Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Thanks for your feedback.

I'll remove rocket launchers / grenade launchers / grenades.

I didn't even bother to add pistols/revs/smgs to the latest dropsets because they're pretty much useless in quests. They are like rifles but worse.

MGs > Rifles

You really only need MGs, due to the huge ammo capacity (and damage), especially in harder quests where NPCs and bosses have an extremely high amount of health. Even if we were to add an ammo capacity buff (or damage buff) to pistols/revs/smgs they would still be pretty bad compared to Rifles and MGs, I think. So I guess we should just stick to looking at Light/Heavy MGs and Dual MGs as the go-to items for high tier questers.

We can keep Rifles (x2) and buff their PVE damage, but they will still be bad compared to MGs due to lack of ammo, I think. MGs are really heavy, slow you down, have a high reload time and bad accuracy, but they score with very high damage and huge mag size. So there's a balance. I'm afraid if we buff PVE Rifles too hard and increase their mag size, there would be no reason for MGs to exist.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Kohta (08-02-2020), Satan (08-02-2020)

Sake's Avatar One

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

I didn't even bother to add pistols/revs/smgs to the latest dropsets because they're pretty much useless in quests. They are like rifles but worse.

MGs > Rifles

You really only need MGs, due to the huge ammo capacity (and damage), especially in harder quests where NPCs and bosses have an extremely high amount of health. Even if we were to add an ammo capacity buff (or damage buff) to pistols/revs/smgs they would still be pretty bad compared to Rifles and MGs, I think. So I guess we should just stick to looking at Light/Heavy MGs and Dual MGs as the go-to items for high tier questers.

We can keep Rifles (x2) and buff their PVE damage, but they will still be bad compared to MGs due to lack of ammo, I think. MGs are really heavy, slow you down, have a high reload time and bad accuracy, but they score with very high damage and huge mag size. So there's a balance. I'm afraid if we buff PVE Rifles too hard and increase their mag size, there would be no reason for MGs to exist.
    i use pistols tho.

LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

Country
    Thanks

MGs > Rifles

Seems like i gotta need to give my opinion here.

Granades: like someone said above, these aren't useless. I use them for some strategies in CQ. They aren't like 1/2 hits nades, but their weight + lvl 30 mythical dmg is worth for use. And 1/2 hit nades are worth, just use it before npcs spawn. (I mean, 2250 PvE dmg, how the hell you say they are worthless)

Rockets: While you might think these are pointless in quest, i'm using it for hit many npcs with 1 bullet. It is an AoE weapon, and the lvl 30 myth is 230 PvE, worth for some strategies and sometimes a fun weapon.

Speedy Dagger: lvl 30 myth is like 10 PvE, plus it has 25ms delay. A necessary weapon if you are going to stun bosses/npcs. Worth.

Riffles: Well, singles > x2. Riffles x2 weigh too much and their accuracy is trash, unless you arr going to shoot in a close distance, x2 aren't worth. Singles are so much better and idk why the hell they aren't on the actual droplist. Plus, if you gonna add many riffles x2 to the droplist, expand the limit weight.

SMGs: I think i am the only one that prefer an SMG x2 before a riffle (even a single one). Their accuracy is ok and the dps is great. There should be more smgs imo.

Pistols & Revs: Nice dmg, great accuracy, and low weight. Best alternative if you don't like riffles or smgs. I even use them with MGs x2.

Idk if this guy who made the suggestion is the typical quester who only plays with MGs x2. But i'm disagreed with most of his points. Only insta sword, granade launchers and sgs are worthless in quest. The rest, if you know how and when to use them, they're worth. Quest isn't only playable with MGs and riffles, though they're the most worth weapons for quests. Anyways, i would like to see more SMGs, Pistols, Revs and SINGLE Riffles in the new droplist.

NOTE: All of this is considering these weapons as secondary weapon in quest, bcz the main weapon will always be MG single or x2. That's why i'm saying that if you want to add riffles x2 and make them useful, expand the limit weight. Actually no one is using riffles x2 in quest bcz that shit (that and the fact of accuracy).
    Last edited by LostX; 08-03-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

IGN: Sinon & Lost

Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

5. The following 4 users say thank you to LostX for this useful post:

Beef (08-03-2020), Kohta (08-03-2020), Ommadawn (08-03-2020), Sake (08-03-2020)

Thanks

MGs > Rifles

SMGs are okay to remove, but I disagree to remove explosives, I use them on army men quest, also you should add Sniper quest items for army men. Rifles are also really useful in Challenge quest and Army men

Thread Information