Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    https://mega.nz/#F!sHBSSYKK!phHYBL7xbU6lqtKmb3RmWQ

you can find here 3dsmax 2010+plug ins also blender.
    Where did ya find this?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    can we do this possible?
    model in blender and export the model as FBX or OBJ with the textures
    then import it to 3ds 2010 then export it as .elu file?
    This is what I do.
    I mainly use 3DS for animating, rigging, collision work for maps and exporting everything, I model the rest in Blender.

For the easy way you could use GTK radiant for maps, the cons are memory leaks, collision issues (hidden unwanted walls etc.), the pros are quick and fast maps like Skillmaps, requires less research and thinking to make a map work.

The other way is to model your whole map by hand in Blender or 3DSmax (2010), learn stuff about 3D modeling and go more indept on maps, this requires more time and effort obviously.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This is what I do.
    I mainly use 3DS for animating, rigging, collision work for maps and exporting everything, I model the rest in Blender.

For the easy way you could use GTK radiant for maps, the cons are memory leaks, collision issues (hidden unwanted walls etc.), the pros are quick and fast maps like Skillmaps, requires less research and thinking to make a map work.

The other way is to model your whole map by hand in Blender or 3DSmax (2010), learn stuff about 3D modeling and go more indept on maps, this requires more time and effort obviously.
    Lets say I want to eventually make maps like Town, Castle, Port etc, what way would you recommend?

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Why don't you try to get started on GTK radiant and see if you like map-making in general? Pretty easy to use and also fun. I've been a map developer at a few servers using only GTK, I've made some pretty dope maps but unfortunately I've lost all progress on my old HDD.
    I've been planning to make new maps for FG, unfortunately life keeps getting harder and I have less and less time by the day. PM me if you need help starting on GTK

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bizzey View Post
    Lets say I want to eventually make maps like Town, Castle, Port etc, what way would you recommend?
    3DSmax/Blender.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information