raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    Add chat command to change delay of training weapon 1 & 2. Effect lasts until exiting to gameroom/lobby.

Could be something like /delay1 "ms" and /delay2 "ms". Choice of delays would be any delay found in game for that weapon.
    Example when changing training shotgun 1 delay:

/delay1 1100

then a confirmation in chat that something happened ofc.

1 and 2 could either mean weapon positions, or use the numbers from already labeled training weapons.

/delay3 for melee weapons?

Edit:
    I'm mainly interested in getting the feel of 950ms, 1050ms and 1100ms delays without having to spend half the time reloading. Getting the actual weapons of your choice isn't a problem.

I'm sure there's more users who would love to train the same way they really play!
    Last edited by raib; 03-13-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    why would you want this?

raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I'd like to be able to spam-train with the same delays I'm going to play later with.

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Don't see a reason for this functionality to be added considering super low delay isn't supported on weapons which makes zero sense if you try to use something like 200-300 delay just to 'spam-train'.
    As for the reason "later with", you can either donate to get lowest delay or play 2 quests to literally get enough of high level that unlocks low delay weapons.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

5. The following 2 users say thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Amy (03-11-2021), Divine (03-13-2021)

raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I'm not after low delays. "Choice of delays would be any delay found in game for that weapon."
    I'm mainly interested in getting the feel of 950ms, 1050ms and 1100ms delays without having to spend half the time reloading. Getting the actual weapons of your choice isn't a problem.

I'm sure there's more users who would love to train the same way they really play!

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Great suggestion. The training shotties have different delays than the shotguns you are actually playing with later on, making the training super inefficient. Different versions of the training shotguns with different delays might also fix this.

8. The following user said thank you to Jonathan pls for this useful post:

raib (03-13-2021)

raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jonathan pls View Post
    ...Different versions of the training shotguns with different delays might also fix this.
    This crossed my mind too, but there would have to be like 20 more training shotguns ^^
    And with all other training weapons in mind the list of weapons would grow way too much, to the point of being annoying to scroll through. (Or maybe work around this by moving all training weapons to a new Training Weapon-category? Anyway, to keep things tidy and to anger no one with changes, I'd recommend a command)

thx for positive feedback

raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by GeorgeGFX View Post
    Don't see a reason for this functionality to be added considering super low delay isn't supported on weapons which makes zero sense if you try to use something like 200-300 delay just to 'spam-train'.
    As for the reason "later with", you can either donate to get lowest delay or play 2 quests to literally get enough of high level that unlocks low delay weapons.

https://cdn.betterttv.net/emote/5a26...84787d98534/2x
    Seriously puzzled why this post gets thanked as it completely misses the point of this addition and throws in a conclusion that is simply irrelevant.
    I probably just suck at presenting ideas... lol
    Time to edit.
    Last edited by raib; 03-13-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by raib View Post
    Seriously puzzled why this post gets thanked as it completely misses the point of this addition and throws in a conclusion that is simply irrelevant.
    I probably just suck at presenting ideas... lol
    The post is supported because people understand that coding something like this might be harder than is reasonable for a relatively small change. Having 2 versions of training weapons -- one with the lowest delay for a shotgun in the game and one with the highest should still be satisfactory, as playing with an "inbetween" delay is not something the average player would do for long (and thus not train with that specific delay).

Having a command for dynamic delays when in reality you would only use it for 2 different delays seems overkill.

raib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    people understand that coding something like this might be harder than is reasonable for a relatively small change.
    This is something for the host to decide. I don't see this as a reason to create imaginary faults.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Having 2 versions of training weapons -- one with the lowest delay for a shotgun in the game and one with the highest should still be satisfactory
    I feel this wouldn't be enough nor fitting. Limitbreakers are 950ms, psychobreaker 1050ms which you can only wield one of, propably adding a 1100ms H-donor shottie as the other. God complex 800ms, but donator L shotgun 850ms.
    Which way ever you build your best setup, you wont be using all lowest, all highest, nor all 1000ms - as far as I see

Thread Information