Originally Posted by angry View Post
yes one dedicated server lol with 50/100 brs on 100+ ping? as i said game is too dead for it

the sg spread can be better yeah cause on close range you get so much 9dmg shots even when you hit ppl centered alot of times. the biggest problem is that 80% of the ppl playing this seem to be either playing on 5$ networks or purposely make themselves lag, even if its a tiny bit it plays a huge role.
I think you're talking about the wrong server when you're referring to 50/100 BRs here. Anyhow a dedicated server has nothing to do with it as I said, when GunZ is peer2peer and solely based on network/distance between players. It doesn't need nor care about the server. That's the point of peer2peer. Distance is distance and a shit player net is a shit player net and no server can or will fix an individual's net nor distance between players lol

You're mixing the reason up there when your shots only deal 9 damage. It's not the server nor the player's fault anymore but just the spread most likely being too tight thus giving you no room for error - and hitting too hard on distant shots

--- Edit ---

Just for clarity: when a clear hit deals 0 damage that's the antilead or player's net messing up. Server is just there to serve and save data like shop/equipment in lobby, player exp and level. Basic stuff but not really gameplay related. Except for the damage counter which uses the server to confirm to make sure you get the damage counter update, which is why the damage counter updates a tad slower sometimes when you or the player you hit is far away from the server, resulting in the damage counter data to take a bit longer to be transferred, but that's it and it's not related to the damage/hit itself but only the damage counter info. OR when you're on NAT connection, in which case everything is transferred via the server (also hiding your real IP and such). Regardless, official servers handling 1200 players at a time were weaker than this dedicated server lol, it's overkill for GunZ (but not related to peer2peer gameplay anyway)