Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Though Shang has a point. We didn't really give the bigger hitboxes a proper chance because the gladders complained which made us roll back that change the same day. So yeah I could increase the hitbox size again, but this time make it so it's only increased in games that aren't glad / team glad / [glad] / glad cw, as to not affect gladders.
    Good idea! What do you think of this one? Hitbox increase.. with.. spread fix?! That's good because no more complaining, no way in hell anyones going to get a spread generated that ruins their kill, killstreak, clanwar or day. Players are happy, no more complaining, problem solved. That's going to be really cool!

-

And if you were curious about what I did to the spread, first of all, when it comes to the gunz source, so I couldn't use many braincells, hours or Einstein logic and just made

#define RANDOMFLOAT_FIX (rand() % (500 * 2)) / 1000.f
    float fForce = RANDOMFLOAT_FIX * SHOTGUN_DIFFUSE_RANGE; // new
    and thats all.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah, good point Shang.

Amers has a good point, but Amers didn't fully fix the problem you have. The problem you have with the spray is that some shots don't deal the damage you expect. He reduced the amount of randomization. Though less randomization / more consistency is good, as you can see there is still randomization, so there are still pellets landing at random spots, just less often, but in conclusion that means it's still gonna happen and even if it only happens 10% of the time, you're still gonna be real pissed about those 10%. You know what I'm saying?

Though Shang has a point. We didn't really give the bigger hitboxes a proper chance because the gladders complained which made us roll back that change the same day. So yeah I could increase the hitbox size again, but this time make it so it's only increased in games that aren't glad / team glad / [glad] / glad cw, as to not affect gladders.

If it's easier to slash people with a bigger hitbox I can't wait to piss people off by only spb'ing in CW.

Serious though, why is there inconsistency in the shots, does the randomness have to be there? I would be happy if i know what shots deal high dmg up close and get used to those.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Jonathan pls for this useful post:

Amers (01-15-2021), Tzunami best0 (01-15-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    iirc that wasn't to do with a bigger hitbox directly, it was with some changes to the head of the character that completely broke some mechanics if I'm not wrong, regardless, couldn't you have 2 different hitboxes for anti-lead and LEAD based weapons like melee, nades & rockets so that those stay unaffected?

Country
    Thanks

Maybe use a Fermant Spiral pattern? Here's a few with varied divergence angles.

Edit:
    Be aware that our hitbox and shotgun spread are the original ones. They're exactly what it's always been in GunZ on the official servers. (So you're really complaining about the original shotgun spread and hitboxes)

I told you [the community] about the random shotgun spray and it was brought up a long time ago by players, some of you have been there and seen it, we've done multiple attempts to fix it and gave players different options and let you play with different spreads for weeks (or months) even. All in all most of you said they want the original spread back, Ganggbangg is right that I told you it would not fix the issue of inconsistent damage and probably only make it worse, but most of you still wanted the SGV (vanilla) spread - and you got it. (I didn't wanna say I told you so, but yeah I told you so)

Shotguns with 12 pellets are certainly never gonna be perfect, that's just not possible with shotguns w/ large spray and this low amount of pellets (you see the same inconsistency in other popular games).

But at least it currently is the original, untouched, vanilla GunZ way.
    Now that I think about it. Not fixing anything might be the way to go. RNG creates a lot of clusters which is actually the clustering illusion, so players may be experiencing something similar to the Texas sharpshooter fallacy, where people focus on where they didn't hit. In other words, people will complain no matter what.
    Last edited by Frooples; 01-16-2021 at 05:12 AM.

6. The following 3 users say thank you to Frooples for this useful post:

Divine (01-16-2021), McSic (01-16-2021), StephanM (01-21-2021)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Frooples View Post

https://i.ibb.co/ZLHvGh2/spread.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/g7P8HrW/shotgun-Patterns.png

If they don't line up with the model/hitbox you'll have people deal less damage than expected (at close range) due to bullets missing the hitbox, so ideally you want a large spray that also covers most of the hitbox at close range.

8. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amers (01-16-2021)

Thanks

https://i.ibb.co/ZLHvGh2/spread.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/g7P8HrW/shotgun-Patterns.png

Now that I think about. Not fixing anything might be the way to go. RNG creates a lot of clusters which is actually the clustering illusion, so players may be experiencing something like the inverse of the Texas sharpshooter fallacy, where people focus on where they didn't hit. In other words, people will complain no matter what.

That pretty much sums it up, yes.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    [/B]That pretty much sums it up, yes.
    I don't think thats correct. This is the only server where i sometimes feel severly disadvantaged because of the weird damage.

Somehow i don't experience this issue on other servers and i don't see people from other servers complain about the damage either.

There should be a way to tackle this issue since other servers have somehow managed to do so.

Even though its a pain in the ass i would really consider to add the SG4 spread to clanwars so there can be a direct comparison or find another way that can potentially improve it because it really feels off a lot of times

11. The following user said thank you to Ganggbangg for this useful post:

Halcyon (01-21-2021)

Thanks
    Some changes were done in the upcoming update.

13. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Amers (01-21-2021), Ice (01-21-2021)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    This one is lit.

15. The following 2 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Amers (01-21-2021), Jordan (01-21-2021)

Jordan's Avatar Cloud9 💨 💨 💨

Country
    Thanks