Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kohta View Post
    Yes, grenades can be used at the start of quests like scrider to kill off the npcs that spawn near him. The same can be done if the players know the fight and shoot the npcs themselves right at the start, which would kill all the npcs within pretty much the same amount of time while not taking up weight and an equipment slot that could be used for meds or mags.
    Granades are an important item when you are in team, specially in CQ. I don't think they should be removed because they are so used there, and if you are a quester you should know that.

While rockets can be fun to use to do splash damage to grouped up npcs there's no need for them when dealing with bosses and npcs are usually killed before they can even get a chance to group up enough in the first place. Most of the time when npcs are grouped up is when someone is luring them away from the other players so they can focus just on the boss. The person luring them, avoids killing the npcs so they don't spawn near the boss again unless it's a npc that causes trouble like the big guys in broken golem.
    Again, CQ. If you have solo'ed act 1.4 with a rocket you should know it's useful as **** in the last stage. Just do walljump and when you reach the top aim down to you and you can do so much dmg to npcs, making them weak and easy to kill with your single MG, and situations like this can happen in others acts. And they were so used when ride was a thing in Boss Party.

The bosses and npcs that can be stunned can also be stunned just as easily with a normal dagger or by bfing. If your main goal is to finish as fast as possible though, it's less optimal to stun them because that's one less person shooting.
    Seems like you never have done survival. There the stun is needed in high stages where the bossses have too many hp. And you say that dagger can stun as much as speedy dagger, but i still see ppl which prefer stun with a speedy dagger before a dagger.

SMG/pistols/revs can all be used to kill npcs that are far away and do so quicker than an MGs but become less useful when sustained damage is needed which is why I said they could use weight/damage/capacity changes to make them a bit more useful.
    They're useful for kill npcs, and idk how a rev or pistol that can kill with 1 shot npcs needs to be more useful in capacity/dmg/weight. In SMG might need a change in weight, but that can be done making scrider ring more useful depending on the tier. (For example, myth ring could give 25 weight, with this u don't need any changes on SMGs or any other weapon)

I do agree SMGs are better than every rifle in their current state and I do use them along with my MGx2 as well at times. I've also used pistols and revs in the past as a secondary in scrider to deal with problematic npcs that are across the map from me.
    They aren't only useful on scrider. On quests that you need be near to boss or x place, revs and pistols are an important weapon for bring support to other players. And SMGs/Riffles are useful as much as a MG when you are soloing, their DPS (Damage Per Second) is better than a MG, so in moments that you need kill faster npcs (such as in the last stage of act 1.2 or 4.4), these weapons are needed yes or yes. There's no need for any change for make them more useful imo. Maybe only in weight but as i said that can be fixed with scrider's ring idea.

The main reason I made these suggestion was to unclutter the drop table and if we're lucky to get revamped version of other weapons that are not completely up to par.
    The actual droplist is big, that's a fact. This is the bad thing of the new droplist. But you forget something, there's boss party which gives 12 boxes. If you're enough skilled and have a great team, you can do this quest and receive a lot of items in 1 run. But if we really need a better drop table, then make separate drops is better than just removing items.

Edit: One thing in my opinion that could be done to make everyone happy is to remove less favorable drops from the most played quests, but have them still drop in every other quest. The only downside I can really see with doing this is that it may split up the community a bit too much.
    This. It's the best way than having all drops in every boss. Right now if you want to hunt you only do School Quest, act 1.4 or Boss Party. I would prefer giving the most useful items (MGs, Riffles, Swords, Daggers and SMGs) to School Quest, Act 1.4, Scrider, FGK, and if possible Boss Party. And giving Launchers, Revs, Pistols, Granades, Long Swords, Kodachis, Speedy Daggers and Hotshots (i'd like to use this last one in myth) to the rest of quests.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to LostX for this useful post:

Kohta (08-03-2020), Sanbaki (08-03-2020), TomasEdison (08-03-2020)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback so far. We'll use it to make some changes in the next update.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Kohta (08-03-2020), LostX (08-03-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    @LostX To a varying degree I believe we agree more than we disagree on most things. I will however admit that I haven't played survival a lot since it doesn't really interest me all that much, but I may give it another shot when the new update comes. Since I started playing here back in April of this year I've done Scrider well over 2k times, have soloed act 1.4 a fair amount times as well(with MGx2 and SMGs), I have done every single act there is, and every quest. Though I haven't done all of those anywhere near as many times as I've done Scrider. Also by no means am I trying to be arrogant when talking about my experience with quest and challenge quests, I'm just giving my feedback based on my own observations and experiences with them.

I guess I should have been more clear when I was talking about weight/damage/capacity. I wasn't talking about changing all three, more like just one of the properties unless more is needed to make them an even more ideal pick for certain situations. Primarily because when the new quest difficulties come in, I have a feeling they're going to fall off in usefulness by quite a lot due to the HP buffs to bosses/npcs that come with the higher difficulty settings.

I do like the idea of the Scrider ring giving a higher weight capacity at higher tiers. To add onto that idea, it would be nice if Scrider mags scaled with rarity, lvl, or both(and if we're lucky having the CQ Master Jjang give more than +1 weight ). The only downside I could see to doing this is that it will effect normal rooms(PVP) as well when it comes to the weapon balance based on their weight. If there is a way to make it work only in quest/cq rooms, I'm all for it.

Lastly thank you for being very active in this discussion and thank you to everyone else as well that have voiced their opinions and ideas. The more we talk about it the more the developers learn what people want to see done.
    Last edited by Kohta; 08-03-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

I'll remove rocket launchers / grenade launchers / grenades.

I didn't even bother to add pistols/revs/smgs to the latest dropsets because they're pretty much useless in quests. They are like rifles but worse.

MGs > Rifles

You really only need MGs, due to the huge ammo capacity (and damage), especially in harder quests where NPCs and bosses have an extremely high amount of health. Even if we were to add an ammo capacity buff (or damage buff) to pistols/revs/smgs they would still be pretty bad compared to Rifles and MGs, I think. So I guess we should just stick to looking at Light/Heavy MGs and Dual MGs as the go-to items for high tier questers.

We can keep Rifles (x2) and buff their PVE damage, but they will still be bad compared to MGs due to lack of ammo, I think. MGs are really heavy, slow you down, have a high reload time and bad accuracy, but they score with very high damage and huge mag size. So there's a balance. I'm afraid if we buff PVE Rifles too hard and increase their mag size, there would be no reason for MGs to exist.
    SMGs are okay to remove, but I disagree to remove explosives, I use them on army men quest, also you should add Sniper quest items for army men. Rifles are also really useful in Challenge quest and Army men

Aight's Avatar 1/1

Thanks
    I was collecting all Lv. 30 from School Quest but... R.I.P. 20/24

https://imgur.com/a/wmnlUbs

Country
    Thanks
    plz buff stun gernades and make it where i am able to kill team mates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information