Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion: FGunZ

Description:
    Getting kicked gives the player a cooldown instead of being blocked from the room for infinity.

Additional description:
    A cooldown system as follows:
    [For Competitive rooms]
    Player gets kicked once: 30 minute cooldown - Maybe it was just a misunderstanding
    Player gets kicked twice: 60 minute cooldown - Someone might be kick-abusing
    Player gets kicked for the third time: Infinitely kicked - The player is being kicked suspiciously repetitively..
    [For Training modes]
    Player gets kicked once: 10 minute cooldown - A warning, it might be a training room, but dont annoy others!
    Player gets kicked twice: 60 minute cooldown - No need for infinite kicks, its just a training room, nothing competitive, if the player hasn't cooled off and is still annoying the players, the cycle continues. But after a 60 minute cooldown, there's a high chance he doesn't want to sit in the lobby anymore and has cooled of

My reasoning behind this change would be that there aren't many rooms available and the kick system is based off of old ijji with 100s of rooms and the reason it was so strict back then was because of the haxors. Now the community is smaller with fewer rooms, so the same system doesn't apply that well. This would also kind of prevent kick-abuse when staff are offline.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

2. The following 6 users say thank you to Amers for this useful post:

GeorgeGFX (12-26-2020), Jordan (12-26-2020), RlCK (12-27-2020), SkyWodka (12-27-2020), TomasEdison (12-26-2020), YuanJr (12-27-2020)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    I absolutely agree and support your suggestion. A cooldown system would be helpful, and it won't require staff members who are online to unkick/pkick from rooms every time continuously. On the other hand, there could be rooms with several players who want someone out for no reason, and since they're the majority, he will automatically get kicked for the first, second, and third time. Therefore, there should be made strict rules accordingly regarding those who are abusing that system.
    About the time duration of a kick: this could be discussable, even though I personally don't mind it.

+1.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

4. The following user said thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

Amers (12-26-2020)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I absolutely agree and support your suggestion. A cooldown system would be helpful, and it won't require staff members who are online to unkick/pkick from rooms every time continuously. On the other hand, there could be rooms with several players who want someone out for no reason, and since they're the majority, he will automatically get kicked for the first, second, and third time. Therefore, there should be made strict rules accordingly regarding those who are abusing that system.
    About the time duration of a kick: this could be discussable, even though I personally don't mind it.

+1.
    Yup, for sure! I just added the duration as a demo.

Also an additional idea I had:
    If a player wants to kick someone, they must add a reason too. /kick Amers cheating in AnD!
    Amers is being kicked for cheating in AnD! Y / N - This gives the rest of the room an idea of what they're being kicked for and wont just press Y automatically to make the vote kick disappear or because if someones being kicked that means they are automatically in the wrong.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

6. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

TomasEdison (12-26-2020)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Yup, for sure! I just added the duration as a demo.

Also an additional idea I had:
    If a player wants to kick someone, they must add a reason too. /kick Amers cheating in AnD!
    Amers is being kicked for cheating in AnD! Y / N - This gives the rest of the room an idea of what they're being kicked for and wont just press Y automatically to make the vote kick disappear or because if someones being kicked that means they are automatically in the wrong.
    Yeah, a possibility for typing a reason for the vote-kick would be necessary as well. Besides, it kinda reminds me of the kick system in V7.
    Another idea which I thought about by reading your reply is to add a small sticker on one of the sides of the screen which fully shows the vote-kick for those who couldn't see the message popping up on time at the bottom of the screen, and thus, they will be able to spot the reason for the kick and vote accordingly.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Working on it. Although my idea was that every kick only lasts 10 minutes, and you only get a kick every 10 minutes. So you can no longer rejoin to get new kicks, but you can practically rekick the same user every 10 minutes once he rejoins (using the only kick you have) (and the majority of people vote Y). Of course the rules regarding excessive use of (unfair) kicks should still be in place. I think that 60 minutes or indefinite kicks are unfair if there are only very few rooms as you said.

9. The following 5 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amers (12-27-2020), Divine (12-27-2020), Faky (12-27-2020), Jonathan pls (12-27-2020), TomasEdison (12-27-2020)

Thread Information