Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    Ive had this suggestion in mind since ijji, its a bit unorthodox and I know it wont be approved, but I just wanted to get this idea off my mind as it has been bugging me for years

The suggestion is to remove the need to "reloadshot" for shotguns, what I mean is to make it reload automatically, without pressing R to cancel the animation. I think the kstyle meta shouldve been supported by ijji and to raise the skill-ceiling for the whole game and make it easier for new players anyway, idk why they didnt do anything like that.

Right now if a player who hasnt played gunz in years joins FGunZ, well that player would need a TON of practice and many many hours to combine reload with slash shots. If the game does it automatically, or the animation cancels itself out, it would make it much easier and fun for newbie players to learn, they would also be dependent on this meta and on FGunZ as other servers will have an inferior gameplay (much like [R] and [IA] being the sole reason for some noobies to play FG). Think in terms of future, think in terms of new players and keeping the game alive.

What this would do in my opinion:
    It would change the gameplay in a way that favours new players, keeping the game alive
    It would make it much easier to do moves & kstyle, raising the skill-ceiling
    It would not affect old players much, since reloading is second-nature to them anyways
    It would raise dependence on freestylegunz since other servers will use the old meta
    It would attract more newbie players to freestylegunz, since they just wanna feel gunz for a few weeks, new players dont want to learn for hours and hours and hours.
    And new players give up on gunz since it takes many months to even reloadshot properly making it easier for completely new people will raise the playerbase with fresh starters, Ive met many complete newbies or oldgens whove quit gunz, but those people cant even slash shot anymore, we have to consider them as well. It is a tactical and sustainable mindset.

I hope some people can see my perspective of thinking in terms of future and a sustainable playerbase of new players. The whole of gunz playerbase is maybe 400 across the whole world, so now I think is a very tactical time to make such a change, as fgunz is the best and smoothest server available. FGunZ can change the meta, I believe it

Last edited by Amers; 10-01-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Satan's Avatar 야~ 기분 딱 조타!

Country
    Thanks
    That's exactly how Gunz 2 died.

I don't think your suggestion will make newbies keep playing this game.
    At this point, we dont expect new comers tbh, there are bunch of better and easier games than Gunz.
    I bet there will be more people leaving this server than newcomers if reloadshot is removed.

Just look around some threads regarding to GL and Sniper, ppl already cried a river there.
    so obv how ppl will react if rs is removed.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    That's exactly how Gunz 2 died.

I don't think your suggestion will make newbies keep playing this game.
    At this point, we dont expect new comers tbh, there are bunch of better and easier games than Gunz.
    I bet there will be more people leaving this server than newcomers if reloadshot is removed.

Just look around some threads regarding to GL and Sniper, ppl already cried a river there.
    so obv how ppl will react if rs is removed.
    Ive met a bunch of people who are new comers after a 10~ year hiatus etc, and ive only been playing for a few weeks atm, so i dont really see why we shouldnt expect new comers? Why would people be upset and leave the server if the game is made easier, when [R] and [IA] tag got removed people were upset, because the game was made harder.

Again Ive been away from the gunz community for a while and I can really see a mentality difference, the people currently playing want the game to stay the same/not get changed, but they need to realize in a couple of years there wont be a gunz anymore it will eventually die if new players dont join in

It could be made in to a room tag and testers could test it, cwers etc

Movement without the need to reloadshot will be much more easier and smoother so newbies can also have a chance at learning, Im interested what other people think of that

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    You do understand maiet/ijji never intended these mechanics? They were born by discovery of users.

Kstyle and any other style weren't core game mechanics. Therefore they shouldn't be changed as they weren't the intended way to play. Fcking koreans just made it hard for all newbies.

This game is also not something "new players" will discover. It's made of communities already knowing the game and the original is dead. Finding a game based on it's private server community isn't something that happens easily.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Juriën View Post
    You do understand maiet/ijji never intended these mechanics? They were born by discovery of users.

Kstyle and any other style weren't core game mechanics. Therefore they shouldn't be changed as they weren't the intended way to play. Fcking koreans just made it hard for all newbies.

This game is also not something "new players" will discover. It's made of communities already knowing the game and the original is dead. Finding a game based on it's private server community isn't something that happens easily.
    Yea i realize that, thats why I said im surprised ijji never made kstyle even easier, since the accidental glitches became a really interesting and cool game dynamic.

And ya true, i dont expect completely new players, but people whove played the game in ijji/aeria coming back for nostalgia and maybe if its made a bit easier for them there will be a higher chance of them staying

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think making it easier will make people suddenly come back. The whole thing about this game is that it's hard now and that's what keeps people around.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Remove the aspect of it taking skill to play the game (well, better than someone who cant do a certain move), is how you kill the game.

8. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Juriën (10-01-2020)

Thanks
    its not smart since rs also has levels of skills
    some players rs faster than others
    its stupid making it automatic

10. The following user said thank you to mamon8521 for this useful post:

Skilly (10-09-2020)

Thread Information