Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Since when do we warn players for minor spikes?
    Since when u guys dont warn people for minor spikes?

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Since when u guys dont warn people for minor spikes?
    When I meant minor - A player who spiked once or twice in a duel or in a TDM while fighting.

Of course we still warn players who spike / teleport consistently.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Pingping View Post
    im pretty sure the movements spiked else angry wouldn't even bother reporting

- - - Updated - - -

Spikes doesn't have to be huge to be unplayable. Little spikes makes a huge difference since they can just spike out of ur crosshair. Even if it's little its still going to be annoying.

I wasnt in their game and didn't see the footage but the replies tony made was rlly weird...
    It shall be discussed in our staff/gm chat if needed, thanks for your concern.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Lol camon.. 40-10 is a down spike, 50~120 is an up spike. A down spike is a good thing.. In the SS his main ping stays consistent at 40 and a couple are at 15-20~ how is that spiking? A spike is when the ping is at 15 consistently and it goes up to 50 for example and not when its consistently 40 then goes DOWN to 20 once in a while. Thats my take on this.

edit: lol if theyd punish for such minor spikes (spike is when something goes UPWARDS at a sharp rate) me and half the server would be banned

thread ended
    Last edited by Amers; 10-25-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Lol camon.. 40-10 is a down spike, 50~120 is an up spike. A down spike is a good thing.. In the SS his main ping stays consistent at 40 and a couple are at 15-20~ how is that spiking? A spike is when the ping is at 15 consistently and it goes up to 50 for example and not when its consistently 40 then goes DOWN to 20 once in a while. Thats my take on this.

edit: lol if theyd punish for such minor spikes (spike is when something goes UPWARDS at a sharp rate) me and half the server would be banned

https://i.imgur.com/LwJDXrB.png

thread ended
    You have a unique way of thinking (special). His normal ping is 10-15 for dutch people. In spike reports you try to show screenshots of their normal ping (in this case its 15) and screenshots where he is spiking (40+ pings in this case). It is to show that something is wrong. Why would someone report a player that has..... ''DOWN SPIKE''?

And yeah you should be punished for minor spikes.

5. The following user said thank you to Shang for this useful post:

Amers (10-25-2020)

Banned

Country
    Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/LwJDXrB.png

thread ended
    Another random popped up nice...
    But it's good to know that people like u think it's okay to spike between 40 ping.
    Lets make a new rule where people are allowed to spike between 10-40 ping now!!!!
    Last edited by Pingping; 10-25-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Pingping View Post
    Another random popped up nice...
    But it's good to know that people like u think it's okay to spike between 40 ping.
    Lets make a new rule where people are allowed to spike between 10-40 ping now!!!!
    I actually lost some braincells by reading ur reply.. it took some time for me to understand ur stupid ass logic. So u basicly said pings can actually drop down by 40 from ur regular ping LMFAO??

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Down spikes... what ? Lol

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    From what I gathered from the SS it seemed like Matties ping was mainly 40 going down to 15, but even if It was mainly 15 in game and going up to 40, that is not a punishable spike. Spiking affects the game-play only at the high end, so anything from 40 up id say, if Matties ping was going from 40-80~ that actually has game affecting inconsistency.

becus, if the server is receiving a packet loss of 25ms and the players ping overall is 15, it is still at a reasonable response time to the server, if the players ping overall is 40 and the packet loss is 25ms, thats a packet loss ontop of a 40ms response time, now that combined would affect how everything is sent around the servers especially in a p2p network. From my understanding, my take is, its useless to report a player for spike at 15-40 because it doesnt affect the gameplay so much it could be considered spiking.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with Amers and don't think spikes that go down should be punishable, it literally enhances the experience if you spike down, it doesn't hurt it.

I'm happy to not have to deal with any of these issues personally, as in the UK I'm at a constant 0 ping (proof attached).

Untitled.png

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    From what I gathered from the SS it seemed like Matties ping was mainly 40 going down to 15, but even if It was mainly 15 in game and going up to 40, that is not a punishable spike. Spiking affects the game-play only at the high end, so anything from 40 up id say, if Matties ping was going from 40-80~ that actually has game affecting inconsistency.

becus, if the server is receiving a packet loss of 25ms and the players ping overall is 15, it is still at a reasonable response time to the server, if the players ping overall is 40 and the packet loss is 25ms, thats a packet loss ontop of a 40ms response time, now that combined would affect how everything is sent around the servers especially in a p2p network. From my understanding, my take is, its useless to report a player for spike at 15-40 because it doesnt affect the gameplay so much it could be considered spiking.
    Stop replying dude... this thread is out of ur league. People are losing braincells. Stick to training rooms and making gunz wedding video's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information