qwin,

Thank you for your suggestion. I understand your frustration at this point so please be patient for now. The staff will come with some kind of solution so that both parties can be happy. For now, as MrMister has mentioned, please try to include what kind of glad room you would like if you create the room.

Country
    Thanks
    Seems it's simply a clash of ideologies. Sinbad doesn't realize the gladiator community has been rolling 15 dmg rusty swords and sub 150hp/ap total for over a decade now.
    Along with community enforced rules of no flips or PEDAL. Which inherently dagger only users do.

I'll agree, dagger's needed a buff to keep up with Kstyle/gunners. But they now go against core tenants of gladiator, besides just TTK imbalance issue. I.e, poke someone 6 times to death vs requiring 17 slashes.
    So that option for Sword only in glad rooms is probably the right idea honestly.
    Edit: Also Sword only option for Duel glad rooms. Or hell, forced 15dmg melee weps with Glad tag. Whichever makes more sense.
    Last edited by Malikb0ss; 05-19-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I believe i am the only reason why there should be a dagger nerf. I believe they are too strong and need reduction in damage. Although i will STILL beat any and every gladiator. Even with blocking. No one is trolling with daggers,sworders are a little upset someone else is winning. Sorry for changing the meta so fast on you. If what i say isnt true; show me someone else who is streaking everyday with daggers.
    Show me someone who streams out smarting sworders everyday.
    Like i said i accept the challenge.
    Lets ask this. If you are such a "Godly dstyler" as you claim, where were you years ago in glad rooms when 'daggers' werent completely busted until recently? We both know the answer, you were never streaking anything or even a threat or had a name or rep to anyone in glad games until the April patch which made them toxic and gave you an over-inflated ego.

Please take a seat, you are nothing more than fueled with hot air, just listen to yourself "IM THE ONLY REASON!" You didnt change the meta, you're doing nothing at all anymore than people using an element as a crutch 'changed the meta' and was barred from glad immediately.

The fact is there's been multiple cases of people intentionally trolling with them has been a reoccurring factor ruining games many times already. You're just are enabled by a totally broken item balance. But at least we agree on that they should be nerfed or banned from glad rooms. The April buff was a try, but ultimately a failure in balance. Whats more toxic is the staff reaction to glads kicking people using 'daggers' because they are busted and then dishing out warnings or bans.

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Lets ask this. If you are such a "Godly dstyler" as you claim, where were you years ago in glad rooms when 'daggers' werent completely busted until recently? We both know the answer, you were never streaking anything or even a threat or had a name or rep to anyone in glad games until the April patch which made them toxic and gave you an over-inflated ego.

Please take a seat, you are nothing more than fueled with hot air, just listen to yourself "IM THE ONLY REASON!" You didnt change the meta, you're doing nothing at all anymore than people using an element as a crutch 'changed the meta' and was barred from glad immediately.

The fact is there's been multiple cases of people intentionally trolling with them has been a reoccurring factor ruining games many times already. You're just are enabled by a totally broken item balance. But at least we agree on that they should be nerfed or banned from glad rooms. The April buff was a try, but ultimately a failure in balance. Whats more toxic is the staff reaction to glads kicking people using 'daggers' because they are busted and then dishing out warnings or bans.
    You're completely false,i have never had an interest in gladiator. It's interesting to me lately but now i see it's not favorable among the glads. How do you even call yourself a gladiator when you refuse to play daggers.

Btw i have endless videos of me winning gladiator matches before the update in april. I streamed it on twitch.tv/sinbad1337. No one complained until i started streakint 50-10

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    Hi Qwin and Moh,

I understand how you both feel, but as Bulba as stated please be patient with Staff. This isn't the place to fight with each other over glad. Specify what kind of rooms you create in game and make a suggestion thread calmly stating "swords only tag". Arguing with one another is not the Key to resolving the problem.

Thank you

Dunkin's Avatar E X G O D

Country
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    You're completely false,i have never had an interest in gladiator. It's interesting to me lately but now i see it's not favorable among the glads. How do you even call yourself a gladiator when you refuse to play daggers.

Btw i have endless videos of me winning gladiator matches before the update in april. I streamed it on twitch.tv/sinbad1337. No one complained until i started streakint 50-10
    Hello Moh and Qwin,

I do see you guys have different and conflicting ideologies, please refrain from arguing and post solutions and SUGGESTIONS as this is a Suggestions page.
    We do understand that all of you guys have concerns but arguing and causing conflict will not result in a solution. You may comment on each others suggestions but please do it in a ordinary fashion.

9. The following user said thank you to Dunkin for this useful post:

LostX (05-19-2020)

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mrmistersir View Post
    Hello Moh and Qwin,

I do see you guys have different and conflicting ideologies, please refrain from arguing and post solutions and SUGGESTIONS as this is a Suggestions page.
    We do understand that all of you guys have concerns but arguing and causing conflict will not result in a solution. You may comment on each others suggestions but please do it in a ordinary fashion.
    Reduce rusty dagger to 15 damage. That way rustys would be a thing. Its too high sitting at 23 and the delay is already slow as can be with 366. If i joined a glad room with a rusty dagger it should be allowed.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    This is stupid, since when glad is Sword only? It's like saying PvP is SG only, and because this rest of weapons should be nerfed. So i believe the daggers are good as they are right now. Anyway, if it's really annoy the daggers on glad (which i don't understand because swords can block while daggers can't),
    just suggest a tag of Sword Only and u have this solved. Don't need to nerf daggers just because some sword ppl can't block a dagger.
    Since the beginning, do you live under a rock? I am not talking about gladiator as a game mode of melee only but what players have played with community established rules for over a decade.

The reason daggers were rarely if ever seen in gladiator was because they were a meme, easily outclassed by swords until the April patch which broke them. Kodachis were acceptable, the expectation was the same as with Rusty swords 15 dmg or less.

But beyond that what do you have? Lswords are another weapon that was barred from glad and will get you kicked just as much as the 'daggers' for similar reasons. It's only recently with the April version of daggers thats causing the conflict with warnings and bans due to bad balancing and strife with the community vs staff. I don't throw around the word 'toxic' much but this is a clear case of it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information