Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ ingame

Suggestion description:
    So I do like the overall idea of the shading bar over the chatbox ingame, but I think next patch you guys should have it scaled down to like 10%, so that way really dark color code names aren't totally dulled out and players have to look around for a bright spot on their screen much more frequently than before.

I spoke with Ommadawn about this issue, and he said that his remedy for it was to change the opacity of it which is an option in the settings. I understand it can be edited in the settings but I was unaware of that up to that point and with it being everyone's default that means that every player will have issues seeing dark color code names, so next patch please scale down the base transparency. Love the change overall though!

I am not posting a cropped screenshot of the chat because if you can only read it by zooming in, what more proof do you need

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I always thought a colored box should engulf the space assigned to the chatbox, and not reliant on the map background. I think adding a border around text can help solve this issue. if a color is considered 'dark', it can have a white border.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Or an option to swap between dark (black) and light (white)..?

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    If '^6'
    Box_color(255,255,255)
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Or an option to swap between dark (black) and light (white)..?

The biggest thing is that the default setting shouldn't make it so nobody can read the text of dark color codes such as ^6 or ^O

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Just noticed this, but I feel like the default value shouldn't be something as high as 80 either. I feel like the default value should be something like 20. With 20, the chat opacity would still discolor the text field, but it won't make reading dark colors a hard thing to do.

Spoiler!

Thread Information