Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    I was just wondering what you guys think about this.

More often than not, people get kicked out of rooms such as duel or TDM for using anything other than shotguns. In my opinion, this should not be allowed. There are room modifications such as SGO for people who want to play vs shotguns only. It has come to the point where I don't join certain rooms simply because I know people will complain about me using another style of weapon.

My proposal: Don't allow people to kick others for simply using another style of weapon. If they do, they'll get a warning.

Let me know what you think.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I agree with what you said in the beginning, if people want to play vs shotguns only then they can use the SGO roomtag or if they do not want people to use mines/rockets/nades then they can use the EX roomtag.

However, we are less strict about kicks now since kicks stay for only 10 mins now (and not a permanent kick like it used to be before). In case it happens, you can always contact one of the online staff members. Overall, if someone constantly kicks you for using a different weapon then yea it can lead to a punishment.

*Note: You can write in the title things like "No daggers" - if someone joins with a dagger then the kick would be valid.

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I agree with what you said in the beginning, if people want to play vs shotguns only then they can use the SGO roomtag or if they do not want people to use mines/rockets/nades then they can use the EX roomtag.

However, we are less strict about kicks now since kicks stay for only 10 mins now (and not a permanent kick like it used to be before). In case it happens, you can always contact one of the online staff members. Overall, if someone constantly kicks you for using a different weapon then yea it can lead to a punishment.

*Note: You can write in the title things like "No daggers" - if someone joins with a dagger then the kick would be valid.
    There is usually only one good room going on at a time, if I get kicked from that room I just log off and I think that's the case for more players.

I did expect to get this kind of response from the game moderators, so I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm curious to read the opinions of other players.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The biggest issue with anything related to the kick system at this point is that its unreasonably hard for the average player to do anything about getting kicked (besides hoping a staff member online would be kind enough to deal with their situation, which i think takes up unnecessary time from staff members to deal with every kick).

Players can't really report for kicks (youll note that 99.99% of reports related to kick abuse are declined), and most people don't even get close to the point where they are able to report because collecting evidence on kick abuse is so hard. It doesn't display in recordings, preventing gms from getting an accurate understanding of the situation based on screenshots alone.

If it does end up being the case that kicks for using non-shotgun weapons (or other rules preventing kicks for stupid reasons) is not allowed, then something needs to be done about collecting evidence if the rule is broken.

As bram said, despite the kick only being 10 minutes long, considering there's usually only 1 room the average player wants to play from the existing rooms, getting kicked from it, even if only for 10 minutes, would cause most players to just log off and do something else.

5. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Frooples (03-02-2021)

Thread Information