LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

As title says, add the options "Sword Only" and "Dagger Only" into the tag of X Weapon Only Tag. Sword people are complaining about daggers, but nerf them shouldn't be a solution, so these tags can solve this problem. (And for dagger ppl there can be the Dagger Only, so all happy).
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

2. The following user said thank you to LostX for this useful post:

Eeksdee (05-19-2020)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    No, stop trying to ruin the game because Moh literally smacks all of you on Gladiator and because of him you try to literally ban daggers.
    First people abuse kick function on him and now you're here suggesting this, git gud and learn how to counter daggers, it's that easy.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

4. The following 4 users say thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Bunny (05-19-2020), Hart (05-20-2020), Moh (05-19-2020), ParisRS (05-19-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GeorgeGFX View Post
    No, stop trying to ruin the game because Moh literally smacks all of you on Gladiator and because of him you try to literally ban daggers.
    First people abuse kick function on him and now you're here suggesting this, git gud and learn how to counter daggers, it's that easy.
    I thought we were supposed to post suggestions here and not throw around banter and shit talk.
    How about.. we 1v1 glad, and I'll use a 30 dmg dagger with full tank. And you roll a standard glad setup of rusty sword and 150hp/ap. Don't worry, I wont be touching W.

You may see the problem after the first few rounds.

On the real:
    Normalized damage to go along with the Vanilla tag sound good. I still support Sword only options, but if daggers wanna be on the same playing field thats fine.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Malikb0ss View Post
    I thought we were supposed to post suggestions here and not throw around banter and shit talk.
    How about.. we 1v1 glad, and I'll use a 30 dmg dagger with full tank. And you roll a standard glad setup of rusty sword and 150hp/ap. Don't worry, I wont be touching W.

You may see the problem after the first few rounds.

On the real:
    Normalized damage to go along with the Vanilla tag sound good. I still support Sword only options, but if daggers wanna be on the same playing field thats fine.
    I'd still beat you and I can banter all I want because Moh is one of the only people who main d-style here, knows how play it and I'm getting pissed at people who abuse the kick function on him because they suck so much at glad, they either have to kick them or suggest a tag room with swords only.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

7. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

ParisRS (05-19-2020)

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    I dont think we should seperate gladiator by swords only. If we did and someone started styling on someone with large swords we might need to code another tag for no large swords.
    Obviously just nerf dagger damage and make it equal to rusty. I can promise you no one can beat a sworder with a rusty dagger then. I'm willing to level the playing field. Just don't limit what games i can join based on the weapons i choose. Swords only hurts me because dagger vs dagger is a huge waste of time. Nothing interesting will happen. Take it from someone who plays any dagger regardless of level.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

9. The following user said thank you to Moh for this useful post:

LostX (05-19-2020)

Error 404 Not Found

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I dont think we should seperate gladiator by swords only. If we did and someone started styling on someone with large swords we might need to code another tag for no large swords.
    Obviously just nerf dagger damage and make it equal to rusty. I can promise you no one can beat a sworder with a rusty dagger then. I'm willing to level the playing field. Just don't limit what games i can join based on the weapons i choose. Swords only hurts me because dagger vs dagger is a huge waste of time. Nothing interesting will happen. Take it from someone who plays any dagger regardless of level.
    Hell, no you stay with Dagger. Where's the challenge then when all switch to Sword? If they're bad, than they're bad. Just excuses cuz you're better than them
    life is like a miracle, but also a tragical.
    there are two ways to live, live as if nothing is a miracle and as if everything is a miracle.

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    This suggestion focuses more on restricting gameplay rather than balancing it. For years dstyle was underwhelming and out of meta. Now it seems to have overshot the mark slightly with the recent updates. Removing it from play entirely doesn't seem like a logical solution in my opinion. As for the "dagger people play dagger people" comment, I've literally only seen Zefard and Sinbad using daggers lately.
    Last edited by Amzz; 05-19-2020 at 09:08 AM.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I'm just trying to give a solution for these glad kids that cries against daggers. I appreciate u gave ur opinion with respect and not with trash talk like someone else . (Tho i think might these tags can be useful for events)
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    I'm just trying to give a solution for these glad kids that cries against daggers. I appreciate u gave ur opinion with respect and not with trash talk like someone else . (Tho i think might these tags can be useful for events)
    Their solution already exists; getting good. Any real glad knows how to fight a d-styler and considering the people who kicked couldn't kill a d-styler using a 23dmg dagger then i have bad news for them.

Also, these tags are useful for events when there are events that would benefit from the tags, not the other way around. If you think there are, suggest them.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    This is not the solution we're striving for. We will balance the game instead and see if that solves the problem.

15. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Faky (05-19-2020), Moh (05-19-2020)

Thread Information