Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:

FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Is it possible to make using VPN bannable? Some people are abusing VPN to go into 160+ ping to gain an advantage in the game. As you may know high ping = a huge advantage in FGunZ for some weird reason. Using a VPN that's close to your country is fine, but abusing it to get 160 ping is IMO the same as using a third party program to gain an advantage.

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Overdrive for this useful post:

Jonathan pls (03-18-2021), o_o (03-18-2021), RlCK (03-18-2021), SENOR (03-18-2021)

Thanks
    I fully agree with Overdrive on this one, it's getting out of hand.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    To be fair, in the past VPNs were banned however due to problems in certain countries VPNs were allowed to be used so that players could even access the server. Also, I believe you cannot really tell who really needs to use a VPN and who abuses it, it seems to be quite a hassle to check if one really needs it or using it for an advantage. Anyway that's just my 2 cents.

Spoiler!

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    To be fair, in the past VPNs were banned however due to problems in certain countries VPNs were allowed to be used so that players could even access the server. Also, I believe you cannot really tell who really needs to use a VPN and who abuses it, it seems to be quite a hassle to check if one really needs it or using it for an advantage. Anyway that's just my 2 cents.
    U can pretty much tell who abuses vpn to gain any sort of advantage. Theres a few that i can throw in this thread, but id rather have this be bannnable rather than name all of em. If its bannable theyll stop im pretty sure. And im not saying ban ppl who use a vpn for access to the server, im saying ban ppl who abuse it. And u can def tell who abuses it and who doesnt.

León's Avatar Are you insane like me?

Country
    Thanks
    Same can be said for using /forcenat, instead of 5-20 ping u get 90-150, lol.

Country
    Thanks
    facts i support this men has the iq over 9000000

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Im not sure if its some people abusing VPN or just account sharing that some people do.
    For the VPN part, yes, please ban it. The +-150 ping abuse is super annoying.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    VPN's are not going to get banned, nor is it that easy to do anyway. If someone is abusing something to gain an unfair advantage in the game, you report them as usual.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thread Information