Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    To add a checkbox that enables ijji hp bar and effects (round win/lose, hit marker etc)

(I presume this could be done, since there's already an option to switch between old v8 hp bar and new cool looking one)

There was a short discussion on the discord server about adding an ijji interface as an option, because some people would like that, but we came to the conclusion that it takes too much time to make it compatible with fg and it wouldn't be worth it as not many people would use it - I totally agree with that, so taking that in to consideration, I think it would be a pretty cool idea to at least have an option for the old hp bar and effects (for nostalgic purposes)

Would anyone also like this? Make yourself be seen.

"Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

μ

Country
    Thanks
    how i remember it (and disclaimer, this might be dated so take it with a grain of salt) is that in the gunz files, the interface is essentially a bunch of images packed into a compiled file (.gz or .fg or whatever it is). im not sure if anything similar to what you've suggested has been added recently, but this would just bloat the game files if it were added as a toggleable option.

what they could do is release the ijji interface skin and you can just copy and replace the one in the game files. but then again, this might not function correctly if the button placement differs from the ijji interface. anyway **** do i know. im no dev

edit

nevermind, i just actually read your post and you mentioned they've got a toggleable option to change hp bar. i guess this would work then, but depends if they want to increase the game size
    Last edited by Shino; 01-19-2021 at 11:53 PM.

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    how i remember it (and disclaimer, this might be dated so take it with a grain of salt) is that in the gunz files, the interface is essentially a bunch of images packed into a compiled file (.gz or .fg or whatever it is). im not sure if anything similar to what you've suggested has been added recently, but this would just bloat the game files if it were added as a toggleable option.

what they could do is release the ijji interface skin and you can just copy and replace the one in the game files. but then again, this might not function correctly if the button placement differs from the ijji interface. anyway **** do i know. im no dev

edit

nevermind, i just actually read your post and you mentioned they've got a toggleable option to change hp bar. i guess this would work then, but depends if they want to increase the game size
    Yep you have a good point about the game size.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Thread Information