Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Hello, and thank you for taking your time and reading this suggestion.

I had a few things in mind regarding FGunZ, which might or might not be worth adding/removing/bringing back.

Infected

Infected was one of the most loved/played game modes in FGunZ, it was extremely well-coded (imo) and it just worked the way it did. Although I'm aware we're working with 100-ish player count instead of 300, I'd like to make the suggestion to re-add the old infected (aswell as keeping this one maybe). V8 definitely has it ups over V7, for sure, but this mode completely died when it got reworked.

Room Tags

What made FGunZ unique in the past, were tags like [R] [IA]. I know the reason behind removing these tags, it was to prevent camping if I recall correctly. Now, just like like than, there was an option to either add it to ur room or not. I really hope this will be brough back.

Stun Grenades Launchers

Absolute game killers, every tdm dies with these tags, and the garden rooms are just one big spam of nades if there's no EX-tag included. No fun at all. Please remove.

Duel Rooms

Remove the ability for VIP players to join full 2/2 4/4 8/8 duel rooms, it's impossible these days to find 1v1's without pming someone and making a room with a password.

Thank you for reading, hope some of it made sense!

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Infected

Infected was one of the most loved/played game modes in FGunZ, it was extremely well-coded (imo) and it just worked the way it did. Although I'm aware we're working with 100-ish player count instead of 300, I'd like to make the suggestion to re-add the old infected (aswell as keeping this one maybe). V8 definitely has it ups over V7, for sure, but this mode completely died when it got reworked.
    I couldn't agree more, I used to play it a lot in the past but I remember I've stopped playing it at one point, I don't remember exactly why but lots of users have stopped playing it as well.
    Room Tags

What made FGunZ unique in the past, were tags like [R] [IA]. I know the reason behind removing these tags, it was to prevent camping if I recall correctly. Now, just like like than, there was an option to either add it to ur room or not. I really hope this will be brough back.
    In my opinion, the main reason why it was removed is because it literally killed the 'skills'. With infinite ammo and fast reloading, it doesn't even matter if you hit or miss because you can quickly shoot again and you do not have to worry about running out of ammo. So people were camping, potshotting, spamming bullets without even putting much effort. I personally think it should stay that way but let's see what others think about it.

Stun Grenades Launchers

Absolute game killers, every tdm dies with these tags, and the garden rooms are just one big spam of nades if there's no EX-tag included. No fun at all. Please remove.
    Some people say it's very fun and some people say it's very annoying, there's nothing in the middle, you either hate it or love it. I personally never played with stuns and I always search for TDMs with the EX roomtag but I know many others use it (mainly in AnD and Garden rooms) which is why I don't mind keeping it, don't wanna take their fun.

Duel Rooms

Remove the ability for VIP players to join full 2/2 4/4 8/8 duel rooms, it's impossible these days to find 1v1's without pming someone and making a room with a password.
    But then people will be like "what's the point of buying the VIP rank?". There are many VIPs nowadays and not all of them participating the VIP events, some people literally buy it to be able to join full rooms. Let's say we're taking that possibility away, then we either have to add something else to make it worth or to refund it just like we did with the old donation items when we changed their stats.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Amers (12-24-2020), Ray (12-23-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I couldn't agree more, I used to play it a lot in the past but I remember I've stopped playing it at one point, I don't remember exactly why but lots of users have stopped playing it as well.

In my opinion, the main reason why it was removed is because it literally killed the 'skills'. With infinite ammo and fast reloading, it doesn't even matter if you hit or miss because you can quickly shoot again and you do not have to worry about running out of ammo. So people were camping, potshotting, spamming bullets without even putting much effort. I personally think it should stay that way but let's see what others think about it.

Some people say it's very fun and some people say it's very annoying, there's nothing in the middle, you either hate it or love it. I personally never played with stuns and I always search for TDMs with the EX roomtag but I know many others use it (mainly in AnD and Garden rooms) which is why I don't mind keeping it, don't wanna take their fun.

But then people will be like "what's the point of buying the VIP rank?". There are many VIPs nowadays and not all of them participating the VIP events, some people literally buy it to be able to join full rooms. Let's say we're taking that possibility away, then we either have to add something else to make it worth or to refund it just like we did with the old donation items when we changed their stats.
    I'm just saying this shouldn't apply to ALL rooms. Just duels with 2/2 4/4 people for example.
    Last edited by Ray; 12-23-2020 at 10:59 PM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Helyum View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Hello, and thank you for taking your time and reading this suggestion.

I had a few things in mind regarding FGunZ, which might or might not be worth adding/removing/bringing back.

Infected

Infected was revamped because people stopped playing it, not visa versa. It was revamped because it was dead. The revamp did give it a boost and made some people play it again, but not for long. Btw. I think Infected V2 is like Infected V1, but better. It has all the features of V1 and a few more, so I honestly don't see how V1 would be better than V2.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Infected was revamped because people stopped playing it, not visa versa. It was revamped because it was dead. The revamp did give it a boost and made some people play it again, but not for long. Btw. I think Infected V2 is like Infected V1, but better. It has all the features of V1 and a few more, so I honestly don't see how V1 would be better than V2.
    Agreed, it has some neat perks to it, which definitely makes it more interesting than it was before, but this is all about nostalgia.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    (1) (Infected) - Declined, the revamping of Infected made it more playable and newer classes that were added recently further increased player's playing infected.
    (2) (Room Tags) - Declined - Adding these tags back is not plausible, some modes have one or both of these tags, and that is already a compromise.
    (3) (Stun Grenade Launchers) - Declined. If you don't like it use EX
    (4) (Duel Rooms) - Have Been Added, in a recent update, "Added a game room option so players can choose whether or not VIPs should be able to join their full rooms".

Spoiler!

Thread Information