Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Remove rocket launchers and grenade launchers, they're useless unless their pve damage is bumped up into the thousands while also upping their ammo capacity.

Remove all grenades, they're pretty much useless due to low damage and having a low capacity(like the 1hit or 2hit grenades).

Remove the speedy dagger and the insta sword, they're both for the most part useless in quest compared to the sword / katana and daggers due to their lack of damage. Overall the only useful melee weapons are daggers, sword / katana, and maybe kodachis(depending on their weight).

For assault rifles I think their damage should be buffed to be more inline with machine guns(so about a 15% to 25% pve damage buff due to machine gun x2 shooting 4 bullets at once while x2 assault rifles shoot 2) or lower their weight to be closer to the weight of smgs.

Smgs could either use a bit of a pve damage buff or weight being lowered.

Pistols and revolvers are so-so but could use a bit of a ammo capacity buff.

If for some reason ammo and weight can't be changed for weapons that are considered pve weapons without effecting the base item, pve damage buffs could work for the most part in my opinion.

Thank you for reading.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Thanks for your feedback.

I'll remove rocket launchers / grenade launchers / grenades.

I didn't even bother to add pistols/revs/smgs to the latest dropsets because they're pretty much useless in quests. They are like rifles but worse.

MGs > Rifles

You really only need MGs, due to the huge ammo capacity (and damage), especially in harder quests where NPCs and bosses have an extremely high amount of health. Even if we were to add an ammo capacity buff (or damage buff) to pistols/revs/smgs they would still be pretty bad compared to Rifles and MGs, I think. So I guess we should just stick to looking at Light/Heavy MGs and Dual MGs as the go-to items for high tier questers.

We can keep Rifles (x2) and buff their PVE damage, but they will still be bad compared to MGs due to lack of ammo, I think. MGs are really heavy, slow you down, have a high reload time and bad accuracy, but they score with very high damage and huge mag size. So there's a balance. I'm afraid if we buff PVE Rifles too hard and increase their mag size, there would be no reason for MGs to exist.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Kohta (08-02-2020), Satan (08-02-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Very true, rifle and smg ammo slipped my mind. The main reason I didn't just say remove everything but MGs was to make a compromise :V. Thank you.

Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Why remove grenades? I like my legendary level high dmg grenades..collectables T__T
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

toyouko's Avatar Gentle Quester

Thanks
    -Grenades They are not useless if you know how and when to use.
    -Speedy Dagger can use to "Stun" NPC or Boss in the Long Quest Like Survival (Perfect For Lure Player)
    Ins Sword Might not Good But Might Be Fun for Collection (Suggest Leave At least 1)
    About The New Drop Idk About Other . But In My Opinion It is Too Much For 1 Quest .Old Drop Was Ok (suggest Add More Drop in Old Drop But Not Too Much)
    Last edited by toyouko; 08-03-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    wow a section of the player base that communicates with the developers instead of bashing everything about the server and providing actual constructive criticism

+1

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Divine (08-03-2020), Kohta (08-03-2020)

Sake's Avatar One

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

I didn't even bother to add pistols/revs/smgs to the latest dropsets because they're pretty much useless in quests. They are like rifles but worse.

MGs > Rifles

You really only need MGs, due to the huge ammo capacity (and damage), especially in harder quests where NPCs and bosses have an extremely high amount of health. Even if we were to add an ammo capacity buff (or damage buff) to pistols/revs/smgs they would still be pretty bad compared to Rifles and MGs, I think. So I guess we should just stick to looking at Light/Heavy MGs and Dual MGs as the go-to items for high tier questers.

We can keep Rifles (x2) and buff their PVE damage, but they will still be bad compared to MGs due to lack of ammo, I think. MGs are really heavy, slow you down, have a high reload time and bad accuracy, but they score with very high damage and huge mag size. So there's a balance. I'm afraid if we buff PVE Rifles too hard and increase their mag size, there would be no reason for MGs to exist.
    i use pistols tho.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

MGs > Rifles

Seems like i gotta need to give my opinion here.

Granades: like someone said above, these aren't useless. I use them for some strategies in CQ. They aren't like 1/2 hits nades, but their weight + lvl 30 mythical dmg is worth for use. And 1/2 hit nades are worth, just use it before npcs spawn. (I mean, 2250 PvE dmg, how the hell you say they are worthless)

Rockets: While you might think these are pointless in quest, i'm using it for hit many npcs with 1 bullet. It is an AoE weapon, and the lvl 30 myth is 230 PvE, worth for some strategies and sometimes a fun weapon.

Speedy Dagger: lvl 30 myth is like 10 PvE, plus it has 25ms delay. A necessary weapon if you are going to stun bosses/npcs. Worth.

Riffles: Well, singles > x2. Riffles x2 weigh too much and their accuracy is trash, unless you arr going to shoot in a close distance, x2 aren't worth. Singles are so much better and idk why the hell they aren't on the actual droplist. Plus, if you gonna add many riffles x2 to the droplist, expand the limit weight.

SMGs: I think i am the only one that prefer an SMG x2 before a riffle (even a single one). Their accuracy is ok and the dps is great. There should be more smgs imo.

Pistols & Revs: Nice dmg, great accuracy, and low weight. Best alternative if you don't like riffles or smgs. I even use them with MGs x2.

Idk if this guy who made the suggestion is the typical quester who only plays with MGs x2. But i'm disagreed with most of his points. Only insta sword, granade launchers and sgs are worthless in quest. The rest, if you know how and when to use them, they're worth. Quest isn't only playable with MGs and riffles, though they're the most worth weapons for quests. Anyways, i would like to see more SMGs, Pistols, Revs and SINGLE Riffles in the new droplist.

NOTE: All of this is considering these weapons as secondary weapon in quest, bcz the main weapon will always be MG single or x2. That's why i'm saying that if you want to add riffles x2 and make them useful, expand the limit weight. Actually no one is using riffles x2 in quest bcz that shit (that and the fact of accuracy).
    Last edited by LostX; 08-03-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

11. The following 4 users say thank you to LostX for this useful post:

Beef (08-03-2020), Kohta (08-03-2020), Ommadawn (08-03-2020), Sake (08-03-2020)

Country
    Thanks
    Yes, grenades can be used at the start of quests like scrider to kill off the npcs that spawn near him. The same can be done if the players know the fight and shoot the npcs themselves right at the start, which would kill all the npcs within pretty much the same amount of time while not taking up weight and an equipment slot that could be used for meds or mags.

While rockets can be fun to use to do splash damage to grouped up npcs there's no need for them when dealing with bosses and npcs are usually killed before they can even get a chance to group up enough in the first place. Most of the time when npcs are grouped up is when someone is luring them away from the other players so they can focus just on the boss. The person luring them, avoids killing the npcs so they don't spawn near the boss again unless it's a npc that causes trouble like the big guys in broken golem.

The bosses and npcs that can be stunned can also be stunned just as easily with a normal dagger or by bfing. If your main goal is to finish as fast as possible though, it's less optimal to stun them because that's one less person shooting.

SMG/pistols/revs can all be used to kill npcs that are far away and do so quicker than an MGs but become less useful when sustained damage is needed which is why I said they could use weight/damage/capacity changes to make them a bit more useful.

I do agree SMGs are better than every rifle in their current state and I do use them along with my MGx2 as well at times. I've also used pistols and revs in the past as a secondary in scrider to deal with problematic npcs that are across the map from me.

The main reason I made these suggestion was to unclutter the drop table and if we're lucky to get revamped version of other weapons that are not completely up to par.

Edit: One thing in my opinion that could be done to make everyone happy is to remove less favorable drops from the most played quests, but have them still drop in every other quest. The only downside I can really see with doing this is that it may split up the community a bit too much.
    Last edited by Kohta; 08-03-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I agree about the rockets but I disagree about the nades, they are very usefull in some of the quests (Like school Quest).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information