Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Aight's Avatar 1/1

Thanks
    Hello everyone, this time I decided to make this small Giveaway but with a rule of telling a little anecdote about how you started playing GunZ!

Number: 1-100

IGN: Aight

Anecdote: Well I started in ijji in 2006, after that until today I have played more than 20 Servers, which almost all have unfortunately already closed... I had the opportunity to be GameMaster in 2 Servers, one with more than 200 Users and the other more than 600... Here in Freestyle I had an account from 2007 or 2008, but I lost it... In 2011 I did Aight in the Servers, which is since that year that I have my Aight, Before Aight I only used a few names at Random that I prefer not to say... I must say that here in Freestyle is where I have had the most memories, the old days with my Clan and everything, it is something that I never forget and the most incredible of all is that Freestyle has never closed since 2007, like everyone else did, I already in a few years I plan to retire forever but not yet... I thank those who ever played and shared moments... Thank you very much!

There will be 5 winners of 100 Donation Coins, I will choose the winners by the random numbers not by the Anecdote, but you must!

Goodluck!

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Aight for this useful post:

King (04-15-2021), Kizie (04-20-2021), Person69 (04-15-2021)

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 69
    IGN: ^9Eeksdee^G

Anecdote: Started IJJI during 2006 after watching my elder brother play with his friends and I always had that thought of what the hell is this game about and ever since that my fingers started to become flexible.
    Last edited by Eeksdee; 04-15-2021 at 06:52 AM.

King's Avatar チャクラの母

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 8
    IGN: King

Anecdote: Started play year 2005 iGunZ i was a 1st year highschool age 13
    after class i went to net cafe before go home the 1st move i learned is crawling/tumbling using spray i remember the name of my spray "MAXWELL" L30 ?
    forgot hehe very unforgettable moment the pc are pentium 3 or 4 and the mice had a ball inside the funniest things i drag the mice faster
    and the ball came out inside passing thru the plastic cup of my friend plenty of quail egg . 16 years of playing until now but it's not consistent sometimes a play back and gone
    can't bring back the old memories that we achieve "OLD BUT GOLD" THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY OF FREESTYLE GUNZ SPECIALLY TO DAVE AND MCSIC inspiring us keep it up and long live !

© to GeorgeGFX for this avatar signature

5. The following user said thank you to King for this useful post:

Kizie (04-20-2021)

🖤

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 32

IGN: 666

Anecdote: Started ********unz around 2009, moved on to Israeli privates servers, found FGunz around 2012 played for 2 years. Quitted for 6-7 years and back 4 months ago again.
    found the game via friend bcuz I don't have older brothers xd

Dunkin's Avatar E X G O D

Country
    Thanks

Donut

I played GunZ back in the day. Joined fgunz in 2012 and in 2014 quit to go to college. Came back in 2020 and some how became a game moderator. End of story
    Last edited by Dunkin; 04-15-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Jash's Avatar A S D F

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 44
    IGN: ^9Semantic^V

Anecdote: Started playing way back around 2008/2009 in a Ph's gunz server. I as far as I remember, I was still in my 4th/5th grade and my brother was the one who pushed me to play. I was a sprayer back then in deathmatches and thinks that I am already so pro. After a few months, I have learned some basic k-styles and carried them on and in 2013, i've discovered fgunz because of my brother also. I have played fg from 2013 to 2015 then quits and came back just last year

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 12
    IGN: DarkenAge
    Anecdote: I went to my friend's house in 6th grade and he was playing gunz, he was doing IG and IS in duel rooms, i told him the game is boring..
    Next day I took his ID and PW and started playing on his acc lol

TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    Number: 77

IGN: ^1TonySoprano

Anecdote: I had my eyes set on FgunZ soon after the original one closed and I got my life back on track. I have been playing this game all my life, its a wave.

Country
    Thanks
    Number:22

IGN:Wuba
    Anecdote:Im starting fgunz 2014 thats all HAHAHAHAH

R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Came across this thread and thought it would be fun to share my story. Not in it for the reward, but if I have to participate to enter I'll take My lucky Number 7.

Started at the time igunz was around, which was somewhere 2005, was always convinced that I had played longer than that, but it's hard to defy facts. Anywho, I got introduced to GunZ by my cousin who was playing the game with some of his irl friends that I know as well. Seemed like a fun game to me which reminded me of The Matrix movies and Max Payne games. I started out with the same name I'm using now, R0B3N which is a combination of My name and my Cousins name (Robert / Ben) writing it down in leetspeak, because I guess that was a thing we did back then.
    The memories are vague, you start off spraying eachother and work your way from there, back then everyone was spraying and there wasn't anyone that knew K-style, so I have kind of lived throughout the development of skills being used in GunZ. I think my first map was Factory, but I remember playing Station and some other maps too.

I'm not sure where to go from here, because there is so much to tell. Eventually my cousin stopped playing, I started meeting a bunch of people, when k-style came to igunz, we started learning it together and so a generation of the first (international) pro's started to come to fruition. There's actually still quite some people I'm in contact with who had a big reputation throughout iGunz and early ijji or the golden age of ijji. So I'm glad I was able to find back some of my buddies from back then.

Anyway, eventually we learned that there was going to be a new kind of gunz and igunz would eventually close down. This new gunz had premium items and it was hosted by ijji. At first there was some kind of beta for ijji if i remember correctly, if you leveled up to level 15, you would get a small taste of what premiums were like (you got the fire element)

I remember being in a ton of fun clans and playing around with friends, but at the day, I wasn't so structured with adding friends from games on a different platform like msn or so, so when I was playing for a while in early ijji and getting my first premiums through events (christmas set lol!) my router started getting issues in mid-late 2006 probably, I got NAT Error, as well as Agent Error. So everyone ended up being 300+ ping or 999 ping at first and eventually everyone turned out to be 999 ping.

This was a continuous thing until October 2009. This meant that I not only had missed the times of Prime GunZ with official cw's (and not the self hosted Town CW's we did in iGunZ) , huge clans and everyone making a reputation for themselves, but I also missed playing with my friends and by the time I returned, GunZ was already declining massively in popularity and playerbase. Many of my friends had quit or were quitting at the time, I was heavily looking for some kind of confirmation of my previous GunZ existence as well as my old friends, something which kind of still takes too much of my time nowadays.

There were some people I played with or had recognised, but some of them didn't remember me. I think the first time when I saw some old friends, was when this clan called Arashi came by and they were randomly calling me out. When I figured who they were, it almost brought a tear to my eye. These were people I played with on a daily basis in igunz as well as early ijji. Town TDM's mostly.

But aside from that, I knew I had to start over and start playing decently, because when I came back in 2009, I still had to properly learn DBF and RS and stuff like that, at the time I was forced to quit, those things were starting to develop a lot, so I had just missed out on it. From that time on, I started becoming better and better, and even became somewhat semi-good at the game again. Though after learning DBF and RS, I didn't learn that much extra, because after all. I had always been a scroller, and almost the only thing changed to my configuration was putting my sword on E. But managed to do so, because of learning how maps work, how people play, but mostly because of my selfproclaimed godly aim which seems to be somehow missing nowadays on this server.

Soon after playing (I still didn't have premiums) I was already better than the average person again, and I got invited by some friendly guy called Guideline into a clan called Interference (sound familiar?), because he thought I was a good player and I was clanless. Yes, Interference already existed in ijji 2009 and prior to that. I met so many new and nice people, people I still talk to today, and made new fond memories with, though the real oldgens will always hold a special place in my heart.

I even made an oldgen discord, where a lot of the Arashi people are in atm, as well as some others. I've been on and off on GunZ until the end of ijji, played aeria for a few days, but there were like 5 people online(that was officially ded) I started playing some pservers, but for the sake of this one, I won't name em all. Met with a bunch of people again, quit multiple times for multiple years and came back again. Eventually came back to this in 2017, played for a few days again, and quit until late 2019 / early 2020, when I came back to this again and somewhere during the start of covid I dropped out for half a year again until recently (few months ago). Sadly the decline is still here, but I see some people still holding tight to gunz and I still have some friends playing and I am still making new friends, so even though the game might be in decline and I can't relive the old days, no matter how much I want it, I am able to bond with new people that are also awesome and make my day a good one.

My story doesn't even come close to covering my full gunz life, but here's a small piece for you all to enjoy or not.

Anyways, it feels nice to drop a part of that story on a place where it might be remembered. (My old memories storage was destroyed rip gzf)

I wish you all well o/

13. The following 3 users say thank you to R0B3N for this useful post:

Person69 (04-15-2021), TomasEdison (04-17-2021), Zeyrox (04-18-2021)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information