Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by angry View Post
    yes one dedicated server lol with 50/100 brs on 100+ ping? as i said game is too dead for it

the sg spread can be better yeah cause on close range you get so much 9dmg shots even when you hit ppl centered alot of times. the biggest problem is that 80% of the ppl playing this seem to be either playing on 5$ networks or purposely make themselves lag, even if its a tiny bit it plays a huge role.
    I think you're talking about the wrong server when you're referring to 50/100 BRs here. Anyhow a dedicated server has nothing to do with it as I said, when GunZ is peer2peer and solely based on network/distance between players. It doesn't need nor care about the server. That's the point of peer2peer. Distance is distance and a shit player net is a shit player net and no server can or will fix an individual's net nor distance between players lol

You're mixing the reason up there when your shots only deal 9 damage. It's not the server nor the player's fault anymore but just the spread most likely being too tight thus giving you no room for error - and hitting too hard on distant shots

--- Edit ---

Just for clarity: when a clear hit deals 0 damage that's the antilead or player's net messing up. Server is just there to serve and save data like shop/equipment in lobby, player exp and level. Basic stuff but not really gameplay related. Except for the damage counter which uses the server to confirm to make sure you get the damage counter update, which is why the damage counter updates a tad slower sometimes when you or the player you hit is far away from the server, resulting in the damage counter data to take a bit longer to be transferred, but that's it and it's not related to the damage/hit itself but only the damage counter info. OR when you're on NAT connection, in which case everything is transferred via the server (also hiding your real IP and such). Regardless, official servers handling 1200 players at a time were weaker than this dedicated server lol, it's overkill for GunZ (but not related to peer2peer gameplay anyway)

Tzunami best0's Avatar help page 65 pls

Country
    Thanks
    as a cw player
    tbh i feel like hp ap is fine, maybe like 10 hp/ap more is still good
    dmg and delay of sg's is fine too
    antilead too
    maybe a lil bit bigger hitbox
    i feel good with the spread tbh
    is just strange sometimes in a close range fights i do 9dmg hits, even to far range i do some 9dmg and some 20/30 dmg hits, i dont understand why, i feel like is just randomly

Country
    Thanks
    Badass Xhair, where did you find it?

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    The overall cw experience in FG is just a really bad experience. At a high level, all players do in cw is camp and pot. There's no value in playing at a close range anymore because the damage is unreliable due to FG's shit sg spread and hitbox.

Examples of close range pbs doing no damage:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682418399 - 1st shot = 9 dmg pb from close range
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682571869 - 9 dmg pb from close range
    <--Edit-->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-Y6_6Wbsg -first pb 24dmg? no way
    https://youtu.be/oA7EYJ_N_pQ?t=22 -1 pb 27dmg yea i know he hits at right arm but feels dumb when u can pot from very long distance and still hit 27dmg
    I don't expect a full 100dmg+ shot in each of these clips but 9 dmg? Comeon. This is why everyone complains about the anti lead here. It's not the anti lead's fault but the shit sg spread and hitbox.

As shown in these clips, playing close range is extremely unreliable, and potting from afar becomes a much better alternative because it's easier to aim and with the sg spread here being so shit, potting does a lot of damage.

Examples of insane pot damage:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682415956 - 3 shots from afar 99 dmg
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682423959 - 1 shot from afar 72 dmg
    <--Edit-->
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/683542357 -2 shots afar 99dmg

As shown in the clips, potting does way too much damage. In these clips I was just camping/potting and was able to take away 40% of the hp/ap of the enemy who was RUSHING.

As a result, everyone whose good in cws just camps and pots which is frustrating for both the player and the opposing team. The joy in gunz comes from the adrenaline you get when you rush and have to constantly move and try to kill the enemy with as few shots as possible. With the insane pot damage that occurs in FG, everyone is just camping and potting and whoever rushes first has a huge disadvantage which just results in extremely passive gameplay. No one wants to play with/against this shit which is why a lot of cwers left.

How to fix this?

Fix sg spread and hitboxes so that they do less damage from longer range, and more consistent damage in close range. Change hp/ap so that people will rush more cause atm you just die in 2 shots.
    I played 3 hours TDM today, I am about to post the same thing but you posted in detail. camp and port shots are imba in this patch^^
    I got fked up in castle map (i rush and air fight = no use 3 pb is 99dmg most of the time) my gameplay in clan war is rush and take 1 faster(fight or bs) and get back but this is impossible to do here^^

+1 for lang range damage reduce
    first pb 9 dmg is KARMA

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tzunami best0 View Post
    as a cw player
    tbh i feel like hp ap is fine, maybe like 10 hp/ap more is still good
    dmg and delay of sg's is fine too
    antilead too
    maybe a lil bit bigger hitbox
    i feel good with the spread tbh
    is just strange sometimes in a close range fights i do 9dmg hits, even to far range i do some 9dmg and some 20/30 dmg hits, i dont understand why, i feel like is just randomly
    where do you draw the line between "i just nearly missed that guy so it only did 9 damage as opposed to 20/30", and "the game's rng made me lose damage"?

Banned

Thanks
    its just spread not hitbox the hitbox is like the og one the other server uses enhanced hitboxes

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    - Increase HP/AP a bit (thinking like +10-15 on both)
    - Increase shotgun spray size a tad (+ 10-20% or so)

That's the plan. @Akimbo @Skilly

Also this server is running on a strong dedicated server with 1 gbps connection already, GunZ is using very little of it. We pay hundreds a month for the server. But that has nothing to do with it when gameplay is peer2peer (player to player) @Angry
    i wouldnt mind making the sg spread alittle less tighter to prevent hardcore potshotting
    but pls dont touch the hp\ap as its perfect as it is
    poeple need to stop bitching around about dying too fast and just play better lmao
    gunz fights should be(and currently are, in fg) a dance,an amazing combination of movements and aim where u can land 3 perfect shots and get a satisfying kill, and sometimes ull need more shots, depends on how fking hard you hit
    the fact that u can kill in 3~4 shots is what makes me stick to this specific oldgen like server, CUZ ITS A DANCE, and not a spamming mayham
    point is pls dont touch the hp\ap (its already abit higher than default, which is perfect cuz its by alittle)

edit:
    about getting spb 2 shotted, its a part of the game, learn to shield or something
    dont try making this game easier for you, im begging you
    Last edited by mamon8521; 07-24-2020 at 02:12 AM.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    i agree w above statement i dont think a change in hp/ap is needed cuz i find it perfectly fine but sg spread needs 2 get fix lol

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

9. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

mamon8521 (07-24-2020)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    I would first make the spread less tight and then wait a bit and see if the extra hp/ap is still necessary. i think 2/3 shotting from close range is fine. its just absurd when u can get someone to very low hp before u are even close.

hopefully decreasing the spread tightness is enough to promote mid/close range fighting with shotguns, otherwise increase hp/ap a tad bit

11. The following user said thank you to Ganggbangg for this useful post:

mamon8521 (07-24-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information