Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    Hey everyone,
    I've been inactive for a while but I've had FGunZ downloaded on my new laptop and I logged in a couple of times before.
    Previously I tried to launch GunZ and play a bit but Kaspersky anti virus warned me that GunZ.exe or so is a harmful file, which I obviously ignored.
    after giving GunZ permission to launch I got a blue screen, my pc loading/deleted something the I had to restart it, after that I noticed that some of my files are white and ends with .JDYI which I know is a ransomware ... I was kinda shocked but still not sure, can I get Ransomware through gunz?
    and if anyone who knows how can I effectively get rid of it without deleting everything and installing windows, I'll be thankful for tips
    some screenshot of kaspersky's notification during that time https://imgur.com/a/fjRbra0
    In Game:^BS^9cava^E & ^6F^9adi^7

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    No, it is not possible that you got it through the original files FGunZ. If it did get triggered after you tried to launch FGunZ then the FGunZ files were not original and modified by malware. This is caused by either something you downloaded & installed or outdated software on your PC that has been exploited.

Go to https://geeksadvice.com/remove-jdyi-ransomware-virus/ for information on removal and decryption.
    If you have no important information on your PC then I'd just completely re-install Windows.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick answer, I've already cleared the laptop of any malware using spyhunter (Hopefully works) but I will be trying the decryption guide, just wanted to make sure the source wasn't FGunZ related.
    can't seem to get rid of malware these days..
    you can close the thread as it has been answered. thanks again
    In Game:^BS^9cava^E & ^6F^9adi^7

Thread Information